Jon Gosselin Admits “Poor Judgement,” Denies Cheating

Jon Gosselin Admits "Poor Judgement," Denies Cheating

Rumors of a rift between Jon and Kate Gosselin – of TLC’s Jon & Kate Plus 8 – continue to swirl, with US magazine declaring on its latest cover that the dad of 8 was caught with another woman.

In February it was reported that Jon, 32, was spotted out partying with college students, and that he told one of them that he and Kate were getting a divorce. Now US reveals that he was recently seen leaving a club at 2am, seemingly drunk, with a female companion – and without his wedding ring.

Jon contacted US to respond to the cover story, saying that while he may have shown “poor judgement” the girl in question is just a friend.

“Like most people I have male and female friends and I’m not going to end my friendships just because I’m on TV. However, being out with them late at night, showed poor judgement on my part. What makes me sick, is that my careless behavior has put my family in this uncomfortable position. My family is the most important thing in my life and it kills me that these allegations have hurt them.”

Jon doesn’t deny that he stopped by the bar that night while Kate was out of town promoting her new book Eight Little Faces, but insists it was all entirely innocent. “A friend of mine wanted to check out my car, so I let her drive it to her car. Yes, I have female friends – but that is all she is.”

While he denies the rumors of infidelity and divorce, the reality star dad has never claimed that family life is perfect. Earlier this year Jon told People, “Kate’s career is taking off and I’m a bit lost. This struggle has definitely put some tension in our marriage.”

Married for almost 10 years, Jon and Kate are parents to 8-year-old twins Cara and Mady and 4-year-old sextuplets Aaden, Collin, Alexis, Hannah, Leah and Joel.

Do you watch Jon & Kate Plus 8? What do you think of all the rumors?

Filed under: Kate Gosselin

1. Anna

They have 8 children, the mom is out of town. Wouldn’t it be normal for the dad to be with the children?

2. Dianna

If I were married to that crazy witch I’d cheat on her too! I can’t watch their show; all she does is degrade Jon and scream at the kids. I’d rather hear fingernails on a chalkboard than listen to those to go at it and the kids whine and cry all the time. I think the “fame” has gone to Kate’s head.

Anna- I’d say they have a nanny. Another site I visit claims they have a nanny, organic chef and a housekeeper that she won’t allow to be on camera- who knows if I had that kind of money I’d have all those too so I’m not knocking them for it.

3. melanie1983

idk, i’d want to be with someon else too if i was w/kate. she treats him like one of the children!

I think Kate acts like a total witch. She yells at her family way too much and seems way too concerned about the money and appearances. I wouldn’t be surprised if he cheated on her just to get a little love.

If this is true i feel sorry for Cara,Madelyn,Alexis,Hannah,Aaden,Collin,Leah and Joel

6. Ann

Has anyone noticed how miserable Jon always looks? I don’t think he’s happy or in love with Kate. I think he feels stuck. She may love him, but she treats him like dirt. I can’t imagine how she treats him off camera. The kids will be the ones to suffer. Divorce is on the horizon.

this is a comment in general about the show. I use to be a big fan of the show but now prefer to watch other things! I feel that they’d be a much happier family if they led a “normal” life like anyone else. I also think jon is much happier not to do the show at all but wife kate is the one who wants to continue it! (all to make a little more $)

Everyone is saying that Kate is a *itch, but it must be hard to raise eight children. You have to be a very organized person. Marriage is for better or worse and in sickness and health. The other comments say ” I would divorce her ” My god they have eight children !!!!! They both chose the life they have, He should not be out partying with EIGHT CHILDREN AT HOME!!!!!!! HE NEEDS TO GROW UP!!!!!!! Just face it nobody’s life is perfect, they seem to have the same problems as everybody else, spouses being to hard on each other, saying things they shouldn’t, disagreements, financial issues, arguments. Is this not all a part of life ? Remember there are two sides to every story, Kate should not have to make him help, they are in it together, FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!! MAYBE COUPLES SHOULD THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE GETTING MARRIED AND HAVING CHILDREN ????? They both need attitude adjustments, she could be less harsh, and he should grow up.

8. .:. Mama to my Boy .:.

I agree with the 1st 2 comments. I can’t help but think these “divorce” rumors are the REAL reason they’re taking time off from filming.

I think Kate is horrible, but that is only my opinion. She could be very nice in person.

I think they’re having a lot more problems than we know about but I don’t think they will get divorced because of number 1: the show…I THINK they like the spotlight, free travels, MONEY, etc. Number 2: CHILD SUPPORT for 8 kids if they were to divorce would be crazy! And number 3: I don’t think they will be as popular or something (can’t find the right word) if they divorced.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if 1 or both have cheated in the past or right now.

But hey, that’s just my thoughts…I could be wrong!

9. Peta

I’m not a fan of those types of shows to begin with. With consenting adults is one thing, but I’m not gung-ho on the idea of cameras following children around 24-7 for my viewing pleasure. Plus, it seems like a reward system for any couple or any one who has an eyebrow raising number of children in one go – “Had 6 kids or more at once? Sign here!”

Which is probably what my favourite mother of multiples, whom I’ve thankfully heard little of since February, was hoping for when she became pregnant with her bundle of babies.

As for the divorce rumours – it wouldn’t surprise me. The few times I caught that show, Kate seemed like a shrill dictator. I know they do a lot in the editing room to grab more viewers, but some of it may have more than a few grains of truth.

I stopped watching the show because of how Kate treated Jon. She is a witch. All she cares about now is the money and she is making plenty of it, good luck to her. Jon half of that money is yours, get away from that witch. The kids will still have you in their life, you will always be a good father.

Maybe old Jon would feel more like a man, and less like he had to prove it by partying with other women in the middle of the night, if he went back to work and provided for his family, instead of letting the kids support him. He’s given up his role in the family and now he’s unhappy and whiny about it. Tough. Get yourself a job and take care of your own family and you won’t have enough energy left to do 20 year olds who aren’t your wife.

12. nikki

Glad to hear that Jon has moved on. She’s a *itch!

13. Lioness

I don’t really watch the show, but have caught bits and pieces and seen promos. According to many of you, Kate is a shrill, controlling dictator. But I think you’d probably be a little bossy too, if you had 8 small children and a husband who’s checked out. Whenever I see them, Jon always appears disinterested and exhausted. And I don’t know whether it’s Kate treatment of him that has caused him to be like that, or his own behavior that has caused Kate to treat him as she does. It might be the latter of the two, unlike many of you have said- who knows, Jon may have always been that way, and Kate may be frustrated that he isn’t more involved in or more aware of the happenings in his own household. So she (misguidedly) tries the only way she knows to shake/wake him up- by yelling. I talk from experience; if that’s the situation, I know where she’s coming from and why she is the way she is. And before you guys jump down my throat, I will also say that I know that the yelling and controlling definitely does NOT work- you can’t scream your way to love and attention. Also, they may have had all those kids before Jon was ready (well, clearly). So as someone else said, he feels stuck. But too little, too late, I say- that should’ve been dealt with before the 8 babies. So, I wouldn’t be surprised if the rumors are true.

Do people really watch this family? I always change the channel, I care no more about them than I do about the goings-on of any other strange family on the street. Why would I make some very regular family- albeit large- rich by watching them lead their daily lives? That would be like me watching the neighbors lead their lives, I can’t think of a sillier pastime. Just my opinion, of course :-)

14. Jen

There are two sides to every story. I’m sure there are reasons why Kate is tough on Jon. Perhaps it’s because she knows he act can like a teenage boy? And Jon knows he married a ball buster, probably because he needs to be kept in line so the inner teenage boy doesn’t come out. These two are truly ying and yang.

But unfortunately, like most people who run into a sudden windfall of money, recognition, and free opportunities, they seem to have lost sight of their affection and love for each other. Fame is blinding. It’s very sad. I hope they’re able to reconcile and break the cycle.

• mel

i totally agree! yes she’s mean to jon, but that’s no reason to cheat. cheating is wrong no matter what! they should’ve tried working on the marriage first instead of going out and cheating. there aren’t many people left with good morals anymore. all that selfishness is only hurting all their children. hopefully they’ll give it another go……

15. INA HOPPEN

Meanwhile wonder why we don’t hear about the family that has their own show with more 18 kids..The eldest just had a baby of his own.. Nice and
    quiet.. Take a lesson Jon don’t hang out at bars…

If you are unhappy why not write your own book about living a overbearing
    wife and 8 kids.. tell the world your side of the story..

16. antigoniem

To anonymous, he’s the only one in the household WITH a job.

17. didi

I used to watch the show on regular basis and enjoyed it. Yes, Kate could be abrasive, but taking care of 8 kids has got to push someone to their limits patience-wise. I caught a few episodes now that they are in their new huge home, and the whole dynamic has changed…..seems to sadly be a case of be careful what you wish for :( They have gained money & recognition, but at what cost??

Cant stand these greedy people. Cant believe this trash is still on the air, and WHY the heck are they in magazines? Get rid of these losers.

antigoniem: He doesnt have a job either. He claims to be working at home for a family friend, but which job, flexible or not, gives you the chance to be always out on trips and outings with your family so regularly? His “job” is overseeing their speaking engagements. They earn $65,000 an episode, excluding speaking engagement fees (at $25,000 each) and love offerings

I think she’s a good mother, and if thisman is cheating is a pig!
    be a man!
    when somebody has a family,it’s really important have respect.
    I don’t care if she acts like a witch,she’s his wife.

21. Amber

This is what I think kate believe nothing your hear and only half of what you see!! I watch your show all the time and I am watching your season 5 premere and I am a little bit taking back!! I feel that Jon has made poor judgements but I don’t think that he would cheat on you he has way to much too lose!! Yes you guys have 8 beatiful kids and I can’t even act like I understand how stressful that can be at times!! But I don’t think that a divorce is a way to go you guys just need a break and need to work things out because you guys are better than that!!! I would love to see you guys get out of this mess!! he will come around just give him some time and remember to forgive him I know it is not going to be easy I have been with my boyfriend for five years so I do understand tuff times I do hope you read this and please email me because I think that I have a lot of positive things to say!!! Just know that he loves you and if he didn’t he would of left you when the little kids was about 6 months old!!! He loves his kids and you can see the love in the house and in there life!!! but anyway keep your head up for the both of you ” Yes you to Jon” and I hope to see more of you guys!!!!

Sincerely,