Rumor: Tom Cruise Controls Custody?

Star magazine’s latest rumor centers around Tom Cruise and ex-wife Nicole Kidman – as well as their two adopted children, Connor, 14 next month, and Isabella, who turned 16 yesterday.

Star claims that, shortly after the couple’s 2001 split, Tom “had special papers drawn up” that were very specific about Nicole’s visitation rights with the kids. The custody agreement, supposedly kept in Tom’s lawyer’s office, apparently “limits the time Nicole sees the kids, how much exposure she can have with them and when overnight visits are allowed.”

“She doesn’t go anywhere with those kids without Tom’s say-so,” says an insider.

Also, the magazine claims that Tom documents all of Nicole’s calls to the house, and “no correspondence occurs between them without Tom’s knowledge — and that includes e-mails.”

In addition to Isabella and Connor, Tom is dad to 2 1/2-year-old Suri and Nicole is mom to 5-month-old Sunday.

Photo: Flynet

What are your thoughts on Star‘s latest rumor?

Filed under: Tom Cruise

1. e

jk

2. LuvMyJolie

i really wonder if this is true…. too bad we’ll never know

3. Lala

I believe it!

4. anonymous

I have read before that Tom was the one who decided the visitation rights and it was similar to these listed. I believe it.

5. Carolina

I totally believe! He is too weird for me!

6. Sam

Not sure if this is true or not but you never see Nicole with the kids.

If I was their mum their is no way I would be letting Tom dictate when I can speak to and see my kids, If Nicole signed papers that allowed this to happen then thats her stupid fault.

7. Erica

She hardly ever talk about her two kids with Tom nowdays..mostly about Sunday Rose..not everyone can spread the love with biological and adopted kids like Brad and Angelina! lol

8. Peta

I have trouble believing anything the tabloids say, so I’ll take this with a grain of salt.

9. Dea

Why am I not surprised? Katie definitely must have the same “contract”.

10. Sarita

I don’t believe this at all. Even if there is such a contract than Nicole signed it of her own free will. That would mean she basically signed away her children!

Anyway she always says that there is no such thing, the tabloids are just out to create stories like this.

11. d

Tom & Co. may have threatened to make it even more difficult for Nicole is she fought it…..so that could be why she signed. She doesn’t want to alienate (sorry ;) her kids even more by speaking out about this. Everyone knows Tom is out there.

12. Devin

Always some nut job comparing someone to Brad and Angie. Just because Nicole isn’t sharing every aspect of her children’s lives doesn’t mean she doesn’t love all of her children the same. Connor and Bella are at an age where no matter what Tom does they can spend time with the parent of choice.

13. erin

the situation between those two has always seemed kind of strange to me. I wonder what really goes on behind closed doors. There seems to be a lot more to the situation than was ever revealed publicly. (or ever will be revealed).