Tori, Dean & Their Malibu Munchkins

Tori, Dean & Their Malibu Munchkins

Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott enjoyed a sunny day in Malibu with their two adorable children, 2-year-old Liam and 1-year-old Stella, on Sunday (July 26). Tori and Stella were sporting similar shades, while Liam wore a cute sun visor.

Tori’s mom, Candy Spelling, is making news again. Mommy dearest wrote an open letter to Tori through TMZ. Here’s a snippet of Candy’s reasons for missing Stella’s first birthday party:

…I have a vested interest in this subject. My daughter, Tori’s, two-part season finale revolves around my granddaughter’s first birthday party and how she has made what seems like an agonizing decision to invite me.
Cue music. Cue sideways glaces. Clue Lights.
I did get an invitation just in time for the RSVP deadline. I’m sure its delivery will be on next week’s episode with some comment about my house or driveway or street or something they won’t like. I wonder if that will be spread out over one part or two. Sigh.
A big party wasn’t how I envisioned meeting my granddaughter for the first time; but, hey, this is Hollywood, and my grandchildren have become reality show props, too. At the time I emailed “yes,” I didn’t realize I was being set up for a two-parter, even though it was clear I was being invited to be part of a segment for my daughter’s reality show…

Thoughts on Candy’s letter??

Filed under: Dean McDermott,Liam McDermott,Stella McDermott,Tori Spelling

Photo credit: Fame

1. melanie1983

i totally and completely agree with candy. i think it was all just for the show and the ratings. i would have said no too, but tried another way to see my grandkids.

2. Dea

I would say this mother-daughter relationship is so dysfunctional it’s just so wrong in many levels. Candy and Tori need to mature up and keep their problem private! They are craving so much for public attention it’s so annoying!! just go away already!!

3. cat vomit

i think candy is a B****

4. melanie1983

wait i take my comment back and agree with yours dea, lol

5. Anna

I think Candy shouldn’t have send a letter to TMZ but I do understand why she did. She knows that episode is going to bash her and she wants to defend herself.

It’s just wrong of Tori to invite her mother to come by when the cameras are on. They have a difficult relationship and they should sort it out in private without cameras there.

What a huge piece of work Candy is.

How dare she question what Tori does with her daughter regarding her birthday and take the moral high ground when she has not even taken the effort (because of percieved issues with Tori) to have a relationship with her grandchildren.

What a manipulative, bitter, nasty woman she is.

Let’s hope she eventually sees past her self-absorbed, victim status and has a relationship with her beautiful grandchildren.

7. Shirilicious

This is a lose-lose situation.
    If it was seriously meant as a good-hearted attempt from Tory’s side, she should have invited her mother a long time ago, without all these cameras sticking in Candy’s face and exploring this sensible meeting on TV.
    On Candy’s part, writing an open letter and sending it to TMZ nonetheless just shows that she doesn’t care at all about her daughter and her grandchildren and is instead putting her ego first.

8. Kylie

I heard Tori gave her mother the option of not appearing on camera. I loathe Candy, and the way she’s treating her daughter. I’m on Tori’s side. I wouldn’t even let Candy see Liam and Stella.

Tori is a glamorous, uber talented and down to earth natural beauty. She is the most stunning celeb mommy out there. Ever. In the world. End of story.

• Cords

@ anonymous…this is a joke right??? As you wrote this comment you were laughing all the while right?!?!? Because you can’t be serious with this!!!

10. Lola

To be honest, I think both these women are nothing but idiots. They’re both disgraces to women everywhere. Candy is a bitter old woman who cared more about money and appearance than anything else. Tori is a talentless spoiled brat who broke up another woman’s marriage for her selfish want. And she is so quick to blame everything on her mother. They both need to shut the hell up and forget each other.

tori needs to gain some weight.

12. Angi

How ANYONE can be on Candy’s side is BEYOND me. The woman said that her daughter was the cause of her husband’s death. Yea, mother of the year…..NOT! Tori maybe be in front of the camera, but it is her mother who is NOTHING but an attention whore!!

Angi, I agree. Tori can do whatever she wants with HER children, including not letting Candy see them.

14. Cords

I feel Candy wants no part of Tori’s show and the whole publicity thing, why can’t Tori understand and respect that?? Why does everything have to be on camera…for the sake of logic, let’s say Candy does want to reconcile with Tori why can’t they do it off camera. It’s obvious that the attention is the problem for Candy and I am sure Tori knows this then why continue to voice it publicly?!?!? I have a feeling her “husband” is behind all of this and that’s why she does it!

Hey more drama, means more viewers, more ratings, more publicity, and of course more money!! HELLO!

As for the children…I think like the Gosselins they found a gimmick and are gonna stick with it until that well dries up! I am so glad I am not a celebrity!