Lynne Spears Promotes Her New Book: “Was I The Perfect Mom? No”

Lynne Spears, the 53-year-old mother of Bryan, Britney & Jamie Lynn, is currently promoting her new memoir, Through the Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World. Lynne details the highs and lows of her family’s journey from Kentwood, La., to the worldwide spotlight,

“Every mother makes mistakes,” she writes, “and I’m no different.”

Lynne said although she’s made some mistakes, she would still encourage her daughters to pursue stardom,

“I think you have to let them follow their dreams,” she recently said. “I think it would be worse in the end if you didn’t.”

However, she said she did not listening to her “gut” at times,

“Was I the perfect mom? No. I wanted the truth out in my own words for myself and my family.” Lynne added that the book chronicles Britney’s highly publicized troubles and Jamie Lynn’s pregnancy at 16. Lynne said the latter, “was probably the hardest time in my life.”

So what do her kids, Britney, 26, Jamie Lynn, 17, and Bryan, 31, think of the book? She said Bryan and Britney have not yet read the book, but her youngest loved it,

“Jamie Lynn loved the book. I started to cry because I told her, ‘I wanted so much for you to like it.’ And she got up and kissed me on the cheek and said, ‘Mama, thank you so much.’”

Lynne said that her once-troubled relationship with Britney “has undergone tremendous healing,” and added “We are back to four or five phone calls a day.”

Lynne said she is a doting “Me Maw” to her grandsons Preston, 3, and Jayden, 2, and granddaughter Maddie Briann, 2 months. Lynne added that Britney’s boys are doing well,

“They are the cutest! The biggest personalities you’ve ever seen. Preston is the older brother and he’s protective, but Jayden is tough as nails.”

Source: People

Photo: People

Filed under: Lynne Spears

1. dea

Well, why do you still air your dirty laundry in public then woman? what she needs is to reconnect with her daughters instead of profiting from them!!

2. Nicole

I don’t think it was appropriate to write a book when her daughter is just now recovering – at least wait until your kid is better before you try to make more money off of them!!

3. Isbell

I agree with the comments above.

… If she was my mom I would break the contakt with her right there! Who the h*ll sell out their own kids like that ?! All that evil woman thinks about is money.

( sorry for beeing a bit agressive here =P )

4. kndr422

Why does she write Jamie Lynn, Bryan, and then Britney Spears? Shouldn’t it go in order of when they were born? I think that was ridiculous. I feel like since Jamie Lynn is still the baby she was put first before the other siblings which was not right but whatever. Plus, she really shouldn’t be writing about her children to make money. Didn’t she use to be Britney’s manager or something and isn’t anymore?

5. Scuba Steve

Ha! You have to see this. Lynne talks about how she didn’t follow her initial gut instinct when it comes to raising her kids….which is weird, because watching your daughter wear a slutty school girl outfit on MTV seems to be good parenting skills.

She also talks about she is glad where they are right now, and hopes that britney and jamie lynne find fullness of their purpose.

Thanks,
    Scuba Steve

6. Helena

If my mother wrote a book on all of me and my brother mistake i would take it as an offence. Personaly i learned from my mother and grandmothers mistakes and don’t need to tell the whole world about it. I just try not to turn out like they did and be a good mother and wife.