Trista Sutter Can’t Fit Into Her Skinny Jeans

Brit_blog_102_2

Trista Sutter, 35, gained 30 pounds during her pregnancy, and is determined to shed the last of that lingering weight by the new year. She talked to US Weekly about her post baby body:

“I’m definitely not pleased when I look in the mirror,” admits the 5-foot-2 star, who now wears a size 4 and weighs 116 pounds, but aspires to surpass her prebaby physique and get down to 106 pounds. “When I fit into my size 26 Hudson jeans, then I’ll be happy.”

How are you feeling about your body?
“My friend said that when I came home from the hospital, I’d be back in my old jeans. Fifteen pounds did fall off immediately, but the fact that it’s been three months and I’m still not in them is a bummer.”

What bothers you the most?
“My belly. It has a layer of fat, which, of course, your body has to put on, but it’s blubbery and I hate it. I want to be able to go bathing suit shopping for a vacation and not feel totally disgusted…I just don’t feel good in a lot of my clothes.”

Does Ryan help?
If I eat something that I shouldn’t, Ryan shakes his finger at me and says, ‘Uh, uh, uh!’ He’s been awesome, 100 percent supportive. He watches Max when I go to the gym and is constantly saying that I look great. But when you don’t feel good about yourself, you don’t feel like you want to be intimate. I want to feel, and look, sexy again for him. Even though he is being nice and saying he’s still attracted to me, I want to feel like he’s telling me the truth and not just saying it because he’s a good husband.”

usmagazine.com

I really don’t understand how wanting to be 106 pounds instead of 116 pounds makes the cover of Us? It’s only been three months, two of which her body has been healing inside.  Give me a break, and stop sending the wrong message to other women that are struggling with weight problems.  Just my two cents!

Filed under: Other News

1. rubygirl214

Good God!! I had my baby 9/10/07 and my pre-baby weight was 110, and I’m 5’2″. It’s 7 weeks post c-section and I weigh 130. I’m not going to stress myself out losing it. I’m still healing, still sore, so why torture myself?? Trista is quite the shallow one.

2. Tiger

I feel bad that this woman has such low self-esteem. If my husband ever shook his finger at me and said “uh uh uh” when I was eating a brownie I would be out the door fast. I feel bad for the baby.

3. Cara

Yeah, a size 4 is soooo huge. You’re such a cow Trista. Give me a break. This is a waste of newsprint.

4. Lisa

Wow guys, so many great points! This was just a ridiculous article! These were direct quotes from Trista…how pathetic she sounds. I wonder what she will think when she sees it in print?

5. Melissa

Man, women like that make me sick!! She is a size 4 for goodness sake. How many women wish that they were a size 4 in two months after giving birth. She needs to get some mental help if she really finds herself disgusting because there must be some serious issues in her head.

6. Kait

I can’t believe she’s whining about weighing 116 lbs. three months after giving birth. Way to encourage normal women Trista!

7. Suze

I had to read the article twice, wtf? what is wrong with her?, Jen I liked your last comment, well said!

8. Jen

I think this was the most telling statement:

Regarding Ryan: “Even though he is being nice and saying he’s still attracted to me…”

Wow. If she’s so worried about her looks that a 10 pound weight gain would potentially threaten Ryan’s attraction to her, that marriage has some serious issues.

I’ve had two children and I’m 50 pounds (yes, Trista–50!) heavier than I was when I got married four years ago. My husband is just as attracted to me because he didn’t marry me for my tush, although I’m sure at the time it was kinda cute. But it’s not now, and thank goodness my husband loves me for who I am inside and not just on the outside.

9. Theresa

I agree it’s pathetic that this is the cover of the mag…

First off who cares? Second what kind of message does this send to other woman who just gave birth…not a healthy msg I think! And third considering Trista’s battle with infertility for two years and her high risk/hard delivery…I would think being 116lbs instead of 106lbs for the rest of her life would be just fine…given the amazing little boy she got in return!

10. laura

very well said!

11. Francesca

DITTO! It takes AT LEAST a year for your body to completely recover. I mean seriously, it took 9 months to get that way, why would anyone expect to be back to their pre-pregnancy weight in 3 months?!

Mother of Three

12. Jen

Oh Lisa, I completely agree. How dare these magazines make women who are 116 pounds feel FAT! I mean, seriously, I’m flabbergasted. The vanity and the ignorance these people continue to promote is mind blowing. I’m all for people feeling good about themselves, and if fitting into a size nothing pair of jeans will rock Trista’s world, then, fine, whatever floats her boat. But I absolutely take issue with a publication making this story front page news. What a disturbing message this sends.

13. Louise

“If I eat something that I shouldn’t, Ryan shakes his finger at me and says, ‘Uh, uh, uh!’ He’s been awesome, 100 percent supportive.”

Now thát is a supportive husband…

I got back to my pre-baby-weight pretty quickly – much to my own surprise! Honestly, after 2, 3 weeks my belly looked pretty much like before. But this doesn’t make me less furious about this kind of articles!!

14. Boy, I could only hope to be 116. A woman who is so humiliated about her weight probably wouldn’t have it published in a national magazine unless she was actually bragging, which I think she is doing.

15. Nikki

i TOTALLY agree with everyone here….this article is bad….lol 106 pounds for a woman of 5’2 is alittle bit underweight i bet ya…and 116 aint bad!!…lol im 116 and 5 feet, and it says 106 is my ideal weight! but im pretty tiny,she is a couple of inches taller… it sounds like this woman is just bragging…. if u ask me 116 is perfect for her hight.. maybe even a bit more…she doesnt have to lose anything.. hollywood is warped!

16. Nikki