Introducing Maddie Briann Aldridge

Introducing Maddie Briann Aldridge

Sorry – scans removed.

A “different”-looking Jamie Lynn Spears (photoshopped much ?) introduces her 3-week-old daughter to the world in the new issue of OK! Weekly.

In the exclusive interview and photoshoot to the magazine, the new Mom tells OK! that being away from the shining lights of Hollywood is making it all easier to learn the ins and outs of first-time motherhood.

“Around here, everyone has the same focus,” Jamie Lynn tells OK!. “The focus is family, and that’s a good way to live.”

She also opens up to about taking parenting classes, her new life with Casey and Maddie and labor pains.

“They’d told me it would be an eight- to 12-hour labor, and I was ready to have the baby in three to four hours,” Jamie Lynn tells OK!. “I had a perfect pregnancy and a perfect delivery. I was very blessed.”

Jamie Lynn, who tells OK! that while her labor was induced, she gave birth naturally and without complications, says that Casey was the one person she wanted in the delivery room with her.

“Once I got in there, my doctor was just so calm and so good it was not bad at all,” she says. “I was just talking to Casey. And you know what’s so weird? I was asking him if he was okay. He was like, ‘Yeah.’ We were both so excited.”

She also reveals that for the moment, Maddie sleeps in a bassinet in the same room as Jamie Lynn and Casey.

“She is very good,” says Jamie Lynn. “She’ll feed every two or three hours. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, I’ll feed her and she goes right back to sleep. There’s no screaming and crying.”

The proud mama continues,

“We get up in the morning, and she gets her little bath. Then I get my bath. We have a routine, and I love routines. I’ve worked one out with her, and we’re happy going about our little life.”

Source : OK !

Filed under: Jamie Lynn Spears

1. tess

She’s cute. Congratulations to the parents. I don’t like Jamie’s hair colour.

2. iletta83

I don’t like the colour too. She looks SOOO old!

3. The first thing I thought was “that’s not JL, why is her hair grey”?

Maddie is a cutie!

4. Natalie

How much does Maddie look like her father! She is the spitting image of Casey…x

5. natsu

i think they wanted to make her look older. but with this hair she looks like a grandmother.

6. Nicole

Yeah way too much photoshop. The baby is cute, but it bothers me that she’s on the cover, like it’s glorifying a 16-year-old being pregnant.

7. Bluezy

I agree with you fully Nicole. It’s like they are saying….She can do it…why shouldn’t other 16/17 year olds. And yes, they made her look so much older in the picture. Reality is…she’s a KID!!

8. Shell

Wow…she makes it sound so easy and wonderful. I don’t know why ALL 17 year olds don’t just go ahead and get pregnant!

This is just so wrong!

9. Sophie

Cute baby! But yeah it does look like they have aged Jamie-Lynn with photoshop

10. Jenny

The first thing I saw was the grey hair! I agree, it seems like OK! is trying to send a subliminal message that Jamie is mature enough to handle Baby Maddie. Great that we are questioning / noticing this!

11. Meg

I agree about her hair. It looks…yikes. I further agree that I don’t like her being on the front page. A million teenage girls will see this all over the country and think, “Aw…how cute. And…she’s my age!” Bad message to send!

12. Tracy

I don’t think she should be talking about how easy labor/delivery were. She should be saying how much it hurt!! And how hard it is. I really hope in the full interview she talks about how hard it is to care for a baby. And actually, I think the baby ages are the easiest. It gets more challenging as they age!

13. Julie

Ladies, I agree with everything you said ! I really think they tried to make her look older and mature, and yes, I also think it sends a wrong message…

14. Jen

I absolutely agree that this is disgraceful and irresponsible of OK! to glorify teenage pregnancy in this manner. Absolutely disgusting. The truth is that Jamie Lynn can provide for this child’s needs because of her celebrity-sized bank account, but the millions of young girls who will see this could absolutely never support a family on their babysitting money or paychecks from McDonald’s. How dare this magazine try to make us believe this is normal teenage behavior. I’m outraged by this cover, I truly am.

15. Abby

Defiantly not liking the grayish hair. Maddie is very cute though.

I’m in complete agreement with everyone!! JL looks AWFUL! Maddie is cute and it was beyond wrong for OK to put her on a cover. Let’s just sit back and watch the teenage pregnancy rate increase dramatically. What an idiotic move on their part.

CONGRATS JAMIE LYNN AND CASEY HOPE YOU HAVE FUN WITH MADDIE

18. natsu

yeah they sent a wrong message… but ladies, if 17 years old girls think “oh that’s great! i want a baby too” they are STUPID.
    think something like that just because of jamie…no, no. clever girls wouldn’t think something like that.

19. Claudius

Thank you OK!, this shouldn’t encourage those fickle teenagers to want to get pregnant at all seeing as it is all wonderful and just magical. You know those 17 or so teenagers from the same school who got pregnant? forget the outrage. Why not ask Jamie Lynn to give tips on how to really do it “oh so wonderfully”. Ridiculous

20. Bluezy

Natsu….teenagers are “stupid” for the most part. And by “stupid” I mean….immature and unaware. When I was 17 I babysat a LOT and yet I had NO idea the responsibilities and hardship that comes with parenting. I was a “good girl”, got good grades, didn’t have sex till I was out of high school, didn’t sneak out, didn’t defy my parents…etc. but there was a not so small part of me that thought it would be SOOO much fun and so wonderful to have a baby. I knew a few girls who had babies and they were just so cute and looked so sweet and cuddly and I loved babysitting so I really thought it would be so great to have one of my own. Thank GOD I didn’t!!

21. Natalie

“Let’s just sit back and watch the teenage pregnancy rate increase dramatically” – Anon @ 5.49pm. Are you serious!? That’s not how it works. If a teen gets pregnant it was either a big mistake (which even adults do…A LOT) or she has nothing better to look forward to in life and so go’s out looking to get pregnant. It’s not seeing a silly little girl on a magazine cover that triggers the want, its the lack of education and ambition to be anything else. See, even adults are so smart sometimes!

22. Meg

I hate to say it y’all, but OK! was wrong and it will cause some girls to want to get pregnant! I teach high school, and hear every little conversation my kids have in class, in the halls, all over school. Not every kid, especially these days, with divorce on the rise, comes from a great family with great values and a strong upbringing. These girls tote these magazines all over school ooohing and aaahing over the pictures. This issue won’t be an exception. Especially being a young teacher (22) the kids think they can confide things in me they can’t in others. Some of you would be shocked by their casual attitude toward teenage pregnancy, and I know you would be appalled by how much it fascinates them.

My students were allowed to do a research paper on any topic of their choosing. In every class (I had 6) there were between 4-6 students (all girls) who wrote on teenage pregnancy. 3 of them were pregnant, and 2 were teenage mothers. They stood in front of the classroom reading their own statistics, totally oblivious to their truth!!!

Don’t kid yourselves. Magazines and celebrities probably have more influence on SOME kids than their parents do.

23. Meg

By the way, I’m not saying all teenagers are going to be influenced, or that all parents aren’t active in their kid’s lives. There are a lot of great, smart kids out there, and wonderful, attentive parents. Unfortunately, there are a lot of absent parents and naive teenagers too.

24. Nicole

Is there ANY picture in this entire shoot that wasn’t photoshopped to hell and back? It looks really BAD!

25. Jennie

I do agree with a lot of these comments on here, I think that the magazine needed to take a bit more responsibility for this article and not glorify teenage pregnancy. Jamie Lynn, will no doubt, be a very good mother, but she is not the typical teenage mother. She has millions and the means to raise a baby with ease. That is not the case for 99% of other teenage mothers, as Jen stated above. Most other teenage mothers will be trying to make a go of it on minimum wage. I’m very concerned that a lot of teenage girls that read this article will not understand the difference and will think that being a mother at such a young age will be as wonderful and easy as Jamie Lynn makes it out to be.
    I do have to comment that the pictures inside the article are much better of Jamie Lynn and she looks beautiful. ( That cover shot is hideous!) Maddie is also very beautiful.

26. Hannah

It seemed like ever since the news was announced that Jamie Lynn was expecting the media has been glorifying it. She’s been splashed all over magazine covers as if she’s just another pregnant celebrity. I’m shocked by how non-chalant people are towards this. OK! should have been more responsible, letting her talk about how “easy” everything has been? Are you kidding me? I was ready to cry from stress after I had my first child and I was almost 30, I couldn’t imagine having a child at 17. Don’t get me started on the photoshop job :-)

27. V

she should be dragged through the proverbial dirt, not plastered on a magazine cover. The headline should read “teen SLUT has baby out of wedlock” It started out right, when we found out she was expecting the media had nothing nice to say about her being a teen and having a baby. now that she’s had it we’ve forgotten that she’s done something that most of society frowns upon. AND, her 20 something sister can’t take care of her kids so what makes anyone think this kid can do it any better? they come from the same stock and have the same horrible, fame grubbing mother. i give it a year and we’ll be reading about the nasty split and custody battle.

28. Jade

You give it a year?? Pretty generous. Did they learn nothing from Solange Knowles.

29. emily

these comments are pretty rude.

30. Meg

her and casy aren’t even touching or warm towards eachother in the photo-they are selling all of this. it was much ‘cuter’ to sell two high schoo kids having a baby than a girl dumped by an older guy. all to make money on pictures of the baby.
    if you didn’t know who britney’s little sister was before-you know who she is now.
    another disfunctional child-great.
    having a baby is the new accessory in hollywood-not bags or clothes, now it’s the baby bump -before it was planned which means irresponsibility and that is not a characteristic a parent should have.
    the media will stoop to any level to sell-make money.
    britney and jamie lynn’s mom wants all of this to happen. loves this-what a pathetic woman.

“Let’s just sit back and watch the teenage pregnancy rate increase dramatically” – Anon @ 5.49pm. Are you serious!? Natalie – July 10, 2008 @ 12:13 pm
    I am COMPLETELY serious. Education is a wonderfully thing, but it’s not always applied in real life and yes, there will be those teens out there that realize that teenage pregnancy is being glorified because of who JL is and the money she has and will choose the right path and wait to have a baby, but there will also be that percentage that think, especially after reading about how wonderful and easy it was, why not go out and have one of my own. My brother and his now wife had a baby when they were both 17, they were both educated and they also struggled for years. Education didn’t stop them from conceiving a child. And teenagers are influenced quite a bit by what famous people do, just look at how they dress and talk. Education carries so much weight and peer pressure and influence carry the balance.

32. Lioness

I think I’m the only one who will disagree with you all- I don’t think OK! was wrong to show these pics. JL is a celeb, and there are ppl who care about what her baby looks like. She’s 17, not 12- and wealthy enough to take care of 15 babies.

Now, that doesn’t mean that I think a 17-yr-old is old and mature enough to get pregnant- I would NEVER tell a teen that they should try it out, of course- but the fact is, it happened. And JL is wealthy and employed. And surrounded by help. She’ll be fine. I am not one of those who think that if a teenager gets pregnant, she should be tucked away and hidden in shame from the world- I don’t think that confronts the reality of teen pregnancy. Yeah, JL probably should’ve waited to get pregnant, I’m sure even she will tell you that- but worse things have happened in the world. Sure, there’ll be a fragment of teens who will look at her and say, “I want my own”- but trust me, they were already thinking of it before JL ever graced the cover of OK! I went to a high school with one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the state, and I happen to agree with Natalie, education and self-esteem has a lot to do with it. And sometimes it’s sheer teenage stupidity- one of my best friends was an honors student, and she got pregnant at 17, too. All because she “didn’t feel like” using a condom. She knew the consequences, and took the chance anyway, because she’s just hardheaded. No celeb teen mothers needed. So I’m okay with the cover (well, I think the baby covers are grotesque in general, but I don’t think JL’s is more grotesque than any other). JL shouldn’t’ve gotten pregnant, but she did. That’s the reality. And it IS doable. Just not advisable. Again, I am NOT a teen pregnancy advocate. Just a realist.

33. Lioness

But I DEF agree with you guys on the hair… OK! should be ashamed of themselves for trying to make that girl look so old, lol…

34. frank

I’ve been looking at a lot of the websites and comments regarding this cover and birth, and I just wonder why it is that so many people hate life.