More than ever before, tabloids and blogs are paying top dollars for those first photos of celebrity babies. Forbes.com compiled a list of the most expensive celebrity baby photos over the last decade – and they didn’t look at photos that sold for less than $500,000. For a slideshow of those babies click here.
1) Max & Emme (celeb parents: Jenifer Lopez and Marc Anthony) People magazine March 2008 $6 million
2) Shiloh Nouvel Joilie-Pitt (celeb parents: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt) People magazine June 2006 $4.1 million – donated the funds to African charity.
3) TIE–Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt (celeb parents: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt) People magazine March 2007 $2 million
4) TIE–Dannielynn Hope Birkhead (celeb parents: Anna Nicole Smith and Larry Birkhead) OK! Magazine April 2007 $2 million
5) Max Bratman (celeb parents: Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman) People magazine February 2008 $1 million
6) Harlow Winter Kate Madden (celeb parents: Nicole Richie and Joel Madden) People magazine February 2008 $1 million
7) Kingston Rossdale (celeb parents: Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale) OK! Magazine June 2006 $575k
8 ) Sean Preston Federline (celeb parents: Britney Spears and Kevin Federline) People magazine November 2005 $500k
Insiders say if Angelina is really expecting twins she could receive as much as $10 million for the exclusive.
We love seeing these adorable babies, but are the pictures worth the big price tag?
OK! editor Rob Shuter thinks so,
“But anybody that looks at it as just a one-week phenomenon has missed the real point,” Shuter explains. “It’s branding. It’s publicity. It’s marketing.” For a magazine, an exclusive set of A-list baby pics generates a tremendous amount of buzz, from blog write-ups to talk show segments to newspaper headlines.
Read the full article here.