Bridget Moynahan Talks About Going It Alone At 3 Months Pregnant

Bridget Moynahan Talks About Going It Alone At 3 Months Pregnant

Bridget Moynahan candidly reveals how she felt being pregnant without the support of the babydaddy, 30 year-old NFL star Tom Brady, to Harper’s Bazaar.

On Bringing Baby Jack home: “Everyone says, ‘You give birth, you go home, and you have this amazing baby and it’s just beautiful. And I walked in and I just started sobbing. All of a sudden, you have this newborn you have no training for. It’s frightening.”

On Motherhood 9 months later:“ “I have become that mother I used to dread. Every time he does something, you think he’s a genius.” She pauses, “He’s totally a genius.”

On finding herself alone at 3 months pregnant: “I’m not sure anyone — and I could be wrong in this — grows up thinking, I want to be a single mom,” Bridget was three months pregnant with Tom’s child but no longer in a relationship with him. She says, “There’s no reason why my son years down the line would need to read anything [personal] about his mother or his father.” Tom has since moved on with Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen, 27. Bridget is raising her son alone (though Brady spends time with Jack). “Going through that traumatic time of being heartbroken and then being pregnant turned my whole life upside down and inside out and just knocked the wind out of me. But I got so much out of that. It’s golden and it’s tough and it was f***’ed up. But now I have a child, and it’s the best thing in the world.”

On deciding to go it alone: “You really have to weigh out all the pros and cons and how it will fit into your life professionally, spiritually, and emotionally. Doing it on your own when it wasn’t expected comes with a lot of fears and anxieties. But I felt 100 percent that I could do this.”

On telling her parents: “When you’re suddenly pregnant and no one is standing by your side, even if you’re in your 30s, it’s a hard conversation. I’m a traditional girl, and I believe in marriage, and I just always thought that’s the way I’d be doing this. For a moment, it was hard for me to accept that this was the way I was going to have a family. I’ve had to recognize that there are just so many different options today.”

On enjoying her pregnancy: Bridget said she enjoyed her pregnancy and the weight she gained was “all baby. Being pregnant just felt so good. I was creating life on a daily basis, I felt beautiful, I felt sexy.”

On dating during her pregnancy: “I couldn’t believe how many times I was asked out! Not that I went out a lot. When I was faced with doing this on my own, I was worried about how it was going to affect my personal life. I was confident that it was not going to be an issue. And I was right. God, I’d love to have another one.”

On wanting a partner for her next pregnancy: “I think it’s important to have a strong male figure in my son’s life, and I want something equal to that in my life, as a partner, a lover, a friend. But I’d rather be alone [than] with somebody who doesn’t work. I don’t need that, and my son doesn’t need that.” Bridget says having Jack has drawn quality people into her life, “It’s brought higher-quality people into my life because whoever is going to be [with me] understands straight off the bat that it’s a package. If you just want to hang out and have some fun, there are a thousand other girls who are willing.”

Source: Harper’s Bazaar

Photo: Douglas Friedman

Filed under: Bridget Moynahan

1. Amber

you can’t force someone to love you. I’d rather be on my own then with a guy who doesn’t love me.

2. lily

Amber – I think Bridget just said that too. See the last paragraph.

I’m glad she is dating again and enjoying motherhood to the fullest! Kudos to Bridget !!!

3. nicolette

the babies name isnt jack

4. Lisa

‘Jack’ is a nickname for John

5. Sandi

This woman is a complete phoney! Boo Hoo. Go away already!

6. nan

I love me some Bridget Moynahan.

This lady is classy and cool.

7. Nicole

I like her. It’s not her fault her baby’s daddy is a flake.

8. Debbie

I don’t feel sorry for Bridget in the least. Brady has said he wasn’t going to get married and have kids until he retired around the same time she stated she had a 5 year plan to get married and have children. Then they split up only to find out that *gasp* Bridget is pregnant. What a coincidence! Not!

Bridget knew what she was getting into, and what she was doing. I don’t like sports, could care less about Brady as a person but open your eyes people!! She thought by getting pregnant that he would marry her and it blew up in her face.

She’s just another baby mama who has a baby by an athlete and bitter because she he did not marry her.

Write her an email and tell her to join the other baby mama’s who got pregnant for all these other football, basketball, and baseball players who tried the same thing and didn’t get that player to marry them. They all FAIL and just because she’s been in a few movies and a couple tv shows doesn’t separate her from the other baby mamas for these athletes. She is not and never was his wife.

9. Rebecca

Why should I feel sorry for a woman who used an innocent baby in an attempt to trap a man into marrying her?

Yes, trapped. Let’s all be honest here…. NO PREGNANCY past the age of about 18 is an “accident”. Not one. Women who claim that, think that people around them are stupid, and let me tell ya, nobody believes that! Especially when you are pushing 40. It took some serious timing calculations on her part in order to pull this stunt. All of us girls know it, and we know just when the right time is. Don’t ever doubt it!

It just didn’t work for her. Oh well, she tried and she lost, except now she drug this kid into her backfired plan. Really sad, and she is to blame for sure. You can’t expect a man to stick around when you aren’t getting along as it was. Bad move.

10. Melissa

What’s so special about her again? She’s a single mother like a lot of women. They aren’t applauded or treated as the eternal victim. She didn’t go through any hardship or tragedy. She isn’t working two jobs to support her kid, on welfare, etc. Why is she always treated as a victim? Cause she’s Tom Brady’s baby mama who he didn’t marry? Boo Hoo. She isn’t living in the streets somewhere or struggling to pay her bills.

11. How long are you “Tommies” going to continue with the “she tried to trap him”? There is no evidence to support this whatsoever – it’s all in your mind and in your feeble attempts to somehow give Brady a pass on his lack of committment to his child. Your sad and pathetic attempts to attack Bridget Moynahan are beyond old – no one buys it. Now, move along. I’m sure there is a Tom Brady fan site somewhere you can post your drivel on.

12. Theresa

I think Bridget is a strong, beautiful woman. She is happy now and has a perfect little baby boy to love and love her in return. I love the photo’s for the magazine she took and I hope she finds someone to love her and be a wonderful father to her son.

As for those who are saying she tried to trap him…whatever it happens everywhere in the world…just not for all to see…and I personally think she didn’t…my opinion is she got pregnant and he flaked out…got himself a model and left her and his son…not a great father figure…so much better without him!

13. cm

You know, i really dont care if she tried to trap him and failed or if it was truly an accident and he decided she wasnt the one for him (no one should force themselves to be with someone they dont love). BUT what does bother me is that he started dating someone else while she was pregnant. I feel that when you and someone are going to have a child and not be together, there needs to be a time where you guys work through your issues and decide how to raise the child together. I think as a man you should have enough consideration for the woman carrying your child to say ok this situation needs my attention and even though im not going to be WITH her im going to be THERE for her and i just dont see how you can do that and still be dating and starting a new relationship. Pregnancy is 9 months.

And who are these women dating men with children on the way. A guy once tried to hit on me after i heard him telling someone he had a baby on the way. WTF. I look at Britany spears (who dated kevin while shar was pregnant), Claire Danes ( who dated Billy Crudup after he dumped Marie louise parker), and whoever else and just dont get it. I can better understand Heidi klum or woman who are left during pregnancy and start dating b/c no one really wants to go through it alone.

14. I love the Baby Bridget Moynahan

Truth is a beautiful Baby

Bridget accounts with God’s help to take forward John

15. Lala

None of you haters know anything about her situation. You don’t know that she trapped him, get over it. Her timing was a little suspicious but things like that happen all the time. She dosen’t come off as bitter or vindictive, she isn’t whiny or anything. I can’t imagine why any of you guys care so much, get a life.

16. Nicola

All you people who think that she must have been trying to trap him, which 100% effective birth control are you using? Accidents happen, my second child is a side effect of a birth control failure. Got pregnant on the pill, with a 13 month old already. So until you are a fly on her wall get over it, she got pregnant and he ran. Even if it was entrapment it really does not say much about him as a man.

17. Jenny

While you are entitled to your opinions, I don’t think it’s pro-active to speculate one way or the other as to whether Bridget ‘planned’ her pregnancy. Either way, I’m sure Bridget learned a lot from this experience and it sure sounds like she loves her little Jack.

18. devin

None of know anything about her and we have the right to express our opinion. I hate the tired excuse of hating because you don’t go along with Bridget’s pity party. The relationship was over and they both had moved on. If Tom can be trashed they Bridget deserves to be questioned about her actions. She is not the innocent in this situation. The child is. She’s just like the other opportunistic celeb women who use these children for fame and fortune. If it weren’t for the baby not many people would care or know who she was.

19. Kate

Not to mention, its an INTERVIEW. You know, where the reporter asks questions and the person being intereviewed answers them. The reason all of these celebrities have the SAME questions posted in upteen magazines is because they are being ASKED those questions. Then, the magazine prints what they want and leaves out what they dont.

I havnt seen many interviews where the reporter says, Go! and the celebrity spends an hour talking about the same crap shes been asked a zillion times.

20. Lana

I’m not sure she was trying to trap him, but I certainly don’t feel that bad for her either. There have been pictures of Tom and John. He is not a complete absentee father. He may just not be flaunting his child.

I feel like she uses John to be like “look at me, look at me, feel sorry for me.” If it wasn’t for this scandal, no one would know who she is right now. She never was very big. She is afraid of becoming an unknown.