Update: M.I.A. Denies Son’s Name Is Ickitt

Update: In a humorous and assertive message on her MySpace Page, M.I.A. shoots down rumors that her son’s name is Ickitt: “MY BABY IS NOT CALLED ICKITT, PICKIT OR LICKIT THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THE HOLLYWOOD PRESS. HES A BABY , HE DONT NEED PRESS!” The 31-year-old musician adds, “I DIDNT RELEASE THE BABY NAME BECAUSE I DIDNT THINK IT WAS NEWS!!!! BUT I WILL BE BACK WITH SOMETHING NEWS WORTHY SOON , TILL THEN GO PICK ON APPLE, SATCHEL AND MOON UNIT. LOTS OF LOVE STICKIT!!”

Click below to see original story…

M.I.A. and fiancé Benjamin Brewer welcomed their first child, a boy, on February 11. Rumor has it that the couple have reportedly revealed their son’s name: Ickitt.

This is one of the most unique celeb baby names we’ve heard in awhile! Thoughts?

Photo: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM

Filed under: M.I.A.

1. Pika

Um….Icky? I have a friend who named her son Ichabod….now that seems okay compared with Ickett.

2. Rinoa

Definitely an icky name. ;)

3. Peta

Sorry, I had a flashback to a ’90s dance song when I saw that name. That’s NOT good.

4. it’s horrible :S

5. Actually, this is not the baby’s name.

6. shirilicious

emily is right. M.I.A. posted on her myspace page that the press has got it wrong and this not her baby’s name, but she wouldn’t reveal the real name.

7. Peta

Well, thank goodness for that! *whew*

8. melanie

interesting…take a word that isn’t a word and make it a name…nice

9. Erika

Made me think of the 90′s NICK tv show Ahhhhh! Real Monsters!! lol there was a monster named Ickis

10. Erika
  11. Hannah

It says on People.com that M.I.A. wrote on her blog that her baby’s name isn’t Ickett.

12. melanie

i got this from another website,this is what she said:

My baby name is not called Ickitt, Pickit or Lickit, Thank You very much to all the Hollywood Press. He’s a baby, he don’t need press! I didn’t release the baby name because i didn’t think it was news! But I will be back with something newsworthy soon, till then, go pick on apple, satchel and moon unit.

Lots of Love Stickit!

13. aubrey madeline

thank goodness if her son name was ickett the that the worst celebrity baby name

14. Cari

“He don’t need press”. Is it really that difficult to say “doesn’t”???

Other than that? Yeah, I’m glad she didn’t go with Ickett. That’s pretty bad.

15. pika

She’s okay with performing in a mostly-transparent dress on her
    due date, but she’s kind of nasty when it comes to revealing the
    little guy’s name?

16. Rinoa

I realize that it’s a personal choice but I’ve never understood when celebs wont release a name…

Why should they? They don’t owe us anything.

18. Natalie

They feel the need to announce the pregnancy for media attention…so it would be least decent to follow through and announce the babies name and sex. To all of a sudden decide its a private matter is ridiculous!

19. Rinoa

My question is why shouldn’t they tell the name? When you have your children, don’t you tell people the name? In fact, where I’m from, people announce the birth in the paper, name and everything!

I don’t feel “owed” anything and I’m not even saying that she “should” tell the name. I just don’t understand it because telling the name doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

Haven’t we already seen a picture of her baby? To me personally, having a picture out there is a way bigger deal than releasing the name.

20. aubrey madeline

we never seen a picture of m.i.a newborn son

21. antigoniem

Natalie – She didn’t really announce the pregnancy, it was just so obvious that the press found out.

22. shirilicious

I don’t get the criticism regarding the release or non release of her baby’s name either. We found out she’s pregnant when she was like 6 months along or so, I don’t remember seeing a picture, she announced she gave birth a week after it happened and she’s generally a person who doesn’t flaunt every single detail of her private life. So what exactly are you complaining about, Natalie?