Natasha Richardson Dies At 45

Natasha Richardson, 45, died on Wednesday from a severe head injury sustained in a skiing accident at the Mont Tremblant Resort in the Canadian province of Quebec. Richardson was married to fellow actor Liam Neeson. She was the daughter of the late director Tony Richardson and actress Vanessa Redgrave. Her sister is actress Joely Richardson.

Liam and Natasha had two sons together: 13-year-old Micheál Richard Antonio and 12-year-old Daniel Jack. The family of four was pictured above enjoying the blue waters of the French Riviera in 2001.

Natasha’s grieving family released the following statement:

“Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time.”

Our hearts go out to the Richardson-Neeson family during this difficult time.

Photo: ELIOT PRESS/bauergriffinonline.com

Filed under: Natasha Richardson

1. Sherry

God bless her family.

2. Rosy J

This is so very sad. My thoughts and prayers are for her family. May they find some measure of comfort in their memories.

3. Carolyn

My heart goes out to her family. So sad.

4. sara

i didn’t know her sons are that little. it’s too sad that they have to deal with what happened at such a young age.
    RIP

5. Dea

RIP Natasha! sending thoughts and prayer vibes to Liam and the boys.

6. Pencils

What a great photo of a loving family. My heart goes out to Liam Neeson and his sons.

7. Janie

So sad! God bless this family.

8. Kim

This breaks my heart.

9. Samantha

Just seeing this picture of such a beautiful family, knowing that these two little boys just lost their mother, it really breaks my heart. They look so incredibly happy together in this picture……it just goes to show, you really can’t take anything for granted because you never know what will happen in the future. It is so obvious how much this family loved each other!

10. anonymous

So sad…..they really look like a wonderful, close knit family! God bless them!

11. Lucia

I kind of want to know how she really died. It almost sounded like a preexisting condition caused the fall then killed her later than the fall causing the condition if she got immediately up and was joking about it. I wonder if she had an aneurysm.

12. gavmitri

So sad – my heart goes out to their family.

13. anne

A profoundly sad loss . . . as the result of such a seemingly common, ordinary event, and so sudden . . . but also because she was so damned good at living.

14. Francesca

So so sad. Absolutely heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with her boys, husband and family. Tragic, truly tragic. As a mom of 3, I can’t even imagine…

15. Sam

My heart goes out to her family! OMG It aches my heart looking at the main picture. What a lovely moment! God bless her soul. She was a very classy, talented actress/women. I can’t imagine what Liam Neeson and his boys are possibly going through at this time :(

16. Sherry

It’s comforting to know that the picture probably depicts how the four of them were at the end…..holding her. I’m sure Natasha knew they were there.

17. melanie

SO gorgeous and young! i am keeping her beautiful family in my prayers! :)

18. ker

that picture just literally broke my heart! may she rest in peace. my heart goes out to liam & the boys =/