Update: Naomi Watts & Liev Schreiber Welcome Samuel Kai Schreiber

Update: PEOPLE reports that Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber have named their second son Samuel Kai Schreiber. He weighed 7 lbs., 13 oz and was born December 13th. Naomi’s rep reports “Both mom and baby are doing great.”

Read original post below

Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber welcomed their second son yesterday, their rep confirmed to JustJared.com! More details are due to follow next week. The baby boy joins big brother Alexander “Sasha” Pete, 16 months.

Us Weekly broke the news that Naomi was pregnant back in July, and the family spent most of the pregnancy in New York City, going for walks and running errands together. Naomi just spoke about worrying she had waited too long to become a mom.

Photo: Hector Vallenilla/PacificCoastNews.com

Filed under: Births,Liev Schreiber,Naomi Watts,Samuel Schreiber

1. shirilicious

Ha, I knew it. She always struck me as a person who’s more prone to having sons. Congratulations to the couple.
    Still would have loved to see a little Schreiber-Watts girl.

2. I think people were saying “boy” before she even had a bump! She does look like someone who has all or mostly boys. Congrats to them. I can’t wait to hear the name *crosses fingers it’s normal like Sasha’s*

3. Peta

Congratulations, Liev and Naomi!

4. Jen

lol I’m not sure how she looks like she would be prone to having all boys seeing as the woman has nothing to do with the gender of the child. Perhaps Liev is the one that looks like he would have all sons? Congrats to the happy family ^^

5. Alisa

Awww! I’m so glad she’s given birth! poor thing was getting so big! i could tell it was a boy :) Congrats to them!

6. shirilicious

Jen, have you never made such an observation with pregnant women? For some reason, we’re not talking genetics here, some women tend to have either all girls or all boys. And they have that certain something about them, you just can tell.

7. Jen

shirilicious — not really, especially seeing as this is only her second child, I’m not sure anyone can really make that assumption lol

Also, a side note: I am the mother of four boys, now if someone said that about me, I could understand, though I did lose a daughter in the second trimester so not sure I can say I’m prone to having all sons.

8. Bree

Congrats!!! I’m curious to find out what they named him.. Hmmmmm!

9. shirilicious

Jen, either I’m not making myself clear enough or you just don’t understand. Yeah, well, take care.

10. Jen

shirilicious — lol I understand you just fine, I just don’t agree with you. I’ve never looked at any woman and said, “Oh she’s a mother of all boys/girls or is going to be”
    I guess I just looked at it in a more genetic way and tend to save those reservations for the male. Looking at a guy and saying “He’s going to father all sons/daughters.”

Anyway, I really do not think it is worth getting all uptight over and making an issue over. I stated an opinion, I’m sorry that you did not agree with it and felt the urge to keep on about it.
    Take care to you too.

11. What a great name! It goes great with Alexander Pete.

12. Bree

Love, love, love, love the name!

13. Katrina

I like the name too, actually. I love unique names, my daughter has a very unique name, but all in all they should still be names and people have been taking them to all new levels lately

14. Sarita

I like the names Samual and Kai not sure if they like them so much together. I wonder if they’ll use a nickname for him too.