Jamie Lynn Spears Engaged

Jamie Lynn Spears, 16, has been showing off the rock to friends and family around Louisiana and Mississippi, a source close to the family tells PEOPLE.

“She’s got an engagement ring,” the source says. “She’s been showing it off, talking about it.”

Jamie and babydaddy Casey Aldridge, are expecting their first baby together this summer.  Sixteen… engaged… with child… Wow. Still kinda shocks and disturbs me. I find it sad, but I’m sure she’ll be a good Mom, she seems to want this child very much and tries to make the right decisions.

Filed under: Jamie Lynn Spears

1. ivy

we put our opinions in the comments, the people who post the pictures can make whatever comments they want, where ever they want. if you dont like it dont come to this site.
    she’s right, it is very disturbing. its also very disturbing that you think it’s ok. you must be a pregnant teenager yourself for you to get so offended by someone else’s opinion.

2. Lisa

The comment that ivy is talking about has been removed. All comments appear immediately, but they are moderated. We encourage opinions and debates, you are allowed to agree or disagree with each other or the editors, but we don’t tolerate being talked to in an insulting manner.

3. Jen

Disturbed here, too. What I love is how delusional young couples like this are. They have no life experience. They have no idea how difficult being married is, how difficult being a parent is. To them it’s all sunshines and rainbows because, really, all that’s all teenage love is. They won’t last very long when the harsh realities and stresses hit. I feel sorry for them.

4. Alysa

I had my first child at 16. It obviously wasn’t planned, but if I had the opportunity to go back and change it, I wouldn’t do it for all the money in the world. Declan is my world. I was able to finish high school (which, if i recall correctly, she has already done) and even go to college. I got engaged after I learned I was pregnant and this may shock you, but 10 years later, I am still married to his father. We are not only married, but happily married, and we have another little one on the way. My “teenage love” as you put it was not just “sunshines and rainbows”. It was and is so much more than that.

One of the main things I have learned from my experience is that it seems as though adults are often ignorant, as many of you seem to be. I feel as though adults often jump to conclusions about the ignorance of teenagers about how hard life can be. I wasn’t ignorant, but I wasn’t afraid either.

I give her props for handling this so well. You guys use the word disturbed as if she chose this pregnancy. There has been no word one way or the other, but I would be willing to bet that she didn’t wake up one day and decide to get pregnant.

It can work people. It can work better than most marriages today work.

Please stop being ignorant. I’m not naive to the fact that often times it does not work out. But please do not act as though it never does. Be sorry for them if it doesn’t work out. Be happy for them as they are trying to make it work in a difficult situation.

5. Lora in Kentucky

Very well put Alysa.

6. BV

I agree very much Alysa. Nicely put. To refer to her situation as disturbing? I find that to be very rude. Disturbing would be her big sister’s recent behavior or the majority of the rest of young celebrity behavior.
    She may be 16 and the odds might be against her but at least they are trying. Who knows what the outcome will be. I think that if you are getting ready to bring an innocent child into the world and you have made the huge choice to keep it, bravo to you for at least trying to bring it into a somewhat stable enviroment.
    I wish them the best. Let’s try not to judge them. They could be doing a lot worse.

7. Brenda

I wish her the best but I hope she isn’t rushing into a marriage because of the pregnancy. Last I heard she was giving the baby up to her Mom to raise. But if she decides to raise the baby herself she would probably do a great job. As Alysa says it could all work out. I’m glad you were able to raise Declan, sucessfully finish school and have a successful marriage starting at such a young age!!! It’s so nice to hear an inspiring story like that. Thank you for sharing!!