Katie & Suri Do Broadway

Katie & Suri Do Broadway

Katie Holmes takes 2-year-old daughter, Suri, to see Disney’s Broadway play The Little Mermaid on Wednesday. Katie’s been causing quite the stir lately with her shorter ‘doo and 80′s-inspired rolled jeans. Not to mention, many critics have been discussing Suri’s continued bottle use. Thoughts?

Photos: Bauer-Griffin

Filed under: Katie Holmes,Suri Cruise

1. Laura

Get that bottle away from her, before it’s too late.
    She must have some kind of insecurity issues to be so attached to the bottle.

2. linpin

I completely agree, Laura!!!! That is really just too much! And, I really cannot remember the last time I saw a picture of Suri smiling. So Sad!

3. Claudius

Will someone please teach that kid how to smile again. She hasn’t smiled since February, I think. Smile, Suri, Smile. Your parents keep telling us you are just amazing and magical but……..

4. Pencils

Suri has such gorgeous gray eyes. She’s going to be a stunner when she gets older.

I wonder if the bottle is some weird Scientology thing. Leah Remini is a Scientologist too, and look at all the recent uproar about her child still using a bottle at an advanced age.

Katie change this child bottle, it’s always the same she is using.

6. Sarah

How many actually have a child that are saying that she should take the bottle away?
    Honestly, I am pretty sure she won’t be taking the bottle to kindergarten with her, so what’s the big deal? I say let her have the bottle, as long as it is not interfering with her eating real food.

Now don’t get me wrong, I think Katie is ridiculous, and those pants need to go, but understand she is just a little girl!

I’ve said this before on this site but I had a bottle until I was 5 years old. I gave it up when I went to Kindergarten. Once I was a toddler, I only had it at storytime and before bed (yes, my teeth were brushed afterwards). So I’m not going to judge this situation. I’m 24 now and as far as I can see, there are no long-term effects of having a bottle for so long. ;)

8. christie

the only reason leah remini wouldn’t change her daughter’s bottle habits is that she couldn’t stand her crying over it!! she was a sucker and the child was in charge instead of the parents!!! it was nothing to do with scientology!!

9. fee

Get rid of that bottle already! I agree that this beautiful little girl rarely smiles but it would be hard to smile with a giant bottle shoved in your mouth and hundreds of paparazzi yelling and in your face…

10. Rinoa

Why does the bottle bother everyone so much? I say get over it, she’s not your child. If you have children, then you can parent them how you want. Having a bottle this long isn’t the “norm” but I don’t see the harm in it.

11. Peta

*shrugs* I suppose different children develop at different rates. I know I was on to my sippy cup stage long before 2, but I guess Suri’s different.

12. Janie

Katie looks like a robot. She looks so lost and sad. She has been brainwashed by Scientology. Poor thing!

Suri never smiles anymore and she is never around any other children. They are lost souls!

She used to be all smiles and happy, even with Tom and before Suri. Now it is just pretentious glares and better-than-thou smirks. Does it have something to do with Posh or Tom? Amazing how conditioning changes one person so much in so little time…

14. Kate

lol, you guys are ridiculous. You judge someone based on the 50 million pictures you see on the celeb blogs. WHY would a kid be smiling when at 2 years old all she shees when she leaves the house is a bunch of yelling, screaming, obnoxious people with cameras in her face.

The same goes for Katie. What makes you think its her OBLIGATION to smile at the paps who are hounding her every step to get pictures to sell? I like looking at celeb picutres just as much as the rest of you, but im not so self centered to admonish someone for not smiling for a bunch of money hungry sharks.

Put in this situation, very few of you would be smiling for the cameras every time they popped, which for me, its constantly.

15. Kate

ugh i meant, which for them, not me lol

16. Rachel

Katie is that really you? LOL!

17. Lindsey

I wouldn’t be too worried about the bottle right now, especially after watching an episode of Taboo on the National Geographic Channel. it showed some mothers who were still breastfeeding their children at Suri’s age. One mother in Australia was still breastfeeding her five-year-old son! Kinda creepy.