Coco Loves Broccoli!

David Arquette recently talked about his 4-year-old daughter Coco and her love for good food,

“She’s a really good eater!” the proud father said on Wednesday at a Boys and Girls Club, where he was serving free meals to children living in poverty. “She’ll eat vegetables – she loves broccoli and shrimp and chicken. [And] she likes Honey Nut Cheerios.”

Because he and wife Courteney Cox Arquette both have busy schedules, mornings usually are reserved for him and Coco,

“I always typically cook breakfast, because we hang out in the morning a lot.”

And on the weekends, Arquette, 36, loves to BBQ for the family,

“My barbecue tends to be a little spicy,” he said, and, not unlike most children, “[Coco] doesn’t like spicy things.” But “my barbecue corn she does [like]!”

David went on to say how fatherhood has changed him,

“Being a father in general, your whole capacity for love just sort of is redefined,” David added after serving so many underprivileged children, “I look at these kids and I see my daughter in all of their faces.”

Source: People

Photo: Flynet, March, 24

Filed under: Coco Arquette,Courteney Cox Arquette,David Arquette

1. LISA SMITH

IT IS NICE TO SEE THAT COCO IS SPENDING TIME WITH DAD….
    THEY REALLY ARE CUTE TOGETHER… MAKING BREAKFAST FOR
    YOUR DAUGHTER IS A SPECIAL TREAT..SHE IS TURNING INTO QUITE THE LITTLE GIRL.. WOW HOW SHE HAS GROWN A LOT IN
    THE LAST VIEW MONTHS… IT IS NICE TO HEAR WHAT DAVID IS
    DOING ALL THE SHOWS ARE SHOWING COURTNEY OUT THERE
    WITH HER FRIENDS… THANKS CELEBRITY BABY SCOOP..

2. Sara

I can’t leave the name alone. Is she really named Coco, or is that short for something else?

Cuz “Coco” in portuguese means…erm….poop.

3. Cari

WHY DOES LISA SMITH INSIST ON TYPING ALL IN CAPS?? HIT THE DAMN CAPS LOCK BUTTON, WOULD YOU, HON?? IT IS ANNOYING TO READ!

4. Mia

Hei Sara, remenber that’s depends of the pronunciation.
    Because ‘Coco’ in portuguese also means coconut.

5. Rachel

Yes CoCo is her real name, and I have heard two things. Either it is an abbreviation for COurtney COx, or also that she was named after CoCo Chanel.

6. Nicole

My criteria for a name for a child – if you yell the name out in a park, will the people there think you’re looking for a child or a dog?

If the answer is a dog, you need to reconsider.

7. Bev

I think it is a cute name…Id never use it, but its cute. I have a cousin who is married to a woman named Coco, so I guess Im used to it.

8. ivy

i heard its coco because courtney wanted to name her after herself, but david thought it was bad luck, because of his religion maybe? so coco was courtney’s nickname and they used that instead.
    Cari- i agree…..maybe her keyboard is broken?

9. Sara

You’re right Mia, but poop is the first thing that comes to my head when I read her name. What can I say? I’m 7.

And after all, for it to be coconut it needs a ^ – a grammar accent we call circumflex.

10. lauran

but they’re not portuguese right?? im sure most people’s names mean something else in another language, we cant all check every language before we name our kids.

11. tess

I agree with you lauran.
    And Sara, “to be coconut it needs a ^” it’s right, but in portuguese poop write “cocó” not Coco it’s another grammar accent. and with the accent the pronunciation it’s totally different. So in Portuguese Coco doesn’t means coconut or poop.

12. Sara

Okay, okay. I give up! LOL.

I’ve always liked to nitpick on this name. But I totally agree with Nicole’s comment.

13. Flavia

Coco means coconut in portuguese
    To be poop needs a circumflex accent (cocô)

But Coco isn’t a beautiful name for an adult…

14. Duda

Tess, poop in portuguese isn’t cocó.

Flavia is right. Poop needs a circumflex accent, but coconut is coco. So, the name of the girl is coconut in portuguese

But I agree with lauran, we don’t need to think the mean of the name in other languages. I’m brazilian and there are many english names that means other things in portuguese like ella, uma or emma. And I’m sure that some portuguese names means other things in english.

I like the name Coco, it’s cute, but I think that isn’t a good name for a doctor or a teacher, it’s a child name.

15. tess

#Flavia and Duda- I’m portuguese and I’m right, in Portuguese from Portugal poop write cocó and I check in my dictionary to be sure. you right in one thing, coconut in portuguese is coco, it doesn’t need an accent.