Chad Lowe Welcomes Daughter Mabel

Chad Lowe Welcomes Daughter Mabel

It’s a girl for Emmy Award winning actor Chad Lowe and girlfriend, producer Kim Painter. Daughter Mabel Painter Lowe was born in Los Angeles on Saturday, May 16th, PEOPLE reports.

A rep for the Lowe, who is well known for his recurring roles on hit television shows such as 24 and Melrose Place says, “Everybody is healthy and happy.”

Daughter Mabel is the first child for the couple, who began dating in early 2007 following Lowe’s highly publicized split from fellow actor Hilary Swank.

Filed under: Births,Chad Lowe

1. Kelly

What a name! Poor kid.

2. Cari

Ditto, Kim! My grandmother’s name was Mabel! That’s a little too old-fashioned IMO, but it’s not my kid. If they have another little girl, they could name her Myrtle, I suppose.

3. It seems like some of the more old fashioned names are making a comeback but I agree that I wouldn’t strap my kid with one of them. I am actually more curious where the heck the middle name came from?

4. lily madeline

Mable middle name is her mother last name.

5. morgan

Wasn’t Mable the name they gave the kid in the old tv show “Mad about You”? I remember there being discussions about this name when it was chosen on the show. (I think it was this name anyway)

6. morgan

I just checked. And it was the name from the tv show. There is a story behind the name.

This site http://en.allexperts.com/q/Mad-1378/daughter.htm
    says the reason for chosing the name in “Mad about You” was because “Mabel stands for Mothers Always Bring Extra Love. Jamie’s mother was giving them advice on child care using acronyms as a way to help them remember what to do. Mabel wasn’t actually an acronym but Paul thought it was and that’s how they came up with that name.” Cute story for the name

7. Peta

Mabel’s still better than some ‘old’ names they could have given her. Like Mildred. *shudder*