Update: Ashlee & Pete Welcome Bronx Mowgli

Update: Ashlee & Pete Welcome Bronx Mowgli

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz has given birth to her and husband Pete Wentz’s first child! Son Bronx Mowgli Wentz was born November 20th, weighing 7 lbs, 11 oz. Their spokesperson released a statement,

“Ashlee, Pete and baby Bronx are all healthy and happy, and thank everyone for their well wishes!”

Click below to read the original post.

In Touch magazine says that Ashlee Simpson, who is nine months pregnant with her first child with husband Pete Wentz, has gone into labor and has checked into the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

“Yes, she is in labor,” confirms a family insider. Husband Pete Wentz “and the family are really excited and are waiting to meet the baby.”

We will keep you updated!

Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com, 10/05

Filed under: Ashlee Simpson,Births,Bronx Wentz,Pete Wentz

1. Ugh, I hate that name, I really do. I wonder which one of them thought it was a good idea to name their kid after a character from The Jungle Book?

2. abigail

totally with you there!

3. r

Oh Ashlee Im so happy for you!! My husband and I are expecting our son anyday now and I feel the anxiety rising. This may sound corny but I feel that we’ve been pregnant together (ha). All the best.

4. Sara

WHAT THE HELL?

Quick baby, get back inside!

5. suz

I like it better than Apple, Sonny or Pilot Inspektor. Maybe they will shorten it to Bron. I bet he is really cute :)

6. Anna

Congratulations! But, ugh, what a name! It’s not even funny. It’s just gross. And yes, I mean gross. Poor little guy! I’m sure they’re loving parents and he’s a cutie but the name! It will haunt me in my dreams, seriously. But hey, it’s not my baby so why bother? Congratulation again and best of luck to little Bronx Mowgli Wentz…

7. Mowgli could be cute as a nickname or hardly used middle name. But Bronx? And Bronx Mowgli Wentz doesn’t go together at all.

8. Jen

Why is everyone harassing them about their name choice? What business is it of yours to judge the name of someones child? People wonder why some celebrities don’t release the names of their child! One day these children will be adults and it will be them looking back at those who judged and laugh.

9. Jen

Bronx. Wentz. It’s almost like they never actually said the names out loud to hear what they sound like together. Sounds like a stage name for a wrestler. Maybe they’ll call him BM? Oh wait, that’s no good, either. Wow, this kid better be cool and attractive or the kids will be calling him Monkey Boy or Bowel Movement. Way to go, A & P.

10. Becca

Really – It’s the worst name I’ve ever heard. They are really trying way too hard to be different. Yes, I know it’s their choice, but come on, Bronx Mowgli?????

11. Dea

They must be fans of Kipling or love going to the zoo :-)

12. Tiffany

Yeah for little BMW…………….Bronx is no better than Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale……….unique to say the least. Congrats!!

13. Anna

Common Jen! Nobody is harassing them! I bet they’ll never reed these comments, and even if they do, they’ll not give a damn! Yes, it’s their choice and I think everyone realize the fact! What people do is just expressing their opinion and they happen to disagree with their choice of a name. That’s what are these sites for. Gossip sites, you see?
    There are people who like the name, there are people who dislike the name. The most important thing is that the parents apparently like the name and it’s their baby and they’ll give him all the confidence to live with it. Maybe he himself will not give a damn. Common, it’s not a big deal ;)

14. Pika

Bronx and Knox went on a playdate…….they stopped for an Apple and
    Zuma’d over to Kingston in their suri.

15. Natalie

Lmao @ Pika x

i thought pete said they wanted to give their baby an name that would fit either a rock star or a president. what president will be named Bronx?

17. Aribella

Is their next kid going to be Ballou? Or maybe Shere Khan?

18. lauran

i like the name, but it doesnt go with their last name

19. Aribella: Shere Kahn sounds kinda cool! haha just kidding :)

20. oy. that’s bad. i agree though, not as bad as pilot inspektor. but gosh, i keep thinking it’s a joke and they will actually name him something else and just feed this to the public as a prank. I mean really!

21. nikki

i like the name they have chosen and i think they are raising him right behind the publics eye UNLIKE katie and tom and placing suri 24/7 in the spotlight geeez