Suri’s $5,000 Birthday Cake

Suri's $5,000 Birthday Cake

“The four-tier, custom-made birthday cake was made by a local specialty shop and has been adorned with yellow dots and butterflies. There are also 24 miniature cakes for the party guests to enjoy. Total cost: $5,000.”

$5,000 ?!?! WOW !!! That’s a LOT for a birthday cake! And a bit ridiculous too, if you want my opinion… What do you think ?

Source : PacificCoastNews

Filed under: Suri Cruise,Uncategorized

1. That’s such a cute cake! I would never pay $5,000 for it! But it’s pretty.

My daughter just turned two a couple of weeks ago and I made her a Duncan Hines chocolate cake. $2.50 and she loved every bite. :)

2. LISA SMITH

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FANTASTIC PARTY THAT KATIE HAD PLANNED… THE BIG PARTY PLANNER THAT SHE IS… IT WAS IN SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE IN THEIR BACKYARD.. SO THAT ALL THE
    HELICOPTERS COULD TAKE PICTURES…TALK ABOUT LOW BUDGET
    WHAT BIG IDEAS THAT KATIE HAD.. SEEING THE PICTURES..

NO CELEBRITY GUESTS..JUST A SMALL 1960′S TYPE BACK YARD
    BIRTHDAY.. WOW.. ARE WE GOING TO SEE SOMETHING DIFFERENT
    TOMORROW ON THE ENTERTAINMENT SHOWS>>

3. Ilyena

I don’t intend on spending that much on my wedding cake let alone my two year old’s birthday cake.

4. ExPat

Ridiculous and probably not true. I mean, come on!

5. anne

(ExPat: hey, those 24 Guest Cakes add up!) I’m *really* enjoying the juxtaposition here of (1) Suri’s Cake and (2) the Divine Miss Blanchett, having given birth only 6 days before, chairing a 100-delegate committee at the Australian government’s 2020 Summit. Um, no further commentary required!

6. Linda

Did that TINY cake cost 5.000 dollars? :S

7. LISA SMITH

NO LINDA IT IS NOT …!! THE CAKE AND CUPCAKES FOR THE GUESTS DID.!! FROM SPRINKLES KATIES FAVORITE CUPCAKE STORE..THANKS CELEBRITY SCOOP FOR THE PHOTOS OF
    CATE’S NEW SON…

8. Sandy

Well, personaly, I think that this cake is very beautiful and I absolutely believe that it and the the cupcakes cost $5,000. I am sure each and every one of us would give even more for their kids if they have the money, and we all know Tom and Katie have money, so why not to buy an expensive cake?

9. bee

hmmm, pretty nice profit there for Sprinkles :) I’m sure once they found out who the cake was for the price went up a couple grand!

10. Cloey

Cute, but not $5,000 worth of cute and I don’t even care how many guest cakes came with it. Even if I had that kind of money I wouldn’t spend it on a two year old’s birthday cake, not unless it was big enough to feed a whole huge mess of people. I don’t think my entire wedding cost that much.

11. Bev

Ive seen better looking cakes on Ace of Cakes!

12. Devin

It’s amazing how some of you impose your value systems on others. So what, the cake cost $5,000. Isn’t that what working and earning money allow you to spend it the way you want?

13. Dea

Yeah, guess for celebs like TC and Katie $5,000 is like $5. I am going looking it from my perspective..if it were me, that $5,000 will go straight to my son’s college fund.

14. Dea

Sorry, *I am going to look at it from my perspective*

15. lisa

I think its pretty sad. that money could of helped feed some people in 3rd world contries.And so what if their rich that does not make it ok.People need to wake up there are more importent things to spend money on.We live in a sad world.

16. Mia

Well..I hope I am not imposing my views , but I really odnt remember ny birthday parties at age 7 and below..so really its just a party for the parents..

Even if I made Gazillion dollars and I would expect my kids to know that money is EARNED and material things may come easily because of thier background, but character and personality goes a long way to make sure you hang on to that money even if you dont add to it.
    Tom’s zillion s can all be converted to enough white powder for the kids to sniff away if they dont understand the calue of money..especially since they are going to come out messed up anyway unless Nicole can wrestle them from the grip of the asthmatic dwarf who pupeteers cruise.
    Less we have more narcissistic H0s like Paris Hilton, please teach your kids some values or society and the court system will do YOUR job!

1: How come there are pictures of the birthday celebration.this is a family that dissapears for months on end but they can showcase thier birthday party for the world to watch..this is another shitology staging

2: You cannot even stand infrint of that shitology center without thier cult guard coming out to ask you to leave., so what happened here..guess is they paid to have the paps come out

3: I think the coin is beginning to drop slowly for the ROBOT …She is so deseperate to make her life seem like a fairy tale and appear to be enviable for awesome fantastic family..but really, if you have to try so hard, chances are there is something off and she knows it…just cant admit to it because of her various press junkets on teh fabulousity of her life

4: Her parents need to bitch slap her out of her daze rather than be kiisng the derriere of their rich son in law…the sold thier kid into a cult and how many catholice actually are divorce lawyers…her background is showing in her stupidity..

17. LISA SMITH

WELL THEY FINALLY MADE IT HOME.. AT THE 30 MILLION DOLLAR
    HOME.. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A 30 MILLION DOLLAR HOME..
    WITH JOHNNY ON THE SPOT LINED UP ON THE DRIVE WAY…
    AND INSIDE THE GARAGE FULL OF STUFF..

IT SHOULD BE FUN TO SEE HOW KATIE SETS UP THIS HOUSE AFTER SEEING THE INEXPENSIVE PARTY SHE HAD IN SOMEONE
    ELSES HOUSE…THE CAKE WAS THE ONLY EXPENSIVE THING THERE

18. ice

I dont even find the cake cute at all. I know they’re rich, but I’m disgusted at the way the Cruises, Katie Holmes in particular, waste their money. She seems to believe only in extremely-high end stuff, as if just to flaunt her status. Wonder what kind of spending patterns she had before she married into a cult and had all these moolah

19. natsu

WHY 5000$???
    it’s only sugar, flour and so on!!!
    excuse me, but I think a 20$ or 50$ cake will be taste the same like this one.
    5000$ for a 2years-cake.
    500$ ok..they are rich..but 5000$??
    come on! the cake for her 18 or 21 birthday will cost a million?!

20. Devin

It’s thier money and their child, and for the person talking about feeding 3rd world people, do you have to go that far to find hunger? How much money did you send to help feed, shelter or clothe someone?

21. sol

haha come on, let’s be honest isn’t cute look like a normal birthday cake …

22. Dea

I am pretty sure everyone knows who are the suckers in this scenario: the Cruises. And guess who is laughing all the way to the bank: the Bakery.

23. Shannon

I could have made that cake myself and not for $5,000! I think they’re stupid and wasteful!

24. anne

@Devin#20: Statistics tell us that lower income folks contribute a larger percentage of their earnings to charity than the highest tax brackets do — that’s a fact. However, in these hard economic times, I suppose we should encourage the wealthy in their profligate ways … at least it’s keeping some of the serf class (service industry & retail) afloat. ;-)

25. agatha

it is alovely cake but too much for a two year old

26. Syrenity

Okay, it’s their money and they are welcome to spend it as they like…and it did go to an American company, so I guess it helps the economy. But, come on!! $5,000??? Are the yellow dots and butterflies made with saffron??????? Are they coated with gold???? I mean, that is beyond imaginable that a fairly plain cake (and guest cakes) would have cost that much!! It’s true, the rich really are different!

27. lisa

Anne i agree with you 100 percent :)

28. Olivia

Dear administrator,

Pray ask yourself…What does the money going to an American (America is a continent for umpteenth time!) have to do with anything when these superstars’ movies make money all around the world?

29. Bee

looks like a wedding cake more than a hildfrens bday party cake

30. Capitalist

If *you* were the baker, you’d charge them $5,000 if not more.

31. Well I own an upscale children’s events planning service and I personally see nothing wrong with what they have done here. It’s a matter of perspective, taste, and most of all pleasing their own family. If you live your life worrying about what other people think, then you are not really living your life.