Update: Britney Spears Covers Rolling Stone

Britney Spears is on the cover of the December issue of Rolling Stone magazine, out this Friday, and she talked about picking up the pieces after her breakdown, what her life now is like, and about sons Sean Preston, 3, and Jayden James, 2.

On Sean Preston and Jayden who are in preschool now: “Every time they come to visit me, I think about how they’re such special people,” says Spears, who currently sees the boys three days a week, with one overnight stay. “Like, they’re going to preschool now! I went there to pick them up on Friday, and seeing them in their little classroom and seeing Jayden being bad or not listening? It’s like, those are mine, and it’s just crazy, you know what I mean? And the things that are coming out of their mouths right now — they’re learning so much, and it’s new, and you never know what they’re going to say, and they’re so smart yet so innocent. They’re obsessed with monsters, and every night we look outside, and we have to show them that there’s no monsters out there. It’s dark outside, but there’s nothin’ out there, you know?”

Click below to read the rest!

On her life not turning out “like she imagined”:“I didn’t think my husband was gonna leave me. Otherwise, I’d be with my babies 24/7. But since they’re almost like twins, they both take care of each other. I think they look like me,” she says, going from affectionate to bitter as she gets distracted by thoughts of Federline, whom she sees only when one of them is picking up the boys. “They don’t look like their father at all,” she continues. “And it’s weird ’cause they’re starting to learn words like ‘stupid,’ and Preston says the f-word now sometimes. He doesn’t get it from us. He must get it from his daddy. I say it, but not around my kids.”

On feeling like an ‘old person’: “I feel like an old person now. I do! I go to bed at, like, 9:30 every night, and I don’t go out or anything.”

On dating with restrictions, like the dates are supervised by her assistant, Brett, and manager Larry Rudolph’s colleague, Adam Leber: “Right when we got there, we just knew it was just bad. He looked like an older version of Harry Potter, but skinnier. … So I had to get dessert first. And the other date I had, the guy was really, really tall and a lot older. … We’re trying to ask him questions, like, ‘OK, you’re into martial arts, so what kind of martial arts are you into?’ And he was like, ‘Oh, all kinds.’ … But you know how silly we are, so we were just cracking up.”

Britney’s new album, Circus, hits stores December 2nd – her 27th birthday.

Filed under: Britney Spears

1. Becca

She looks amazing!

2. e

yes! Love britney.. so happy she is healthy/happy now.. hope she keeps it up!

3. raven

She does look great. I do have to admit though, I think it’s petty of her to take cheap shots of KFed when she gets the chance (especially in print), considering he was the biggest source of stability her children have had for the past year.

4. I don’t think she sounds happy/healthy at all. She sounds bitter about Kevin, taking cheap shots at him. And she doesn’t seem to take any responsibily for what happened.

To be honest the interview makes her come across as dumb.

5. She looks amazing in that pic. The interview itself is very weird…almost detached. And I feel bad for Kevin – he’s basically the only reason she can even see Sean and Jayden as much as she does. He could have completely destroyed her in the press, and yet he kept his mouth shut, and then she takes shots at him. Low. I hope she grows up a little bit before her conservatorship ends, or things are just going to go back to the way they were before! I’m pulling for her, especially as I think her dad is going a good job trying to keep her on track.

6. Kate

I think there’s probaby more to the story with Kevin than it outwardly appears. Remember when she was first with him, and everyone hated him? She had that meltdown right after he left her, you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. I seriously doubt he’s as innocent as he makes himself out to be.

7. o my gosh….fab as always!! more mature eh?
    Go Britney Go!!

8. hannahmumma

britney broke up with kevin while he was in toronto promoting his cd…….he found out via email on his cell during the middle of a televised interview on muchmusic……….I remember watching it!!

9. hannahmumma

oppsie……..I always thought it was britney who broke up with kevin…..but I read more about it in the rolling stone article and it confirmed she broke up with him!!:(

10. Katrina

Its not like its a new thing that child stars often cant handle the quick fame and everything they have to deal with. Unfortunatley for britney, she had added mental issues and people exploiting her.

secondly, you guys seem to forget that interviews dont involve them sitting down and telling celebrities, okay, go! They ask questions, the celebrity answers, and they choose how to display them within the article. Its the media, whether television or written, and is and always will be for money. The worse they can make someone look in a “nice” way the better.

11. Lala

I think she is trying to deflect attention from her bad parenting and make it look like Kevin is the one in the wrong. She looks good though, I wish her boys the best.

12. Dea

Looks like somebody dragged her out of the bed, tied a rubber band at the back of the T-shirt, ruffled the hair and Voila! instant cover. On the F-word, honestly both parents play a part on that one I am sure..

13. charlie

she sounds like she is really improving, her life and also like a really great mom depiste everything which has happened. Her sons obvilosly mean the world to her. Good luck Britney :)

14. Joe

Anyone who thinks this is what she really looks like is clearly delusional this is soooo edited its ridiculous