Brad Pitt: The Paparazzi Are In My Kids Face, “It’s Disgusting”

Joliepitt

“I understand the tabloid machine,” he says. “There’s money to be made off of Angie and me, but it has gotten so out-of-hand. There’s no decency, even when it comes to our kids.”

“I mean, yesterday Angie was taking Maddie off to school,” he continues angrily. “There were 30 paparazzi outside. One guy sticks a video camera in Mad’s face, yelling, ‘Maddox! Maddox!’ He doesn’t get a response. He doesn’t know my boy. Mad is already savvy to this, unfortunately. But my 2-year-old dreads being anyplace there are cameras. It scares her. They’re all in her face. My kids are faced with this every day! It’s disgusting. So we’ve been run out of L.A., all the major cities. We just can’t live there. You don’t understand–this is the hunt, the hunt, the hunt! I thought it might be over a year ago. It’s gotten worse.”

Ok, yes I read this and feel for them, but on the other hand, they have created this media frenzy. They have “options” when they take Maddox to school, for one, leave the other kids at home, or in the car with a bodyguard. There is no need to parade the whole family into his school. The paparazzi know what to expect, that’s why they’re there. If you don’t give them anything, they’ll go away.

The Jolie-Pitt’s have four children, three of whom are adopted; Zahara, 2, Pax, 3, and Maddox, 6, and a biological daughter, Shiloh, 16 months.

Parade.com

Filed under: Other News

1. mangabé

They are the only celebs I can think of who parade their kids on professional events.
    I don’t think Johnny Depp came with his kids in Venice, the same for Cate Blanchett.
    These 2 chose tomake the show on the boat.It’s fine,they’re free but don’t whine.

2. I feel for the guy. No one like a camera in their face 24/7. But I couldn’t believe that Brad says that he’s really into inner beauty. Right?

3. I feel for the guy. No one like a camera in their face 24/7. But I couldn’t believe that Brad says that he’s really into inner beauty. Right?

4. Anna

I totally agree with Lisa’s comments, especially on “there is no need to parade the whole family into his school”!

If we, normal people, don’t leave our other kids at home when taking one to school, it’s mainly because we don’t have the Jolie-Pitt’s lifestyle, with people who can watch over the kids anytime we’d need it!

The paparazzi’s attitude is certainly disgusting, and would probably be worse if they had their kids less exposed considering the demand from the public for these high-profile celebs who do like to be exposed themselves.
    Many celeb parents are very private, think Johnny Depp/Vanessa Paradis for instance, and it works.

5. Jen

Celebs need to be careful what they wish for. B&J need to tone down the spotlight on themselves a bit if they want it to be taken off of their kids. No one can have it both ways.

6. When they lived here in New Orleans, they admitted that it wasn’t such a media circus for them. They don’t choose to live in cities like that. They live in NYC.

7. suze

why is Brad complaining? this is what they want, they need the attention. If you don’t want your kids photographed try a little harder to be discreet. they can’t lead a normal life, because that’s not the path they chose, they are far from normal

8. Kass79

No-one else’s kids get this kind of paparazzi intrusion (except maybe the Beckhams’ in Europe) but then no-one whores out theirs kids to the media quite like Brangelina! I’m wondering when Angelina is actually going to take off that year she promised after Pax’s adoption.

9. NS

I don’t leave my other kids at home when I take my daughter to school or fetch her and why should they? Just because they make movies they must alter their lifestyle to avoid the paparazzi, when all they are doing is taking their kids to school! Absolutely ridiculous.