Hugh & Ava Jackman Take Manhattan

Hugh & Ava Jackman Take Manhattan

What an adorable father-daughter duo! Hugh Jackman was seen running alongside his 3-year-old daughter Ava as they headed off to her preschool in downtown Manhattan.

The 40-year-old Australian actor recently stated that it was a “no-brainer” to adopt children of mixed races as that seemed to be where the greatest need exists: “When we went first to talk to someone in Los Angeles about adoption, I remember, they said, ‘What do you want?’ I said, ‘Well, healthy would be good.’ And they said, ‘Well, what about the race?’ We’d ticked mixed race. And he said, ‘Now, listen. Please don’t, please don’t just tick that because you think it’s the right thing to tick.’ And he said to me, that we turn away children every month who are mixed race, because we can’t find families for them.”

Photos: Splash

Filed under: Ava Jackman,Hugh Jackman

1. MomOf3

Is Ava mixed race? By appearance, I assumed she was Caucasian…not that it matters one way or another, but since the article is talking about it, I was curious.

2. Sanja

Yes, I believe Ava is a Caucasian, Latino, Native American or Asian mix.

3. Amanda

I’m just curious how do you know Sanja?

These pics are too cute! I love her little expression in the main pic.

4. Sarita

Hugh has said in an interview that Ava is Mexican and German.

I love this family, they are always active and having a good time together.

5. Rosy J

Hugh seems like an awesome dad. His kids are adorable and so lucky to have him in their lives. I also think he’s a great hubby. One big happy family. So neat. And last but not least, he is so easy on the eye. lol

6. sara

i know some hispanics look just like caucasian cause they are european descent. i guess if ava looks white, then she’s white. after all, we are all pretty much mixed.

7. Sanja

Amanda – It was in an interview a while ago that she was German (Caucasian) and Latino (Caucasian + Native American) mix. The Asian part I comes from her looking like Mongolian kids I’ve seen, but I guess that’s probably from her Indian side.

8. Betsy

Hugh and Debra just care that both children are healthy.

I think we should all follow their lead and not worry about each child’s ethnicity.

Besides they are a great family together – the pictures from last weekend, the family outing, have been my favorites so far!