Suri Cruise Laughs With Mom

Suri Cruise Laughs With Mom

While out and about in the East Village today, 2 1/2-year-old Suri Cruise and mom Katie Holmes shared a smile as they held hands and walked down the street. When they got close to paparazzi, however, it was too much for Suri again.

Photos: Bauer-Griffin

Filed under: Suri Cruise

1. Kristina

I am really starting to feel sorry for Suri! She seems so shy but this picture of her smiling with her Mom then hiding furiously speaks a thousand words. I love seeing pictures of her, but the Paps should give them space so she not so scared!

2. belinda

awww… she’s so cute. love her!

3. Abby

What a cute picture!

4. She’s so cute. I feel sorry for her, it’s obvious the paperazzi upset her.

5. Rachel

Perhaps Suri is leaping into her mother’s arms because Katie has a warm cozy blanket she can get warm in? :)

6. Alisa

Poor Suri. It makes me sad that the Paparazzi continually upset her and have no quams about it. Its one thing to upset a grown adult, but quite another to disturb a toddler.

7. Isbell

I think these pictures are great Suri looks very confident and happy, And I like the fact that Kati is making Suri more social. But yeah maybe she got scared because one fan yelled at them or somthing because obvioulsy she wasn’t botherd by the paparazzi from the beginning.

8. Julita

its the first time i see Suri smiling, i think she doesnt cope very good with the celebrity life she’s in

9. Clare

Such a beautiful little girl. That smile is melting. Much as I understand her hate for paps, I just love seeing pictures of her. Especially when she is smiling like this.

10. Lori

I agree with Julita, I also think that the “celebrity life” for Suri is hard for her to cope with. I think she is a gentle soul and all the commotion and people crushing around them is overwhelming to her. Not that my opinion matters in their life, but I don’t think I could subject my child to that considering the effect it has on her. She seems very bothered by it. If I were in Katie’s shoes, I would not expose my child to the hounds. But yet I know it’s hard, because they can’t hole up in some hotel room all day, but I wish they a.) could be left alone more to do things or b.) have some sort of clandestine way of enjoying their time in New York. Wishful thinking, right?? I enjoy seeing phots of Suri as much as the next person, but I do think the hounds should be more respectful and lay off and that her parent’s could/should limit her exposure somewhat.