Lynne Spears Talks About Jamie Lynn & Maddie

Lynne Spears recently sat down with OK! magazine to discuss the birth of her third grandchild, Maddie Briann. Lynne credits Jamie Lynn for being very mature and responsible, regardless of the fact that she’s only 17 years-old.

On how Jamie Lynn has handled the pregnancy: “She’s been totally responsible. She is an old soul and very wise at such a young age.”

On her biggest concerns for Jamie Lynn as she approached her due date: “We have a history of difficult labors, and I didn’t want her to be terrified and never want to have another baby because mine were traumatic. I really worried about that, but my goodness, she just flew right on through it.”

On the first moment she saw Jamie Lynn, Maddie and Casey together: “Oh, my god. That is one of your most precious moments ever. Just that sight. It is indescribable.”

On what her grandchildren call her: “I started out being Nonnie, but it turned into Me-Ma.”

On what kind of mom Jamie Lynn is going to be: “A very good mom. She’s warm and nurturing. And the most fun time will be when she’s the soccer mom, the carpool mom. That was the most fun I had as a mother.”

On her plans to babysite Baby Maddie: “It’s too soon for that yet with an itty-bitty baby, but I’ll go over as often as she wants and help with the dishes or the laundry. I’m always ready for my phone call.”

Source: OK!

Photo: OK!

Filed under: Jamie Lynn Spears,Maddie Aldridge

1. Hannah

(eye roll)

2. Pencils

And old soul and very wise–other than the getting pregnant at 16 part.

3. Nicole

I can practically see her gritting her teeth while she gave this interview. Whatever happened to being honest? I would have respected both her and her mother so much more if they hadn’t glossed over everything as wonderful and perfect.

4. juicy

^ gee really? lol.. never would have guessed

5. Kris

Well what was she supposed to say? She’s a tramp? It’s her daughter and she’s trying to support her. I’m sure she has doubts and was quite embaressed when this all went down.

6. Pencils

She could have just said how well Jaime did during the birth, that she was calm or brave or whatever. “Wise” was an unfortunate choice of words.