Brad Pitt – It’s All About “Getting Home To Family”

Brad Pitt is currently promoting his new film, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. While the film is attracting lots of buzz, Brad seems to have one thing on his mind: his family with Angelina Jolie. Brad recently sat down with Rolling Stone magazine to discuss his new film, and of course, his family of eight.

On getting help from his kids to use his iPod: “I normally need my kids to do this. They’re so beyond me in technology, it’s hard to keep up. Our seven-year-old was searching the word ‘weapons’ on Google the other day and ended up on some white-supremacist site. I’m sure now we’re on all kinds of watch lists.”

On his hopes for the future: “I have this fantasy of my older days, painting or sculpting or making things. I have this fantasy of a bike trip to Chile. I have this fantasy of flying into Morocco. But right now, more and more, it’s about getting the work done and getting home to family. I have an adventure every morning, getting up.”

Click below to read more of the interview…..

On if he went to church every Sunday as a child: “Yeah. And it was too much of what you shouldn’t be doing instead of what you could be doing. I get enraged when people start telling other people how to live their lives. It drives me mental. This Prop. 8 thing just drives me mental.”

On where he was on election night: “Chicago. I went down to Grant Park, because I was doing Oprah the next day. I walked home from the park to the hotel, which was a half-hour walk. And I could walk freely — no one was interested in me at that point. People were weeping and hugging. The sense of elation in the streets — it was great. That was such a turnaround for us. We captured the original definition of America again.”

On if Fight Club would have been made after September 11th: “No. Certainly not that ending. We debated it then. There’s a line we stuck in, about the buildings being evacuated.”

On how some critics just didn’t get that film: “Did you see the DVD that Fincher put out? He put all the negative reviews in the booklet. Some London critic said, “Not only is it anti-capitalistic, but it’s anti-society and anti-God.” We were like, “We didn’t realize it was that good!”

On how Benjamin Button feels very positive, but some people might walk away from the story feeling very bleak: “Yeah, I think it’s open to . . . it’s your choice. I find Benjamin is about those universal things we all share — that 95 percent that makes us all the same, wherever we are in the world. Our loves, our hopes, but also the loss that we all walk around with and hide very well, and the ultimate notion that we’re all expendable. To me, it’s a counterstatement to this divisive period we’ve been in, where we focused on the two, three, four, five percent of ways in which we’re different.”

Photo: Pacific Coast News

Filed under: Brad Pitt

1. RW

Um. Why was he searching the internet (a) alone (presumably) and (b) for weapons? I don’t know about all that.

2. antigoniem

RW – Evidently he wasn’t searching on his own if Brad knew about it, and it was probably just a word that he heard and didn’t know what it meant. He’s a curious child, theres nothing wrong with that as long as he’s supervised.

3. Monica

Umm. That seems really odd to me, and I normally really respect this family.

4. Jane

Honest, I am getting really tired of hearing about this family!

They need to stay out of the media for awhile!

5. Cari

It’s not that they can stay out of the media, the media hounds them wherever they go. If the media would give them a break, yes, that would be fantastic. But they (celebs) help sell magazines, so that’s not likely to happen any time soon.

6. LuvMyJolie

I agree Cari, they dont bother anyone.. Jane u must be having a REALLY bad day…

7. Sophie

Don’t attack that person, she’s right. You don’t see other people selling their family pictures and talking so mcuh about their children. Maybe it’s because they have actual talent that will draw people to see their movies.

8. Brad and Angelina are talking so much lately because they both have movies to promote close together – Angelina just finished doing the press circuit for Changeling, and Brad is now doing the rounds for Benjamin Button. It just seems like more because they’re both doing it close together and EVERYONE runs something every time they say anything.

9. Lynda

@antigoniem whilst I agree that it’s fine as long as he is supervised, weapons is a word that Maddox has definitely heard before. I remember Angelina said just recently that she played with weapons as a child and Maddox loves them too and she encourages him. She bought him some blunt swords to play with?

10. sadie

i think ur right…maddox is too young for all this…i think its absolutely great that they have six kids and want more but if you cant handle it, dont do it….its not for everyone. i wish theyd just stay out of the media for a bit…we already knw all there is to know about them…

11. cara

EXACTLY!!! theyre both gr8 actors if they cud just live their lives with their kids – who really need the parenting…they eat candy all day and play with weapons….and its not their fault…i think all of them are PRECIOUS. brad and angie shud stop commenting on every little detail of their lives…its gone from sweet to sickening. seriously…jen’s lucky to be rid of him…he was such a great guy…now all he does is talk and talk and talk…

12. Dea

cara, care to enlighten us how do you know their kids eat candy and play with weapons all day? are you their nanny?

13. cara

angie said so herself, and there are photos to prove it…im not crazy…i lyk their kids…all of them are adorable…so i wudnt make baseless comments just to put them down, dea. i have a valid point…angie herself said she allows maddox, a seven-yr-old to play with weapons or daggers or something she bought for him herself…u can look it up….i dont need to b their nanny

14. Dea

Of course cara, I am sure you are not crazy..