Gisele Bündchen Feels Like An Adoptive Mother

Gisele Bündchen Feels Like An Adoptive Mother

Gisele Bündchen is attempting to put controversy to rest in a sit-down interview with the Brazilian show Fantastico. Mom-to-be Bündchen, who is expecting her first child with recently-wed husband Tom Brady, had stated that Brady’s two year-old son Jack, was “100% hers.” Jack’s biological mother, Bridget Moynahan, dated Brady for two years prior and the couple split when she was in the very early stages of her pregnancy with Jack.

Though Moynahan never publicly acknowledged Bündchen’s statement, there was a severe backlash against Bündchen, who is rectifying her view, saying, “I am crazy about children..I am an adoptive mother…I’ve already had this experience for two years.”

Due early next year, Bündchen has nothing but happy sentiments about the changes in her life, gushing, “Before … I had to go out, had to work. Now I think about it twice, three times, four times. So I only do the things that I really want to do. I prefer to stay at home. The big husband wins. Because of this relationship, what is most important to me is the family. Now I am creating my other family. I am [a] Cancer. I want to stay at home, cooking, relaxing. You have to follow the heart.”

She is feeling just as blessed about her marriage: “I think I’ve met the right person, my partner, my companion. I already knew that we would get married a year and a half before we got married. We felt it. The heart spoke louder.”

The couple were married earlier this year, in two separate ceremonies; one in February in Los Angeles and the second with friends at Gisele’s Costa Rica home in April.

Filed under: Gisele Bundchen,Tom Brady

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Good grief this woman is daft. She is not anything to Jack – adoptive or otherwise. Gisele is only Jack’s father’s wife – that’s it. She has no claim to Jack in any way, shape or form.

2. roberta

God, that was NOT what Gisele said.
    When the reporter asked her if she wanted kids, she said: “I’m already a STEPMOM”, because she couldn’t find the word in Portuguese. Then, the reporter, trying to help her, suggested the word ADOPTED MOM. Bad choice, but HE said that, not GISELE.

3. caroline

and you know this how? either way, gisele has no right to talk about her stepson when his own PARENTS easily avoid the subject. bridget, for one, has been keeping away from the public eye ever since he was born just so he can have some semblance of normalcy in his life, and then there’s gisele – the woman who keeps dragging him back in to it. if you love the kid, fine! but he’s not yours, will never be, and for god’s sake shut up. why does she have to re-assure us of her love for him? does a mother need to do that? NO. and lord knows when she gets her own little boy/girl, that kid will only have TWO people to be there for him whenever he wants – maybe only bridget. So let’s see.

Tom doesn’t feel the need to talk constantly to the press about his kid; why does she? Honestly, she needs to stop talking.

5. deeb2001

I am so sick of people jumping on her being a loving step parent. Just because she doesn’t have full custody with Tom Brady, doesn’t mean anything. That child has 3 people that love him and that care for him. People are so quick to put her down for what she says. Get over it. As a step parent to a child that my husband and I rarely see, doesn’t mean I love her any less. People r so quick to put down step parents, n if she was talking sideways about john, it would be a problem. She can’t win!

Nobody is putting down step parents in general. People are putting down a woman who can’t seem to shut up. Her need to have everybody know her relationship to that child is odd. Tom and Bridget don’t talk publicly about their child; why does she? Perhaps the mother would just as soon keep the kid out of the press as much as possible, which is certainly a worthy idea, and yet somebody who is not the parent, keeps dragging his name into print. It has nothing to do with whether she loves him or not, although she keeps assuring us that she does. It has to do with the fact that it is the parents who should decide to what extent a child should be subjected to the media and she doesn’t seem to get that.

7. Lola

Giselle please shut up! You are NOT an adoptive mother, you are barely a step mother who doesn’t even have primary custody of someone’s else child. She annoys me to no end!

8. momtoboys

If Bridget is concerned about the comments that Gisele makes to the media, then she has the right to address them privately with both Tom and Gisele. Perhaps it doesn’t really bother Bridget as much as it seems to bother so many of you. To say that Bridget is not his step-mom is ridiculous because by it’s definition that is exactly what she is. I find it odd that so many of you are annoyed by how much she cares for him. Should she ignore him? Only love him a little bit? I love my children so much that they are what I talk about all the time to anybody who will listen. Before I had my own children I was a nanny and I loved those children like crazy. I don’t think that it is impossible to love a child that is not biologically yours. Stop worrying about how much Gisele loves Tom & Bridgets son and maybe start worrying more about the incredible number of parents who don’t seem to care at all about their kids.

9. Julianna

I think she is so sweet when she say that ! At least John wont have the bad step-mother :D