Tori Spelling: “I’m Not Anorexic”

Tori Spelling: "I'm Not Anorexic"

Tori Spelling has dismissed speculation that she is battling an eating disorder.

“Oh my God, I’m not anorexic,” Tori tells People. “I acknowledge that I look thin in photos. I get it.”

Tori says that she’s lost 40lbs since giving birth to her daughter Stella last June, but insists that she’s healthy at her current weight.

“Obviously I don’t want to lose any more weight,” she says. “But people haven’t seen me not pregnant in two and a half years. I’m eating healthy, I just have a crazy lifestyle.”

The 90210 star, who also has 2-year-old son Liam, does admit that her busy schedule sometimes gets in the way of a healthy diet and says that there “needs to be some downtime.”

“I’m the first to admit that sometimes I don’t have the time to sit down for a well-balanced meal. Usually like you kind of just finish whatever your child doesn’t eat. I’m like, ‘Cool, you have a few pieces of hot dog left and one broccoli floret and a fry, I’ll take it.’ ”

Tori was in Beverly Hills yesterday celebrating the launch of her new book, Mommywood.

Filed under: Tori Spelling

Photo credit: Flynet

1. melanie

oh MY gosh. she is sooo scary to look at, ridiculous.

What is wrong with her face?

3. Kanda

That is very scary looking. With her tv money she should have some plastic surgery to fix her lopsidedness and face.
    If her dad had not been who he was, she never would have gotten into tv with her looks. It is horrendous.

4. Janie

She looks like a man! She is very scary!

5. Dea

Erm Tori, when everyone can see your chest bone and spine protruding through and you’re growing fine hair on your back, that’s a classic case of Anorexia. Sorry love, not buying the “busy lifestyle” non sense.

6. dlock

I think every celebrity that gets their card pulled about an eating disorder always has some crazy explanation. Its obvious when one loses a lot of weight in a short period of time… the proof is in the photos! One has to know their limit and what your weight is supposed to be or else one ends like Tori Spelling and Lindsey Lohan.

7. gia

Usually when moms say they finish off the food their kids plates they comment on gaining weight, not losing it…Lots of regular moms have busy lifestyles too & they struggle with losing weight, not keeping it on….I think she was recently quoted saying something about having to be skinny to be successful in Hollywood, so I dont think her weight loss is any sort of accident.

8. Lisa

Discussing Tori’s weight is one thing, but please be respectful. Imagine how she would feel reading some of these comments.

9. Kim

Wow. You guys are mean. Maybe that is why she lost so much weight.

10. melanie

ha okayyy kim…she’s just an attention-seeking…*searching for a nice word*….girl.

11. anne

Girl has Control Issues, at least with her body image … I think that’s pretty much undeniable (see any grouping of timeline photos). Whether she’s clinically anorexic is certainly not for us to say. I just hope for a little consciousness-raising sometime soon or she’ll be in MJ territory before she knows what’s happened.

12. Jenny

I feel for Tori. Disordered eating and distorted body image stems from issues of power and control. Not to mention societal pressures to stay thin and conform to the unrealistic images of beauty in Hollywood and in the world at large.

As an outsider looking in, I sense that Tori feels somewhat powerless in her relationship with her mother. Coupled with the deep sense of loss of her father and not having her mother’s support with her 2 kids, Tori may be feeling this sense of powerlessness and these deep issues ‘show up’ as an eating disorder.

OMG she isnt anorexic. some people are just skinny.. and she isnt scary ta look at. shes pretty!! Dont be so mean!

Tori Spelling has had plastic surgery to fix a big nose. Unfortunately, she looks just like her late father, Aaron. Somehow her nose was made too small, her eyes are too close together and her chin is too big. What a mess! How could Dean McDermott leave his beautiful wife for her??? He must have thought she would inherit millions (or maybe billions) but her mother took care of that plan. I wonder if they have much money at all?

She has lots of nerve however and will push herself into the stoplight anyway she can. I avoid any program on which she is featured.