Britney Spears at the VMAs

Brit0909Update: 9/10/07 8:00am
X17online is reporting that Britney found out about what Sarah Silverman was planning to say about her kids right before she was to go out and perform. A source tells them, she was so mad and upset that she basically just walked through the performance.

9/9/07 10:54pm
Like most people out there, I tuned in to see Britney’s comeback at the VMAs. I really expected something halfway decent, but as soon as the performance started, I found myself saying, “It’s like she’s sleeping.”

She couldn’t even keep up with the lip-synching, and was moving in super slow motion. There was no pep in her step.

After the performance, comedian Sarah Silverman came onstage and guess who her victim was? Yup, Britney Spears. Spears’ sons Sean Preston and Jayden James were also fair game. Here’s what Silverman said:

“She is amazing. I mean, she is 25 years old and she’s already accomplished everything she’s going to accomplish in her life.”

She continued: “It’s weird to think that just a few years ago on this very show, she was this, like, sweet innocent little girl in slutty clothes writhing around with a python. That’s not nice…calling Madonna a python.”

“Have you seen Britney’s kids? Oh my god, they are the most adorable mistakes you will ever see!”

“They are as cute as the hairless vagina they came out of.”

Ouch!

It was all bad, really bad. If you missed it you can watch her performance at Just Jared.

Usmagazine.com

Filed under: Other News

1. rachel

seriously, everyone should really stop trying to find every little thing wrong with her. it makes me angry that shes just a normal person and i guess people seeem to forget that all the time.

2. i love my kids

I am sorry not a big fan of BS – but you dont go there and talk about someones kids , thats just a line u don’t cross

3. Lisa

Yes-Sarah Silverman was waaaay out of line…you just don’t make kids part of a joke. It seemed like the production of the show was horrible. I feel bad for BS she must be feeling terrible today, the reviews out there are horrible. To me it seemed like she was on something-she was stumbling all over. They simply shouldn’t have let her go out there.

4. Jen

I did the same thing you did, Lisa. I tuned it at the beginning just to see BS.

I’ve never been a real fan of hers, never purchased an album, but, obviously, I’ve followed her career and personal life because it’s tough to avoid. I actually had a physical reaction to her performance. My heart broke for her and I was very sad. I can’t believe MTV allowed her to go on stage being as ill-prepared as she was. Regardless of Sarah’s terrible comments, Britney was in no shape to be the headliner of a show on national television. I feel like they set her up for embarrassment just to get the publicity out of her. The whole situation was just sad.

Sarah Silverman was downright cruel. I know that she is known for scathing comedy, but she really crossed the line when she mentioned the boys. I hope this is the last VMA show. I hope MTV puts this franchise out of its misery now.

5. Saying that about her kids was WRONG!

6. Saying that about her kids was WRONG!

7. poppy

Wow. That is harsh. I mean, everything she said was true, but harsh, harsh. And right in front of her and after she performed? Some nerve she has…