Update: The Jolie-Pitt Twins Are Born – Knox Leon & Vivienne Marcheline

What we’ve been reporting since yesterday – the birth of the Jolie-Pitt twins and their names – PEOPLE has confirmed. Jolie, 33, gave birth to a boy, Knox Leon, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline, via Cesarean section on Saturday night July 12th at the Fondation Lenval hospital in Nice, France. Knox weighed 5.03 lbs, and Vivienne 5 lbs. Dr. Michael Sussmann told PEOPLE,

“The babies are doing well. The operation went just perfectly. Angelina is in very good spirits. Brad Pitt was at her side. He was there and all was well.”

The twins join siblings Maddox, 6, Pax, 4, Zahara, 3, and Shiloh, 2.

“The mother and father are very, very happy.”

Read our original post after the jump!

Update: French newspaper Nice Matin reveals that Angie has indeed given birth to her twins, named Leon and Vivienne Marcheline, and that the first family picture was sold to a US paper for $11 million (and will be given to a humanitarian cause). They quoted her ob/gyn, Michel Sussmann.

Update: Well, despite the denial below to Usmagazine – it seems Angelina may have indeed had her twins – a boy and a girl! Knox Leon & Vivienne Marcheline

Her lawyers already snapped up the domain names knoxleonjoliepitt.com & viviennemarchelinejoliepitt.com – check out the screenshots at popbytes.com!

Update: A hospital rep told Usmagazine.com on Saturday that reports of the twins being born are false,

“It’s not true. The story is not true.”

A rep for the couple says when Jolie gives birth, the news will be posted on the hospital’s official site. According to Extra, the twins will be delivered this Tuesday, July 15.

In Touch reports that sources at the La Fondation Lenval hospital in Nice have revealed exclusively to the magazine that Angelina Jolie has given birth to her twins. According to insiders, the 33-year-old had a caesarean today at 6pm French time and delivered two girls. The first baby was born at 6.45 pm and the other at 7pm. The babies are in good health, another insider says. Sources say Brad Pitt was present during the birth. The hospital’s spokesperson, Nadine Bauer, said that journalists would not be notified ”within minutes” after the birth and that the only way they would be told was by a press release posted on the hospital Web site.

As for UsMagazine, a hospital source told them via phone Saturday: “Yes, but that’s all you need to know.”

Source : In Touch

Thanks Christina!

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Births,Brad Pitt,Knox Jolie-Pitt,Vivienne Jolie-Pitt

1. Sophie

Congrats to the Jolie-Pitts! I can’t wait to see pics and hear their names.

2. Jenny

Thanks for the good goss, Julie! Can’t wait to hear confirmation!

3. Nicole

This one is false too –

TV’s Extra has confirmed that Angelina did NOT given birth to her twins yet.

In an emailed statement regarding the reports, spokesperson for the Lenval Hospital in Nice, France, Nadine Bauer, says, “It is wrong information.”

Bauer also said that all information regarding Jolie would be posted on Lenval’s official website.

Besides, 15 mins between babies in a C-Section birth is way, way too long.

4. Beth

The twins, Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline, were born shortly before 8pm. Knox Leon was reported to weigh 2.27kg (five pounds) and Vivienne Marcheline 2.28kg (5.02 pounds). The babies’ first photograph was sold to a US paper for $US11 million ($A11.4 million), Nice-Matin said, adding that the money would be given to a humanitarian cause.

5. Nicole

^^ That one is a rumor too, but instead that says that they are fraternal twins – a boy, Knox Leon, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline.

6. Christina

^^All of these are rumors she is suppose to give birth on Tuesday. But if she already has given birth.
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Lily

Nicole–that’s exactly what I was thinking. 15 Minutes between babies, were they waiting for a commercial break to grab the other one out of there? Dumb.

8. Julie

If it’s true, I hate the names !

9. fee

I love the first three kids names (Maddox, Zahara & Shiloh)……but Im no too keen on Pax, Knox & Vivienne…..but each to their own. Hope alls well and everyone is happy & healthy. I cant wait to see if the twins look like Shiloh….

10. Congrats! I have to say I like the names – can’t wait to see them!

11. Bev

I like Vivienne, but not Knox so much. Its soooo similar to Pax!

12. Amy

If it’s true, than that is great! I like the girl’s name, but not the name Knox, it reminds me of gelatin! Anyway, I guess I am old fashioned, but I hope they do get married one of these days….

13. Jenny

I was really hoping one of them would be a boy – glad those rumors were false. Can’t wait to see them!

14. Nicole

The doctor had to have permission from Brad and Angelina to say anything, so they probably game him the OK.

I’m not too keen on the name Vivienne, but Knox, Leon and Marcheline are all family names!

Congrats to the Jolie-Pitts!

15. Joyce

another X in the boy names, but I’m not a fan of these names, if I think about the name Knox I think about that friend of Hulk Hogen and I find the name Viviënne a name for a rich spoiled child, because in the Netherlands, that’s how most rich parents named there daugters, it’s very populair over here

16. Tracy

I think Knox is ok, Leon, no, and Vivienne not so much. But most people don’t like my son’s name, so it doesn’t really matter what we think. As long as they like them, good.

17. LADY

IM SOOOOOOO OVER THE MOON WITH THIS NEWS, I DO THINK ITS TRUE, I´VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG TO HEAR THAT TTHEY WERE BORN, I MEAN SINCE I FOUND OUT THAT SHE WAS PREGGERS. GOD BLESS ANGIE AN HER BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!

18. Sophie

I love the names! I think they are really classy and I love the x trend for the boys’ names. I CANNOT wait to see photos :)

19. Rosy J

I am thrilled that they had a boy and a girl. How nice. The names have significance for them and that is all that matters.

20. Meg

Love the names!

I’m not sure how Pax and Knox sound together, though!

I like Knox. Maybe I’m a dork, but I immediately thought of the movie “The Dead Poet’s Society.” One of the characters was called Knox, but it was his last name. I think it’s a pretty cool name for a boy.

In my opinion, I don’t really see how all the kids names go together…but I guess they don’t have to! Just my old fashioned idea!

21. anonymous

What a stupid name for the little boy…he’ll be kidded big time with a name like Knox Leon…where did she get the name…from a box a Knox gelatin.Can’t stand these two phonies, don’t know why people idolize them so much.

22. G

Congrats to them! I like the name Vivienne, it’s common name in France. Knox is paternal Pitt’s grandfather’s name and Leon is Angelinas grandfathers name. And we all know where the Marcheline came.