Brangelina Donates $1 Million To Children Of War

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s foundation has donated $1 million to children affected by the war in Iraq. The Jolie-Pitt Foundation has dedicated $500,000 for school supplies and education programs for refugee children in Iraq and $500,000 for American children who either lost a parent deployed in Iraq or have a parent serving in the war-torn country.

Angelina traveled to Iraq in February as a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Upon her return she said,

“My visit [to Iraq] left me even more deeply convinced that we not only have a moral obligation to help displaced Iraqi families, but also a serious, long-term, national security interest in ending this crisis.”

In 2006, Jolie, 33, and Pitt, 44, donated over $8 million for their foundation. During that year, the foundation gave $1 million gifts to Doctors Without Borders (International Division) and the Global AIDS Alliance.

Source: Us Magazine

Photo: INFdaily, May 15

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt

1. Devin

Perfectly timed for the opening of her new movie. I totally love Brangie.

2. Rinoa

Yes, you’ve made it clear in all of the Angie threads that you hate them. Even when they are doing something good, you only assume it’s because she has a movie out.

3. Nicole

Some people are just bitter. What can you do?

I’m glad that they didn’t forget the kids here who lost parents – I can’t imagine what that’s like.

4. Devin

Some people are just naive and have no respect for the freedom of speech when it’s about someone that they worship. Nicole, it’s nice to know that I can depend on you to show your bitterness toward me and project you self-righteous attitude. I have the right to express myself just like the rest of you. Every time they do something good it coincides with the opening of a movie. The facts are there, yes it helps the kids but it’s also to prove how generous they are. Anytime you make a donation you can ask to be anonymous so, this smacks of self-serving promotion. There is no bitterness, I just get sick of people shoving these two down my throats.

5. Nicole

Devin, it’s called SCROLLING and it was invented for a reason. No one forces you to sit at your computer and read the posts. I don’t understand people who whine about hating someone but read the posts about them anyway.

6. Pencils

They don’t always give money when there’s a movie coming out, but when they do, there’s a reason: publicity for the cause. People will have heard of the cause because of Brad and Angelina, and will give money to the cause because they have done so. Brad and Angelina shouldn’t give money anonymously, it means there willl be no other money generated by their gift. And even if they do it for the good press–so what? They gave a huge amount of money, they should be honored for it. And everyone does it, from celebrities to corporations. They’re going to be in the news anyway, I think it’s wonderful that they use that to promote good causes. Kudos to them.

7. Michelle

I like your attitude Pencils :)
    (and I agree wholeheartedly with you!)

8. Rinoa

Great post Pencils!!

9. Devin

Nicole, you make negative opinions about Jennifer Lopez quite frequently and I have never mentioned it. You post hateful remarks all of the time. Yet you you feel the right to tell someone to scroll past something. Grow up this is not a fan site. This is a gossip site and opinions rather complimentary or to the contrary have a right to be posted. So if you don’t want to read my posts just take your own advice and scroll past them. While your at it pull your head out of Angelina’s behind and get a little perspective. I will post whatever I feel like when I come to a head line about Brangie. LIke I said if you want to feel or hear nothing about love for Angie go to one of their fansites or JustJared.