Mother Of 18 Has Much To Be Thankful For This Mother’s Day

Mother Of 18 Has Much To Be Thankful For This Mother’s Day

The Duggar’s are in the process of filming another series for Discovery Health. Michelle says the show will highlight life inside the home and how chores are allocated to each child. One episode involves a “jurisdiction swap” where the girls do the “boy” chores and vice versa:

“The girls swapped jurisdictions, changing tires, working in the garages, mowing the grass,” [Michelle said] “The boys got to cook supper from start to finish, clean the bathrooms, among other chores.”

Michelle says her current pregnancy is going well and that she and her husband Jim Bob plan to have children as long as God wills it. Jim Bob states:

“The success in a family is first off, a love for God, and secondly, treating each other like you want to be treated. Our goal is for each one of our children to be best friends, and everybody working together to serve each other makes that happen.”

In between Joshua and Jennifer, the other Duggar children are Jana, 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 16; Jessa, 15; Jinger, 14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 11; Joy-Anna, 10; Jeremiah, 9; Jedidiah, 9; Jason, 7; James, 6; Justin, 5; Jackson, 3; and Johannah, 2.

Source: AP

Filed under: Michelle Duggar,Uncategorized

1. wendy

just want to say if you say you are Christian instead of having children go and and do something for Jesus.

2. Devin

Poor Myleene Klass complaining about how difficult it is to take care of one child and with the help of a nanny. It just brings into focus how spoiled some of these celebrity moms are. I don’t know whether to pity or admire this woman. I hope she’s happy her family is beautiful. I can’t imagine having 2 kids let alone 18.

3. Nosoupforyou

Her kids are beautiful.

I saw them on TV and what really happens is that the older children are “assigned” younger ones to care for.

Not much of a childhood, IMO.

4. Beth

With every pregnancy that a woman goes through it shortens her lifespan and makes her more susceptible to diseases such as osteoporosis. What is the use of being pregnant every year of your life when you cannot enjoy them when they are all grown up with young ones of their own. That is why women died so early in our history. Children should also have a time to be child not a miniature parent.

5. kim

Well said, Beth! My mother grew up in a family of 15 children in 1950s Quebec, when every good Catholic family was expected to produce as many children as possible for the Church. She was one of the older ones who was “assigned” a baby and, to this day, taking care of her youngest sister is a fond memory for her. But we don’t live in post-war times anymore, and the notion of reproducing until it’s not possible anymore is outdated and pretty irresponsible. This family, as lovely as it may be, is a drain on the environment and on an already overpopulated world. But then that’s just my opinion.

6. jamie

think its time to tie her tubes sheshhhhh isnt she getting close to 40 or mid forties? when does it end ? can’t imagine going through 18 natural births ,she will be wearing tena underwear by time shes 40 .

7. Jason Platt

I strongly agree with Kim. There needs to be more education on how the world’s resources is limited and how we need to think of the effects on society of having more than two or three kids. I am an only child and my mother had one brother but my maternal grandmother was one of 13, but that was because she grew up in a rural part of Russia during the end of the 19th century where people had lots of kids to work on the farms. While I understand people don’t like being told how to live their lives, I don’t think having many kids should be celebrated or encouraged without good reason. I personally will state publicly here that I will not have more than 3 at the most and I haven’t had any yet and I’m 40.

8. Tracy

I agree! Overpopulation is already a problem, in my opinion, it is totally irresponsible for the environment and those kids. They all live at home, can they go to college? can they every wear new clothes? can they anything more than ‘helpers’ to their parents?
    I myself would have stopped at 2, ( I wanted my son to have a sibling) but the second pregnancy was twins, so I have 3. I am 35, and my friend who is 45 keeps telling me I should have more, I’m so young. She’s crazy. 3 is enough for anyone.

9. Devin

How many of you would be shouting overpopulation if it were the beloved Angelina and Brad?

10. poppy

Devin- just as many people would be shouting overpopulation. People wouldn’t hesitate to criticize if it this were a loved celebrity couple. Anyway, Angelina and Brad adopt. Completely different.

11. lucia

are they rich?? I’ve got one daughter and i can’t imagine have another one, and I love children but life is not cheap!
    And the most important thing for me is what Beth said..(her lifespan)I’m spanish but I actually live in Buenos Aires Argentina and is sad too see a very young women pregnant, and having a lot of kids, they never couldn’t have the best education, travels ….
    ok, they have love but it’s important to have economic support to afford new projects and studies..
    I never heard about this family but is so crazy….
    Anybody can tell me if are they rich’??Please
    Sorry if i did too many mistakes…I’m learning english

12. CiCi

My 90-year-old grandfather was the product of a family of 16 children, but only 12 made it to be adults.

It’s always surprising to hear of families with so many children.

13. ivy

no lucia im pretty sure they’re not rich, they probably dont have very easy lives because of this. i agree with most of you- it’s irresponsible. i come from a family of 12 kids, and its nice now that we’re all grown up, but when we were young it was horrible. not many people can afford to take care of that many kids the way they should be taken care of. i dont think the whole overpopulation thing was a popular issue 20 years ago, but it is now and people should be aware of it.

14. Natalie

He is actually in real-estate…so no, they aren’t rich…but they certainly aren’t struggling for money.

15. Tegz

i really dont understand how people can critisize young mothers, then they critisize older mothers.
    what is the right age to have a child??
    seriously i think younger mothers are much better to have children.
    i mean when it comes to 14 yr old i think thats a big how u goin..
    i am 21 now with an almost 3yr old. i fell pregnant with my son at 17 and had him at 18. i was told that i would never have kids. i had my son no problems. it did take me to years to fall pregnant with my second. on fertility tablets and all. i am currently pregnant with my second due in july 2009.
    i really dont understand though how some ppl can be so rude and selfish to critasize people when there young..
    my sister inlaw was annoyed with my partners brother falling pregnant for there second time, yet there first one was a still born. how selfish can some people be in this such cruel world??