Update: Camila Alves & Matthew McConaughey Welcome Son Levi

Update: OK! reveals they have named their son — Levi Alves McConaughey.

Matthew explained to OK! how they came up with the name,

“Levi was another name for the apostle Matthew in The Bible. They were, in fact, two names for the same person. Our son was born at 6:22 pm, and this particular time represents my favorite verse in the book of Matthew in The Bible: ‘If thy eye be single, thy whole body will be full of light.’” Baby Levi’s middle name is taken directly from his mother Camila’s last name. “We wanted to incorporate her family name.”

To their fans, they issued the following statement,

“We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin’.”

—Matthew David McConaughey and Camila Maria Saraiva de Araujo Alves

Camila Alves and Matthew McConaughey welcomed a son weighing 7 lbs 4 oz on Monday evening at 6:22 pm in Los Angeles, his rep Alan Nierob confirmed to PEOPLE.

One of their friends said the new parents are very happy.

That means Sunday Rose Kidman Urban and baby boy Alves-McConaughey share the same birthday!

Source: PEOPLE

Filed under: Camila Alves,Levi McConaughey,Matthew McConaughey

1. Jasmin

thank god finally! I thought she was going to explode or something. lol.

congratulations!

2. Carolina

I hope she & her family are doing well! Parabens a Camila, o Brasil te deseja tudo de bom!

3. Eva_baby

I’m sure he’ll be cute as a button. It is so funny, because Nicole Kidman seems like she was never even pregnant while Camila Alves seems like she’s been pregnant forever!

4. ivy

yeah thats true, i kept waiting for nicoles belly to get big.
    i love the name levi.

5. I like the name as well. Can’t wait to see who Levi looks like!!

6. Hannah

Aw Levi is a cute name! I was slightly worried there for a second that they might pick some weird name, knowing Matthew :-)
    Can’t wait to see him, i’m sure he’s gorgeous!

7. Duda

Owwwn….Levi is such a cute name!

Is a name with a mean and it’s just beautiful!
    Isn’t a weird name, like Sunday or Honor…and it’s biblical!
    And I love the idea of the middle name taken from his mother, just like Suri…

Here in Brazil is normal the son be named with both parent’s name, so I think that is cute.

8. Olivia

i love the name. it brings to me name Livia for a girl what i always like.