Vanessa Williams And Daughter Sasha Gabriella

Vanessa Williams And Daughter Sasha Gabriella

The beautiful Mom and daughter attended the “Meet The Browns” premiere in Los Angeles, March 13. Sasha Gabriella will turn 8 on May, 1st.

Did you know that Vanessa, who currently plays Wilhelmina Slater in Ugly Betty, was the first-ever African American Miss America?

Filed under: Vanessa Williams

1. Edonna

Her daughter’s name is actually Sasha and is the daughter of former husband Rick Fox.

2. Debbi

you have her name wrong and yes just about every US person knows about ms america because it ended up a huge scandal for her……..

3. Linda

cute daughter :) .. she looks a lot like Vanessa.

What for kind of scandal Debbi? I’m sorry but Im not american,so I haven’t ever heard about the scandal..I didn’t even know she was the first african-american miss america either- so thanks to the admin of this blogg for letting me know that :)

4. PtitePom

@ Debbi : you know, non-US people read this site too…. And Gabriella is her second name. So technically, I’m half-wrong.

@ Linda: you’re welcome (I’m not the admin, but I wrote the post), I didn’t know either until I read her bio on wiki and found out about the story.
    Here’s what they say about the scandal “Ten months into her reign as Miss America, she received an anonymous phone call stating that nude photos of her taken by a photographer prior to her pageant days had surfaced. Williams believed the photographs were private and had been destroyed; she claims she never signed a release permitting the photos to be used.” The photographs depicted mild overtones of simulated lesbian sex, which was quite controversial for its time. Penthouse wanted to publish the photos and so she was pressured to resign.

5. J

it wasn’t so much pressure to resign as it was her title being taken away.

6. Bluezy