Poppy Montgomery’s Baby Shower

Poppy & her boyfriend, actor Adam Kaufman, held the Baby Shower at their home on October 20th to celebrate the pending arrival of their soon-to-be son due December 1st! Guests included Poppy’s Without A Trace co-stars: Roselyn Sanchez, Enrique Murciano, Eric Close & Marianne Jean-Baptiste, as well as fellow-actress Elizabeth Berkley & her husband of four years, actor Greg Lauren. The couples shower featured an animal show with a monkey, a lynx and an alligator as well as a cookie decorating station and a Huggies diaper fort! Guests snacked on mini-hamburgers, cupcakes, milk shakes and chocolate crackles as well as a delectable Huggies-themed cake!

*Note Added:Reader Jay pointed out that Poppy donated the Huggies to an orphanage in Mexico El Faro – the charity she supports. I have also added a picture of Poppy with some her guests.

Huggiesbabyshower021_2

Huggiesbabyshower009_2

Poppy2

Filed under: Poppy Montgomery

1. momof4

I’m sure Huggies donated boxed diapers as well, I can’t imagine that they used what was on the floor.

2. ivy

so babies in mexico have to use diapers that have been all over the floor because a grown woman needed a fort at her baby shower? thats ridiculous.

3. Lisa

Hi Guys-I was sent this story by a PR person, I did see it in OK! too, so I figured I would post it. I just gave the info to you all like they gave it to me. Yes, it is strange*I agree* but it is done all of the time in Hollywood, soon weddings will be sponsored if there not already.

I am happy that the diapers are being donated to a charity…
    :-)

4. cara

She could have donated diapers to her charity without being a publicity hog.

5. Product placement at personal events seems to be the new thing. I recall Tupperware throwing Brooke Shields her 2nd baby shower. It seems a little weird to me, I’d want people who knew me and loved me to throw my shower, I bet they will have the “real” one in the coming days and it won’t be in a magazine.

6. jay

The baby shower was sponsored by Huggies. Poppy donated the Huggies donation to an orphanage in Mexico (El Faro – the charit she supports). I think product placement by Huggies is fine considering it went to a great organization.

OK magazine has a 2 page spread on it and they actually do show the guests (WAT cast plus Elisabeth Berkeley and her husband).

7. jay

8. ivy

i agree. and why waste all those diapers to make a fort??

9. cara

Interesting. No pictures of the guests… A shower in their own home… And blatant product placement. Me guesses this is a publicity effort at its worst. I can’t believe you’re giving them (Huggies) coverage.