Eddie Murphy To Pay $51,000 A Month Child Support To Mel B

Actor Eddie Murphy has agreed to pay former Spice Girl Mel B $51,000 a month in child support, until his 20-month-old daughter Angel Iris turns 18-years-old. A source also revealed that Eddie has finally agreed to see his daughter.

The settlement ends a 15-month court battle that began after Eddie denied that he was Angel’s father. A DNA test later proved that he was.

A friend of the singer told News of The World, “Mel is delighted that the case is over as she just wanted what was right for her girl. It was never about money — it was Mel’s way of asking Eddie to show consideration for Angel.”

Photo: INFdaily 12/08

Filed under: Angel Iris Murphy Brown,Melanie Brown

That’s utterly ridicuolous. $51,000/mo?? No child requires that much money per month. And it’s not like she’s exactly poor. Geez.

CHILD SUPPORT NEEDS TO STOP THIS RIDICUOLOUS MESS! not only that but there is so much paternity fraud! 30% to 40% in los angeles county are not the fathers and even though they have proof with DNA matching at 0% child support still has them pay money to the state. ??????

2. Theresa

Yeah I agree…the amount seems rather extreme…however since I dispise Eddi for how he handled not claiming his child and saying it wasn’t his…I say go Mel!!! Poor Angel might need it to pay for her therapy later in life.

3. LaKesha

When the Father is making hundreds of thousands or even millions a month, it’s more than fair!

4. kris

She deserves it. Her father is worth so much. Whats more important is that he sees her. Or WANTS to see her for that matter. Does he realize how bad he looks?

5. Leandra

Oh please…never about the money? Then why not take less…she had him in court to get as much as possible…so don’t turn around and say “it’s never been about the money”….how gullible do you think people are?

6. Darya

Well it obviously was about the money. But some positives came out of it as well as he has agreed to see the baby now.

7. Katrina

Like you coudlnt tell she was his just by looking at her. Child support is a percentage of the father/mothers pay towards the childs care, housing, medical needs, and future. Theres no reason at ALL for eddie not to invest that in his child, regardless of what the sum is. I dont really have any sympathy for him after he tried denying she was his, avoided being in her life, and slandering mel b’s name. Sorry, bucko, gotta pay up sometime.

8. Jenny-Loo

I do feel bad for Eddy bc thats alot of money and despite the fact he makes alot of it still doesnt change the fact a little girl doesnt need that much. I hope Mel puts it into a savings account so she can use it when she will really need it!

9. Just Saying

That’s a lot of money and i doubt she needs all that unless it’s to support her whole family which i highly doubt but i guess he would not have had to pay that much if he hadn’t denied her and have them go through all that mess. But on a side note, how much does this man make because he has like 5 or 6 other children with his ex-wife and i know if he is paying a lot for them.

Child support is money used to support the child only. Food, clothes, education, shelter, insurace, etc. That will not cost $51,000 a month. He shouldn’t have to pay to feed into her life of luxury.

11. Amy

Why shouldn’t he have to pay? He chose to have sex and take the risk of making a baby. Why shouldn’t that child have the right to have the same type of lifestyle that the father has? Mel has been trying to get Eddie to acknowledge Angel as his daughter since before she was even born. I still don’t think Eddie wants anything to do with Angel, he’s only agreed to meet her to improve his image to the public. And his claim that he doesn’t want to have any interaction with Mel, and that’s the reason he hasn’t met Angel is a load of crap. There are countless ways to have child visitation where the mother and father DON’T have to see each other.

12. EmmaLeigh

Good, it is about time!

Paying for your child’s basics needs is one thing. Paying for a superior lifestyle is another. They don’t go hand in hand. I don’t care if we’re talking about Hollywood or not.

14. gia

Cha-Ching!! Never about the money my butt!! That is actually kind of funny…These celebs crack me up. He can afford it, but she doesnt really need it, so its all kind of odd to me. He is also an ass for not wanting to see his daughter, but she is an ass too because you know this was her way of sticking it to him.

15. Tab

Wow $51,000 a month. That is horrible the man has 5 or 6 other kids. If this was never about the month then Mel B should order that he doesn’t pay that much in support. She does not get that much from her other kids father. She looks like a gold digger

16. Kim

Wow – can someone please tell me how I can convince a judge that my son is Brad Pitt’s love child?

Sheesh I don’t even make that in a year!

17. Dizzy

It kills me that people don’t take into account that he has to pay a part of Mel’s mortgage. She lives in a MANSION. He has to pay for security guards and Beverly Hills doctors. If she got $1.50 then maybe you all would be happy and proud of how humble and smart she and her lawyers are.

18. Ominous Black Hole

This to me is absolutely rediculous. If I can raise my son on 100k a year, and now send him to college it would seem to me that the amount is crazy. I can understand you want the child to have a good quality of living, but it shouldnt be gauged on what the man earns when hes rich. Whomever thought of this should be removed from office.

19. eric

First I would like to say taking care of a child should not have a price control by anyone but the parents and why does it seem that most men have no true rights in courts.in the in GOD will prevail in all this mess

20. Uncontainable Spirit

ATTENTION MEN: Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER trust ANY woman regarding birth control. EVER!