Brangelina Buy A £35 Million Chateau In The French Riviera (Update)

Update: The couple have not purchased the 880-acre estate called Chateau Miraval, but have signed a three-year lease. A source tells E! Online,

“They’ll have total privacy, which is exactly what they’re after. No one will ever be able to get pictures of them relaxing at home, it’s just impossible.”

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have just bought a £35 million chateau in the French Riviera. The couple have looked at around 100 properties before settling on the 35-bedroom estate.

The chateau comes complete with it’s own vineyard, moat, lake and forest. They spotted this sprawling estate from the air by helicopter. A source said,

“It’s a place called Chateau Miraval which is in a tiny village called Brignol in the Var, not far from Aix en Provence. They’re going to enrol the kids in a local French school and they already have friends there like Bono and The Edge from U2 and Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis.”

The couple hopes to move their family into the large estate by August.

More photos at The Daily Mail

Source: The Daily Mail

Photo: The Daily Mail

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt

1. devin

For the person who criticized other for spending extravagantly I can’t wait for your comments on this. Like I always say it’s their money to do with as they please.

2. tess

it’s a beautiful house and the view must be wonderful, all the best for their family.
    And I think the same it’s their money, so they can spend in whatever they want.

3. Kate

On top of the fact taht its their money, its a house. Its not 15 cars and a couple thousand pairs of shoes. Its one of the most responsible and stable ways to blow hoardes of money. Sure, its huge and they dont really need a thousand acres or 35 bedrooms, but there isnt alot you can critique about them purchasing a private home for them adntheir kids

4. PtitePom

@ Kate : I agree ! It’s a house, not some extravagant birthday cake for example….
    I hope they’ll enjoy their stay in France. The South is truly wonderful… but then again, so is the rest of the country !

5. devin

Who determines what is excessive and extravagant? If you want to buy a 5,000 cake or 5,000 pairs of shoes it can be justified and rationalized. Just think of all the homeless people they could help. This couple get a free walk with everything they do.

6. Lily

Geez, people love Angelina so much that they can’t manage to speak some truth?

Together these two own about 7 houses. It’s gluttonous. Just like every other celebrity…grabbing as many possessions as they can get their hands on.

I will say that I do think Angelina is a neat person, she has a beautiful family, and she does make an effort to help. But her actions don’t exactly match her words.

7. PtitePom

I don’t like Angelina Jolie and I like Brad Pitt even less. I’m just saying, if they want to buy a home, it’s their decision. You don’t know what they’ll do with it next. Maybe they’ll rent it or create something in it. Maybe not.

I don’t make big money, I will never be as rich as they are. But if they can afford it, I stick to my opinion, a house is a real investment compared to a birthday cake or a thousand pairs of shoes.
    I’ve learnt about money ever since I was a child, I’m not the kind to waste it, but if I can afford something, I do it. You only live once.

I, for one, think it’s disgusting for one person to be paid so much for a movie, or just because they play in big basketball/soccer/football teams. It’s even a shame. I mean, they do nothing extraordinary compared to a doctor, a fireman or all those people we never talk about. But unfrtunately, nothing we could say about it would change the way it goes.
    I know they give back as often as they can. They’re not saints, but they share. There are many people who don’t know what to do with their money because they have so much. But they don’t help. They keep it to themselves. And spend. And spend. And spend. And noone points it out.

So no, I’m not defending them, I’m just saying, there’s nothing we can do about it…. And they invest in things that will last.

8. hannah

The more I hear about Brad and Angelina, the less respect I have for them.

9. Bluezy

Who cares what they do or don’t do with their money. They do a lot of charity but I’m sure you could always say they could do a lot more. The same could be said for most people in the world.

10. Peta

35 bedrooms? If they can afford it, well, good for them I suppose. In my case, all my distant relatives would be popping up out of nowhere for a ‘visit’ and driving me crazy as soon as word got out.

11. anjel

so inconsiderate
    if they can afford a house like that
    with 35 bedrooms why cant they open a homeless shelter
    with that kind of money must be nice…..