Halle Berry Reveals Daughter’s Name: Nahla Ariela Aubry

Usmagazine.com reports, Halle Berry and boyfriend Gabriel Aubry named their newborn daughter Nahla Ariela Aubry.

Pretty name, but what does it mean?

“Nahla is the Arabic word for ‘drink of water,’ “Ariela is related to the Hebrew Ariel, which means ‘lion of god.’ “Nahla is one of those names that is occasionally found among people of African or Arabic descent, but isn’t commonly used in any particular culture.”

Nahla was born Sunday morning at 10:17am–Ok, now I cannot wait to see this baby! She’s going to be gorgeous..just look at her mom and dad!

Source: Usmagazine.com

Filed under: Halle Berry

1. BV

Hmmm. I don’t really like this name. I am a little dissapointed.

2. Rinoa

I don’t know if I like it or not. I have no idea how to pronounce it, lol.

3. DropThePilot

I don’t like the name, either.

4. Lisa

@Rinoa, Just like Nala from The Lion King

5. ivy

i love Nahla, it was one of my possible names if we have a girl, but then i thought it isnt really good for an adult…..more of a little girl name.

6. ivy

it’s the girl lion from ‘the lion king’ :)

7. Bluezy

Not a fan of the name but she could have done a lot worse. I too thought of the Lion King movie when I heard this.

8. Rinoa

Thanks Lisa! Now I definitely know how to pronounce it!

9. Dea

Beautiful name, I like it. Hey, at least she didnt name her after a fruit right?

10. poppy

I think Nahla is pretty. I like it. I don’t like the two middle names. It’s so clunky.

• MamaLibra

I agree w/ you that the name sounds clunky. Nahla is a beautiful name & so is Ariela but it’s too much. My daughters name is Nyla Marie Jackson. My daughters name is Gaelic which means champion so it is different than Nahla which most ppl don’t think. Maybe she should’ve picked a diff middle name but maybe the dad picked that name who knows.

11. Janie

I don’t like the name!

12. Jessica

I like the name, but I first thought of ‘The lion king’ as well.

@poppy: it’s only one middle name: Ariela
    Aubry is the little ones lastname ;)

13. Carmen G.

Girls: Retract your claws.

It’s a pretty name, and we’re all entitled to name our children whatever we choose.

Now. Where are her baby pictures??

14. Tiffany

Who said something about two middle names – there’s only one, Ariela. I think is cute even if I wouldn’t have named my baby that. I don’t think ANYONE is entitled to please others when they name their baby. I respect everyone’s opinion though. No matter what this kid is named she’s bound to be beautiful!

15. Peta

As far as names go, I’ve heard christen their babies with far worse than Nahla. At least it’s an actual name. :)

Plus, as Tiffany said, who cares? It’s not Gabriel and Halle’s job to give their child a name that will please a bunch of strangers.

16. Linda

I think they should have given the baby a normal name and the middle name could be something like Nahla .. so if the child wants to be called nahla its fine,its her choice.But as a first name it sounds too over the top,and its not even beautiful.Savannah like Marcia Cross daughter,that is a beautiful name!

17. Carmen G.

I think Nahla is a much prettier name than Savannah. How many Savannah’s are in the world now? A ton!

18. Tiffany

Linda, beautiful is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to like both Nahla and Savannah. Names come from all different ethnic background. At least the name has decent meaning, which I find very important. I have a friend who just named her baby Hadyn, which is a beautiful name, but unfortunately it means “heathen”. I’m hearing a few caucasian girls named Makennna, which is a name I’m currently thinking about for my next baby, and it derives from Africa. I’m pretty sure those of Arabic or African decent think it’s a pretty name.

19. Me

Any baby from Miss Berry is going to be gorgeous. I think her BF is kind of ugly. Reminds me of K-Fed a bit. I hope he treats her better than past loves. I am happy for them. :D

20. DropThePilot

Why do you all react so negatively to those who just say they don’t like the name? I just expressed my opinion, I DON”T have to like it! I didn’t say anything bad about it or about Halle (I love her!) or anything..I just said I didn’t like the name. It’s normal. We all perfectly know that it’s everybody’s business to choose a name for their babies. After all, I believe the girl’s going to be beautiful!

21. Nic

I actually named my beautiful daughter NALA (4 yrs. ago) because it was simple but unique and partly because it was from the Lion King and I love Disney but mainly because it’s African and it means “Successful.” I didn’t really know there was another version to her name. I like the fact that I have yet to find anyone here where we live with the same name. But of course now that Halle Berry named her daughter NAHLA there will be more people in the future doing the same whether it be NAHLA or NALA. Oh well at least I didn’t become too Disney obsessed and had her middle name as BELLE or AUROA. My husband and I stuck to something normal, my first name

22. nala

heyyy.
    im nala.
    i was born 12 years ago.
    when the lion king first came out.
    my name roxx without an h in it.
    i get lots of complements on it.
    and i thought i was the only nala in the world but im wrong.