Jade Goody Has Died

Jade Goody, the 27-year-old mother of two young boys died in her sleep early Sunday morning – Mother’s Day in the U.K. – following a public battle with cervical cancer.

Jade’s mother Jackiey Budden was at her bedside and stated, “My beautiful daughter is at peace.” Jade’s husband Jack Tweed and close friend Kevin Adams were also with her as she passed. Max Clifford, her publicist and friend stated, “I think she’s going to be remembered as a young girl who has, and who will, save an awful lot of lives,” referring to how her public battle with cancer has raised awareness of the disease.

The reality TV star left behind two young sons, Bobby Jack, 5, and Freddie, 4. The boys’ father, TV presenter Jeff Brazier stated, “I’m grateful the boys were able to say their goodbyes and spend that precious time with their wonderful mother. Bobby and Freddie are my absolute priority and I will be doing everything I can to be their rock and to give them all my love and support to get them through a confusing and upsetting time.”

Jade became popular on the third series of Big Brother in 2002. Since then, she’s been a tabloid favorite.

Harpal Kumar, Cancer Research UK’s chief executive, stated that Jade’s high-profile battle with cancer will raise awareness and save lives: “We are very sad to hear of Jade’s death and our thoughts are with her family and friends at this devastating time. Her brave battle with an aggressive form of cervical cancer has received widespread public attention and encouraged thousands of women to seek advice on how to prevent the disease. It’s critical that young women take up their invitations to cervical screenings if we are to avoid more tragic cases like Jade’s. She has done a great public service by raising awareness of the importance of screening during her last few months of life.”

Dr Lesley Walker, Cancer Research UK’s director of cancer information also stated, “Cervical screening is very important because it can stop cervical cancer from developing in the first place. Women can protect themselves against cervical cancer by always attending routine screening tests when invited by their doctor. These tests detect any changes in the cells lining their cervix early on, so they can easily be treated before cancer develops.”

Our deepest condolences go out to the Goody family during this difficult time.

Photos: Flynet

Filed under: Jade Goody

1. Domino

OMG!!! I’m in shock right now, i know (we all know) that she would eventually die, but that doesn’t make it less sad…i don’t have words, life is so unjust, she was a brave woman in life and a brave woman in the death, my thoughts are with her family and her beautiful children. So sad.

2. Lora

That’s so sad! Boys live with Jeff Brazier? Poor boys

3. Lisa

I have read some very nasty comments about this lady on other sites which are uncalled for, this young woman (who was my age) fought a brave battle against a horrendous disease and gave people an insight into that they may not of had otherwise, this disease kills thousands of woman each year but is overlooked by women especially of my age who think it doesn’t affect them, well it does and if her fight against it has been publicised then good, I hope it gives young women a stronfer conviction to have a smear test which ultimately may save their lives, also it may make our Government lower the age of screening in England to 20, I hope it does.
    To JAdes to boys I can say this your mother was a strong brave lady who fought her battle with this disease bravely, be proud of her and live your lives as she would of wanted you too, your mother will always be with you, God bless you both.

4. Myriam

All my thoughts go the family and especially the boys even if I guess they are not completely aware of what’s happening.
    I’m sure Jack is gonna be a wonderful father during this difficult time (and during the rest of their lives of course).

5. shirilicious

Rest in peace, Jade.

6. Audrey

Lisa. I’m just curious. When you say lowering the age to 20 for screening, can you explain? Does that mean none at that age, or only if you pay out of pocket, or ? What is the general age for screening to start?

Here (US) it is when you become sexually active or usually by age 18. We either use our insurance, go to family planning, or some pay out of their own pocket.

7. Pencils

It’s very sad–as an American, I didn’t know anything about her, but the death of someone so young, especially a mother, of something preventable, is terrible. Not only should young women get their Pap smears, they should get the Gardasil vaccine, which can prevent cervical cancer. My daughter will get it when she’s old enough.

8. Angie

How sad…I hope her boys will grow up strong knowing that their mother loved them very much and I’m sure breathed her last breaths with them in her heart and in her final thoughts…I hope they find peace and know that she’s watching over them.

9. Bob

In England the NHS only screens over 25′s, so you would have to pay to go private to get a smear test before age 25. In Wales the age is 20.

10. so sad :(
    R.I.P

11. Rosy J

Like Pencils I did not know her but this is ever so sad to hear. Condolences to her family and may she rest in peace. She touched a lot people in her short life and she is in the arms of the angels now. God bless her little boys.

12. Rinoa

So sad. I really feel awful for her and her family. They are all deeply in my thoughts.

I’m really surprised that in England they do not routinely perform pap smears until women are 25 years old. Here in Ontario, Canada, I have been having free pap smears each year since I was 18. Hopefully there is some good that will come from her tragedy and more light will be shed on cervical cancer for all women around the world.

13. despite her personal flaws, it is tragic that Goody passed on at such a young age, and on Mother’s day

The age for smears in Scotland is 20 and only carried out every 3 years. unfortunately, many women dont go. My mum first developed cervical cancer at 21 and again at 32, she is very lucky to have survived. 25 in England is disgraceful! it could save so many lives if it was lowered.
    Jade RIP

15. gia

I didnt know much about her & I know when she was “well’ she didnt have too many fans, but she was still so young & a mum & that makes it terribly sad…I was hoping she had more time to share with her sons & family…R.I.P.

“Boys live with Jeff Brazier? Poor boys”
    Lora what is that suppose to mean?

My heart goes out to her two boys! Such a tragedy.

17. Audrey

THanks to those who explained the testing ages to me. I was a little unsure about some of the things said, but now I believe I’m on the right page.

18. Maggie

Rest in Peace Jade. Xx

19. suzy

This is so saddddddddddddd :(((((((((((((((((((
    RIP Jade

20. Blu

God Bless Jade
    May you have a bed in heaven with yours and Jacks baby
    to watch over your precious little boys and husband
    You will be very sadley missed