Melissa Joan Hart Regrets Not Having An Epidural

Actress and mom, Melissa Joan Hart, somewhat regrets not going with an epidural during the birth of her second son Braydon,

I told my mom and my husband, don’t let me have [the drugs],” she told Usmagazine.com at the Celebration of Babies to benefit March of Dimes in L.A. Saturday. “I kinda regret that one,” she revealed. “But the thing is, the healing was so much faster,” the 32-year-old explained. “I didn’t have to get the drugs out of my system and was moving around a lot more.”

All in all, Melissa says that having a natural birth has motivated her,

“I labored at home for 9 hours and then went to the hospital for an hour and a half – two pushes and he was out. When you’re feeling all that, you want to get that out as soon as possible, so you really work. You’re like, ‘I’m gonna push really hard but I’m only doing it once.’”

In addition to 6-month-old Braydon, Melissa and husband Mark Wilkerson are parents to 2 1/2-year-old Mason.

Source: Us Magazine

Photo: Pacific Coast News, June 16

Filed under: Melissa Joan Hart

1. NATALIA

I’m so tried of seeing her and her kids.

2. Lora

Quit looking at celebrity baby sites then. This is one of the best sites to see celebrity babies. If you don’t like it, don’t look at it. Simple as that, Natalia

3. gia

if it all went so well & so fast & its what she wanted why would she regret it now when its all said & done?? that is the dumbest quote!

4. Rachel

I think I understand where Melissa is coming from. My labors and deliveries were very similar and I too used no drugs. But I have also felt sometimes, that although the L&Ds went quickly and I recovered quickly, I wished that I had gotten an epidural so that I could have went through all the same experiences, but with no pain. It’s one of those things…you’re happy to have done it without the drugs for the sake of avoiding possible side effects, but at the same time, the pain is so enormous, you wish you could have avoided it. Hard to explain, but I get where she’s coming from. It’s kind of one of those “love, hate” things.

5. Rachel

I forgot to add…

I’m not quite sure what Natalie is talking about as there are many celebrities that are on here much more frequently then Melissa Joan Hart…like Gwen Stefani, Marcia Cross and her twins, Naomi Watts, etc.

6. Katrina

I can understand it. I went in saying no to the epidural, but 16 hours of severe back labor later, I fially gave in to the epidural, and Im glad I did. Although the epidural meds wore off within an hour and putting more in didnt help, it gave me a short rest and the motivation to get that baby OUT