Trista & Ryan Sutter Expecting Second Child

Trista & Ryan Sutter Expecting Second Child

Bachelorette Trista Sutter and hubby Ryan announced their second pregnancy exclusively to Life & Style! The couple are already parents to son Max, 14 months. Trista is three months along. The couple shared some of their hopes and fears with the magazine.

L&S: How soon after Max’s July 2007 birth did you start trying again?

Trista: I was only on birth control for a couple of months. We thought that if it took us as long as it did with Max — two years — why try to prevent it? So we started trying in January.

L&S: Were you surprised you were able to get pregnant so quickly?

Trista: I was in total shock! I took a few tests, and they all came back negative. But a few weeks after Max’s 1st birthday, all of a sudden I thought to myself, I don’t think I’ve had my period in a while. So I took another test — the line was extremely faint, but it was there!

Click below to read the rest of the interview!

L&S: Did you tell Ryan right away?

Trista: He was there. I had just taken the test when Ryan came up the stairs. I showed it to him and said, “I think I’m pregnant.” His first words were, “Holy crap!” It was positive shock, one of the best kinds you can have in your life.

L&S: After Max’s birth, you said you’d love to have a little girl. If you don’t have one this time, will you and Ryan keep trying?

Trista: I did say that — I’m such a girlie girl. But I’ve become really neutral about it all. I just want a really happy and healthy baby. I know that sounds cliché, but it’s the God’s honest truth. I would love to have a little girl, but I also love having a boy. Ryan has a brother, and they’re about the same age difference as Max will be with his new sibling. So it would be fun to have two boys, too.

L&S: So if you have another boy, will this baby be the last?

Trista: If we don’t have a girl, I’ve thought about the possibility of adopting. It came up in conversation because I’m leaning toward having my tubes tied! I think I’ll be happy with two kids. But then again, I was perfectly happy with just having Max. If we hadn’t been able to get pregnant again, I was 100 percent happy with my life. This new baby will just add a little bit more life and spirit and happiness and fun!

Source: Life&Style Magazine

Filed under: Expecting,Ryan Sutter,Trista Sutter

1. Janie

I just don’t understand why this family is on the cover of magazine’s. I know she WAS the Bachelorette but she is NOT famous for anything else! Seems like she is ALWAYS seeking publicity!

2. Moore

janie, thank you! Its like she’s always wanting attention and she doesn’t even do anything. Yeah she was on like 5 reality shows, so what? She’s doesn’t need to be on a magazine every time something happens in her life. Nobody does. I’m pretty sure this wont be the last one either.

3. Talking about pimping out your kids – she can’t even get on a cover of one of the tabs without using Max. I’m glad that she’s not having anymore fertility problems, but come on.

4. Dea

This is my favourite question: Why is she relevant again? never watched bachelorette and never will but seriously, her 15 minutes is up.

5. Theresa

she frankly drives me crazy…I would be so happy to never see her on another cover…pimping her new kid out when it is born…so that isn’t likely to happen…I hope she has a risk free healthy pregnancy…delivery and perfect child…but so sick of hearing about her normal life and what thousands of woman go through without cover stories…ugh!

6. KEKE

THA ONLY THING SHE HAS GOING 4 HER IS HER ATTRACTIVENESS & ONCE DAT GOES AWAY SHE CAN SEE BYE BYE 2 FAME & HER 15 MINUTES WILL BE UP & HER 15 MINS OF FAME SHOULD BE OVER BY NOW BECUZ HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE SHE WAS ON DA BACHOLOR Z& BACHOLORETTE? A LONG TIME I BELIEVE & SHE DOESN’T DO NOTHING DA ONLY THING SHE IS FAMOUS 4 IS MARRYIN DAT FIREFIGHTER RYAN SUTTER!!!

i CANT beleive she’s having another baby after surviging HELP syndrome………. a lot of women die from this!!!!!!!!!!!! she’s crazy, she should have just adopted her second.

8. Anon #2

I had HELLP with my 1st child, had him at 31 weeks & he is a healthy, active, on target 10 year old. I had my daughter after surviving HELLP and she was full term, no HELLP with her.

It normally occurs in the first pregnancy and if you’ve had it and you are followed by a perinatologist during subsequent pregnancies, you and the baby can be just fine. There’s no need to “just adopt” a subsequent child.

Research goes a long way and I’m sure any mother who experiences HELLP has done more than her fair share of research. I know I did.