Kate Beckinsale : “I Don’t Want More Kids”

Married to director Len Wiseman, she says about her family,

“We’re such a merry little bunch as we are. Maybe I will at some point but I feel I have everything I want. (…) Lily is the perfect child. She is really so much fun and into the same things as me.”

Source : Contact Music

Photo : Bauer Griffin, May 25

Filed under: Kate Beckinsale,Lily Mo Sheen

1. cm

ha, i wondered if she was going to have any more b/c of lily’s age and kates been married for a while.

2. Queen of the LaLa Land

Kate comes off a bit selfish…
    I’m sorry to say but “I will, I have, I want…she’s into the same things as ME.”
    And what’s up with the “I don’t feel like Lily needs a sibling”… I just can’t help but to wonder.

3. janine

maybe she should ask her daughter whether or not she would like a sibling, not dictating her daughters needs. it must be incredibly lonely being an only child,especially at such a young age. she seems to have the attitude that since she was happy as an only child, her daughter will be too.

4. Peta

As someone raised as an only child, I wanted a sibling for many years. Then I turned 12 and counted my blessings. Now, having seen the bickering and fighting my grandma puts up with her sisters, I’m really glad I won’t have that to deal with later.

The article didn’t mention if her husband also didn’t want additional children, so I don’t think it’s fair to brand Kate as selfish. Maybe she could have worded her statement better, and maybe Lily is happy without siblings.

5. Jen

I was raised an only child as well and always wanted siblings. I found the life to be extremely lonely but I always lived on farms out in the middle of nowhere lol My parents, both, worked, so once I was old enough, I was left alone all the time.
    Now I am a mother of four boys and would love to have another one. I finally have the big family that I always wanted.
    Lily might do the same… might.

6. Carmen G

Janine – ok, that was the most asinine thing I’ve read in a long time…since when should a child dictate to a parent about bringing another child into the world??

Sorry, but I have to say that an adult knows whats best in that situation, not a 9 year old.

7. Audrey

I cannot believe that there is a magical number that should dictate how many or few children a woman should have. My husband and I decided for ourselve, and no family especially children where allowed to help make the call. Afterall, it was our responsibility to rear them.