It’s A Girl For Alyson Hannigan!

Former Buffy The Vampire Slayer stars Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof welcomed a daughter last Tuesday, March 24th in Los Angeles PEOPLE reports. The new baby, named Satyana Denisof decided to make an appearance on mom Alyson’s birthday!

A rep for the couple says, “They’re very excited, and mom and baby are doing great.”

Hannigan and Denisof, who were often seen strolling around LA in the final days before Satyana’s birth, were married in 2003.

Photo: Flynet

Filed under: Alexis Denisof,Alyson Hannigan,Uncategorized

1. Claire

I think you misspelled both her husband and daughter’s names. Deniof ==> Denisof

2. Thanks Claire!

3. His Mama

Congrats to them! Boy was I wrong!! I thought she would wait until April and have a boy ; )

4. Claire

It’s hilarious the girls have the same birth date :-))

5. Hannah

Yay Congrats! It seemed like she was pregnant forever! Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Satyana?

6. Dea

That’s the best birthday present ever! hey at least her husband will NEVER forget their birthdays:-)

7. kerr

OMG that is hilarious!!! ;) congrats to the couple!

8. anonymous

I am sure she is a beautiful baby, not sure I like the name though…depends on how it is pronounced…. could almost sound like “Satan”

9. Sanja

I believe it’s pronounced like Tatyana with an ‘s’. It’s an Indian name (as in from India).

10. DropThePilot

Aw, my name is Tatyana! And I think Sanja, you are right with how this name is pronounced ;) Her hubby’s name sounds like it comes originally from Russian language, so I thought that might’ve been the reason why they names their daughter like this. BUT might be some other reason.
    And yeah, great that they share the same Birthday!

11. Carla

It’s not terrible but it does sort of look like a feminine version of satan.

12. Peta

I once saw a girl with the name Satana. Yes, spelled exactly like that. I am NOT joking. O_O

Satyana’s pretty tame in comparison (though I like the sound of ‘Tatyana’ better, but it’s not my child). I can only see devil references coming up if someone misspells her name i.e. Saytana. That’s just me, though.

13. melanie

that’s a VERY pretty name if it sounds anything like tatyana…nice choice

14. Katrina

Kids will find ANYTHING about anything to make fun of other children. I like the name, and i give kudos to anyone who gives their children unique names. and, I mean, NAMES, not horrible made up things and not material objects.. My maiden name was Dunn, and ive heard every joke in the book, and you know what, it never bothered me.

15. NikkoBlues

After doing some research, I found this…

“The name satyana comes from two sanskrit roots: sat, which means truth or being, and also refers to action aligned or suffused with spirit; and yana, which means vehicle. So “satyana” means a vehicle for action infused with the grace of spirit.”

16. shirilicious

Maybe Satyana has some fancy meaning, but to me, too, it sounds an awful lot like Satan(a). Not my cup of tea.

17. Lucia

Satyana sounds Russian, even if it isn’t. It sounds perfectly normal saying Satyana Denisof. I like it.

My name is Satana and yes I did get the references, but I grew up just fine.

19. Oywgyubi
  20. attersollmget

Hi!!! Nice forum. This my first post.