Pete Wentz On Bronx’s Eventual Debut

Pete Wentz On Bronx's Eventual Debut

If you’ve been waiting anxiously for the first photo of Bronx Wentz to make his debut in one of the weekly tabloids – don’t hold your breath. According to dad Pete Wentz, who wrote a blog entry on his official site about the possibility, he and wife Ashlee have decided not to sell Bronx’s “first pictures” and wait, instead, for when the time feels right to share their son with the world. (Pete is pictured above at Kidrobot yesterday, where he was searching for the perfect toy for his son.)

Click below to read the blog entry!

“About baby pics gossip: truth is like every celeb couple we were offered

mounds and mounds of money by mags from here to Guam to pimp out the baby. We just don’t want to go down that road with him.

We are not placing judgment on those that do as they often use the money in a very charitable way. However, we have made the decision to not sell Bronx’s baby pictures right now. We understand that like other celebrities have said, “there is a bounty on our heads” for these pictures. There is a danger when there are cameras being held over walls and into our backyard. We are followed day and night and that was fine when it was us but we are going to do our best to shelter Bronx from that as much as possible. Its scary to be followed by 10 cars to your home. We understand the curiosity, just not the viciousness that comes along with it when it becomes so insatiable. We know there will be a time when we’ll share him with everyone because that insatiable curiousity becomes unsafe or simply because we’re proud parents who want to show him off! We know our fans support and care about us and want to know about our family and we’ve always been straight up and open with those who care about us most, so at some time, when it makes sense, Bronx will be out in the world.

In the meantime, we’d like to say thank you to those who have allowed us relative privacy in letting us just be a family for now – and to enjoy all the happiness he’s brought us.

ps trust me he’s cute. he looks like his mommy.”

Photo: Flynet

Filed under: Pete Wentz

1. Tasha

He saying this after word broke that no magazine wanted the story because Ashlee’s dad Joe was requiring way too much money. Sure that could be a rumor but I’m believing that story instead of Pete’s. I just don’t think they’re in high demand. I dunno, I could be wrong.

2. Sarita

If he feels good pretending people are dying to see his kid so be it. But how come they already doing advertising related to their child? (see CBB) Seems they couldn’t start making money of him soon enough.

3. Sarita, that got me too – they can give a long, detailed list on everything he’s going to be wearing for like the next 3 months, and I’m supposed to believe he has a problem “pimping out” his kid? I’m not that naive! I don’t doubt they were in talks to sell the pics, I just believe they weren’t going to get as much as they originally thought.

4. Jane

Who cares about these people?!?!?

They are Nobody’s!!!

I hate that Pete never leaves home without his eyeliner.

6. Dea

they are delusional nobodies. He is a bassist with eyeliner fetish and Ashlee is a lip-syncing, acid- reflux singer who contributes nothing to singing. Why would anybody buy their picture?

7. Ana

Ashlee was pretty popular a few years back, but has lost some respect from poor record sales on her last album and that stupid nose job. ALL teenage girls used to love Pete, but now that he’s married people could care less and it only makes his fans hate Ashlee more. No one really cares about them anymore.

8. ashley

Well we all know the decision to not sell his photo was not by choice. No one wanted to pay a million dollars to see a picture of their kid. I think it is pretty funny. It is insane that people can bring in more then the average person makes in 30 lifetimes for a photo of their child to be shown to the world. I would hope they all donate it to charity.

9. Becky

I don’t mind that theyre not ‘pimping out their kid’ I just think its stupid that people delusion themselves into thinking that everyone wants to see their baby. It’s a really personal time and its understandable they just want to stay as a private family for a while.
    I think people should back off a little though, they’re just normal people that want to protect bronx like all other parents would their children.