Trista Can Finally Fit Into Her Skinny Jeans!!

Remember when Trista Sutter was having problems fitting into her skinny jeans and feared she’d never be sexy again? Well, she’s back, and is in a bikini on the cover of Us Magazine, along with her 5-month old son Max. She’s been struggling for the past 5-months to lose the 30lbs she gained during her pregnancy, and is finally happy with her body. In the new issue of Us Weekly, Trista talks about the exact diet and exercise routine she followed to lose the baby weight.

Here’s some excerpts form the interview:

On her body

“I’m happy with my body, I’m confident and proud of the work I’ve done. I feel a lot more fit and healthy,” she says. “And I think that’s playing a part in our relationship.” (Adds Ryan, “I’m just happy to see her happy with herself… and her butt looks great!”)

This is actually in the interview too:

“Her 2,000-calorie-a-day diet and four-times-a-week workouts with trainer Brock Fetch have also helped her marriage to Ryan.”

Why would this help her marriage?

On Excercise

“Every night before I go to bed, I do abs, pushups, and tricep presses. I feel better when I wake up if I’ve done something to set my muscles and make them feel active.”

On baby #2

“We’ve started trying!” Sutter tells Us. “I’d love to have babies close in age. And it took us so long the first time that if it takes us two years, then that will be fine.”

Ok, now 5-months later she’s approx 106lbs, and once again the wrong message goes out to all of the women who have been struggling for years with their baby weight. I could go on and on about this, so I’m just going to shut up while I’m ahead:-)

Source

Filed under: Trista Sutter

1. Jen

I am so with you. Cry me a river, Trista. From everything I’ve ever seen and read about them, their relationship is purely superficial. I guess you can’t expect anything different from people who meet on a tv gameshow that’s based on looks.

2. Thanks for calling attention to what a dangerous message this sends to new moms, who are already overwhelmed enough without the pressure to lose all their baby weight and squeeze into an itsy bitsy bikini. We wrote about about this on our blog, too:

3. I don’t see this as a dangerous message to new moms. it’s diet and excercise, that’s it. There is no other way to lose weight. When you are over weight you have a complex, when you’re fit and trim you feel great about yourself, plain and simple. I find this completely normal, most of us just aren’t on magazine covers talking about it. She looks good because she worked at it.

4. Most women don’t have the disposable income to spend on expensive trainers, nutritionists, and nannies–which makes a lot of these celebrity makeover miracles completely unrealistic for 99.9% of the female population. And looking fit and trim does not guarantee that you’ll feel great about yourself. That is the message I find most dangerous about these baby weight loss articles and diet articles in general. There’s this constant emphasis on the idea that weight loss is the magic ticket to happiness and self-confidence. It just isn’t that plain and simple. There are plenty of fit and trim people who don’t feel great about themselves.

5. Jen

Claire, I loved the comment “she’s holding him like a freeweight”. I thought the same thing. It’s all about HER, though. That’s all the US article says to me.

6. daisy

Notice she rarely mentions the CHILD she gave birth too, but prefers to dedicate all the attention she receives on her weight, and her “struggle” to lose it. Ugh give me a break! It’s sad that our culture focuses on losers like this.

7. AC

I fail to see how being 135 pounds is a big deal. most people are 135 when they GET preggers. At least her diet was a healthy one and not starvation etc. etc. etc. but wah wah wah you’re not 105 wah wah wah.

8. ivy

i agree with susan. what’s dangerous is women who gain 70 pounds while pregnant then still blame it on the baby 3 years later. diet and exercise are healthy. there’s a reason why fat people feel bad about themselves.

9. Thanks, Jen. That photo really speaks volumes, doesn’t it?

Ivy, most women don’t gain 70 pounds during pregnancy (Trista certainly didn’t). Those who do gain that much weight may struggle with binge eating, a psychological disorder that does make people feel pretty bad about themselves, and even worse when they try to solve their issues through dieting and exercise alone. Weight loss efforts will surely fail when unhappy women believe that their problems and insecurities would melt away if they could just reach their “ideal” weight. It’s not the weight that makes that makes women unhappy. It’s unhappiness that makes women binge eat.

10. Beth

I was happy when trista & ryan were out of the spotlight…They are annoying and fake – I agree with Jen…The relationship seems nothing but superficial, Im surprised they’ve lasted this long….

11. Magda

all the ones critizing trista are probably fat women who won’t admit they hate how they look after having a kid….she has been honest about the fact she hated how she loooked after being preggers – good for her – finally a woman tells the truth – you gain weight, your skin stretches and as much as you luv your kid, you also want to look and feel good about yourself…it does not take a lot of money and/or a nanny to do get back in shape…it takes effort and patience and eating healthy and exercising – but i guess it’s easier to say “my body changed after the baby” or “i’m a mom now and i don’t really have time to exercise”, etc. those are all lame excuses…and yes, how you look affects your relationship w/your spouse – you want to look good for him and for yourself – it’s not all about the kid – the kid will grow up & leave & you need to make sure you did not abandon the relationship w/your partner because that’s the one that will be w/you ’til the end

12. Uh, I gained 70 pounds with my first pregnancy, 50 with my second and I worked my tail off to get back to my pre-baby weight. Being fat and happy while pregnant was lots of fun, but in the real world, I knew I needed to be healthy and fit to raise two young girls. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with focusing on yourself, your health and your weight. I agree with Magda that there are just too many excuses women make to not take care of themselves – mentally or physically – after having a baby. Being slim and fit and above all HEALTHY makes me feel good and that in turn makes everyone around me feel good, too. I didn’t have a trainer and I don’t have a personal chef. It takes a little work, yes, but it’s worth it. That being said, what I DO find annoying is that Trista’s taking up nearly the entire cover of my favorite magazine this week. Boring. I read “Us” for the gossip, not diet and fitness tips from a reality TV star.

13. Anya

I find this whole article extremely annoying. Everybody is recovering from being pregnant differently. My friend snapped back after birth of each of her two children without any diet or excersise – that was the way her body was. After 3 months she l had a abs like 16-year-old girl. Another friend worked her tail off but never could get rid of the pouch. If your abdominal muscles separate too much during pregnancy – there is nothing you can do short of the surgery to get flat tummy. Of if your skin stretches. It’s all in the genes.

14. MommyGirl

It’s a conflicting feeling about her losing her baby weight. We have to remember that she had access to things like a personal trainer, a nutritionist and a nanny to help her. This isn’t realistic for most people. She looks great, but we all have to remember that everyone bounces back differently.

15. Jenna Mitchell

Ivy, your shitty attitude is the reason women have eating disorders and zero self esteem. Why don’t we as women support one another, regardless of weight, to get healthy mentally first? The physical part follows naturally.

16. Malia

Every woman is different in regards to how they bounce back after giving birth. Heck, it can be different for the same woman with each subsequent pregnancy. When I gave birth to my first child, I lost the baby weight almost right away with hardly a change in diet or exercise routine. After my second daughter was born, I had to work extra hard to lose the extra weight and have had to step up my exercise routine.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to lose the baby fat but to expect each and every woman to lose that extra weight in a specified amount of time is unrealistic.

17. Meemaw

Why do people use “nutritionists”? All nutritionists are without exception cheating lying evil quacks. All you need for a ND degree and certification is $60.00 US and a stamp. It’s a diploma mill degree that requires absolutely no actual work.

Are women really all that stupid that they think nutritionists are trustworthy? Because you have to be very, very stupid to trust a “nutritionist”.

Go to a dietitian instead.

18. dave

I am so sick of hearing about this chick… I don’t care.. your 15 minutes was up a long time ago… I guess this is just another way for her to extend it..!
    give it (or us) a rest..!!