Jessica Alba Talks About Her Pregnancy

PEOPLE magazine got a chance to ask Jessica Alba, 26, a few questions about her pregnancy on Thursday at Glamour magazine’s kickoff for V-Day’s 10th Anniversary.

“It’s awesome, it’s the best time ever. I have two movies coming out, a baby, a fiancé – everything. I’m more tired, more hungry than normal.”

About her career

“I don’t know if anyone wants me in their movies [when I'm] six months pregnant,” she joked. “I’ll get the fire and I’ll want to work again, but right now it’s a time to relax and sit back.”

What she’s been up to

“I bought a new house a couple weeks ago. I’m in nesting phase.”

Alba also joked about her changing body as she performed “My Short Skirt,” a scene from Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues.

“I hope [my dress] won’t pop while I’m up here,” she said. “And if it does, you’re all women, and I think you’ll understand it. [When you're pregnant], your breasts are engorged and your stomach is getting bigger. . . . And the ass, too, that’s getting bigger by the second!”

The photo is from her photoshoot with Elle magazine – she appears on the February 2008 cover.

Source

Filed under: Jessica Alba

1. gogomama

she’s so pretty

2. Carmen G.

Ok. I don’t really care for her, I have to say. That being said, you don’t “nest” until the last few weeks of your pregnancy. And what does she know from engorged breasts?? Wait until a few days after she has the baby and she’ll truly know the meaning of engorged.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. I’m tired of her and her “I’m better than everyone else” attitude.

There, I feel better. And let the backlashing begin.

Carmen G. I am with you, she seems like a totally stuck up *itch!

4. Suze

how can you guys even judge her without knowing her??

5. Maru

I agree with Suze, you can’t judge a book for the outside you have to read it first. The same with people…
    A 15 yeard old is telling you this…

6. Shayla

I agree with you about not judging a book by its cover, but she really doesn’t come across as friendly as some of the other actresses do. She is pretty – when she smiles. She should really do that more often.

7. DropThePilot

She said she “was in nesting phase” in a new house! Read carefully first rather than quote phrases out of context, please!

8. Tiara

That’s the problem. People only hear, or in this case, read what they want to. Ladies, we have a classic case of haterism going on. You haters don’t even know her. Nor do I, so I’m not saying she is or isn’t how you judge her to be, but the simple fact of the matter is she is entitled to be who she is without being judged by you or anyone else. There is only one judge, God, and I’m sure he would frown on your catty gossip. Why don’t you examine yourself before you speak on others?