Nicole Richie Covers BlackBook Magazine

Unlike her cover alter ego, Nicole’s real style is described as “sweet” and “charming.” The expectant mom – who recently launched her own jewelry line – reveals that she’s “always loved fashion,” and is particularly inspired by the styles of 60s and 70s. She prefers not to relive the decade she grew up in – the 80s. “I don’t have a great relationship with the ’80s. I look back on what I was wearing then and I am so embarrassed,” she admits. “I blame my mom!”

In recent years children have become a focus of Nicole’s life. She and her boyfriend – she insists that despite the constant speculation they’re not engaged – Joel Madden started the Richie-Madden Foundation while she was pregnant with their now 1-year-old daughter Harlow. The Foundation provides assistance to kids and mothers in need.

Nicole, 27, tells BlackBook that she and Joel are very hands-on when it comes to the Foundation, saying that it goes beyond “just writing a check.”

“The moms are happy because they’re getting exactly what they want, and you are happy because you see that you have definitely helped someone,” she says.

Has your opinion of Nicole changed since she’s become a mom?

Filed under: Nicole Richie

1. gia

Not really, I am still not a fan, but its great they are involved in a charity…

2. Gina Moyer

I think she has come a long way! Go Nicole!!!

My opinion has gone from negative to neutral.

4. ELAINE

OMG!! WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE TO BE SUCH HARD CRITICS? SHE HAS DONE A 180! ITS BEEN QUITE AMAZING TO FOLLOW SHE HAS SET A GREAT EXAMPLE FOR HOW SOMEONE CAN COMPLETELY TURN THEIR LIFE AROUND….I AM SO PROUD OF HER….YOU GO NICOLE!

5. shirilicious

Elaine, here’s a quote from the comment’s section … “Please don’t write in all caps – some find it offensive or take it as an attack.”

6. Peta

I still don’t know what exactly she did to become famous in the first place, but I’m glad she’s not the drunken, drugged-out and hard-partying tabloid staple that she used to be.

All in all, I’m neutral.

7. ice

No. Because I don’t need to respect someone who obviously should have been in jail for a much longer time than she did. I don’t need to respect someone who doesn’t work, leeches on her dad’s fortune, does drugs and is generally famous for doing absolutely nothing