SHOCKING NEWS: Heath Ledger Found Dead

I am in utter shock to hear that Heath Ledger was found dead today at at 3:35 PM ET, in Soho, NY. He was only 28 years old, and leaves behind his two year old daughter Matilda with former fiancee Michelle Williams.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities.

The police said they did not suspect foul play. Officials said pills were found near the body.

I don’t know what to say – my heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Source

Filed under: Heath Ledger

1. Megs

This is huge, I feel terrible for all involved and send love & prayers their way. Wow, I can’t believe it.

2. MommyGirl

This is a shocker! I can’t even believe it!! My heart goes out to him, his family and loved ones.

3. Jill

And the saddest part is that Matilda probably won’t even remember him. My father died when I was 2.5 and I have no memories of him. It’s a big void where I know something should be…

4. Rinoa

Oh my god. I feel just sick inside about this. Truly awful news.

My heart goes out to his daughter. It’s not confirmed i know but if it was indeed a drug overdose just let me say wake up people drugs kill, love and accept yourselves for who you are you don’t need drugs. God made you with love so learn to love yourselves.

6. gia

What tragic news! He will be missed!!

7. RIP

what????? what a chock!

RIP .. May he rest in peace <3

8. Lisa

I feel awful for Matilda and Michelle. I know they are divorced, but he was a big part of her life for a time. I look at my daughter every day and after hearing about all the garbage that goes on in the world, I think how could anyone need drugs when they have a family to love? Especially anyone with all the money in the world that they don’t have to worry about making the mortgage this month. It is sad and tragic, and I never thought that Heath Ledger, as talented and sweet of a guy as he seemed to be, especially with his daughter would get rapped up in all of that. I’m not usually one to wish bad things upon anyone, but why can’t someone like Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton get these kind of consequences for their actions. All they tend to do is further the spread of STD’s and be constant role models for little girls on how to do drugs and drink. There is a poll out there for Lohan, Hilton and Spears, trying to pinpoint how and when they will die before December 31, 2008.

My heart pours out for Matilda, Heath’s family and friends. I can’t imagine what this is like for them. All I can hope is that the onslot of talented, star-studded deaths of late caused by overdosing will knock some sense into not only Hollywood but the rest of the world.

9. kaakie

it was said that he took over-the-counter sleeping pills and he had trouble sleeping because of his role as the joker. it might have been an accidental overdose. it is so sad.

10. DropThePilot

It makes it even more sad if it was an accident.:( So sorry for him!

11. Brittany

This is so sad. I feel so bad for his family.

12. Daniela

Daniela said:
    Wish there was a way to turn back the clock Heath…and stop this from happening… One of the most talented and promising actors… so many images left unseen, so many emotions left to portray. And on top of it all, you seemed to be a genuine, nice and real person..
    Like I said: wish I could turn back the clock and stop this from being true… Heath, you were unquestionably, steadily on my top 5: the chart where I place actors who win my heart – talent is the most splendorous thing… All the movies you won’t make, the maturing you won’t undergo… I wish I could still watch you when we were both in our 60’s… Wish there was a way.
    For some reason, ever since I heard the shocking news, Gustavo Santaolalla’s “The Wings” from Brokeback’s soundtrack is playing in my head and won’t stop… Probably because it’s so sad, and so beautiful, and reminds me of you…
    Rest in peace, Heath.
    Weird as it may be, writing this here helps me say goodbye…
    Always up there with the greats for me Heath…
    Love always,
    Daniela.

13. tess

I can’t believe it.
    this is awful news.
    Heath was talent and a sweet guy, especially with his daughter
    I feel sorry for Michelle, Matilda and the rest Heath’s family.