Mariska Hargitay: August Is “Mr. Please and Thank You”

Mariska Hargitay: August Is "Mr. Please and Thank You"

Actress Mariska Hargitay’s 3-year-old son August is already quite the little gentleman. The Law & Order: SVU star boasts that she’s very proud of her well-mannered boy.

“My son made me look really good when two people told me he said ‘excuse me, would you be so kind…’,” Mariska tells OK! . “He’s very polite, and that makes me very proud. He’s Mr. Please and Thank You. That’s important to me.”

As a mom, an actress and the founder of Joyful Heart, an organization that aims to empower survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse, Mariska serves as an inspirational role model to many. So who does the 45-year-old star most admire? The First Lady.

“I love her,” Mariska says of Michelle Obama. “I admire her so much. She is intelligent and elegant and graceful and generous and compassionate and maternal and strong.”

Mariska and her adorable son August are seen here earlier this month.

Filed under: August Hermann,Mariska Hargitay

He’s still wearing diapers?

2. Also Anonymous

Wow, Anonymous … what a bitchy thing to say!
    Feel better now?

Re-read the article. It is all about proper manners.
    Get some.

3. milla

LMAO Also Anonymous.

haven’t you all heard of ten year olds that still use pacifiers? Why don’t you all argue and cuss about that?

5. LaLa

Violet Affleck is going on 4 and still craps in her diapers.

he just turned 3…give the poor kid a break!! maybe they’re pull ups!!

7. Jazzy

Yeah really i mean i have a 3 year old cousin who’s wearing pull ups. its really not that big of a deal.

8. Sage

“would you be so kind” aww what an angel!

They are pull ups. My son has them too.

Also Anonymous- your pretentious comment was just as bad as the previous one you attacked.

He looks so much like her!

12. ?

Beautiful little boy!

13. Dea

Here we go again with the diaper hang-ups. What’s up with that? every kid’s development is different. When they are READY, they will be ready! no matter how much we try to potty train them, if they arent ready you cant make them.

14. Francesca

My daughter was potty trained at 2 and I take absolutely NO credit for it. The school had a potty training “boot-camp”…had it been up to me, she would probably still be in Pull-ups at 3. My friend’s daughter on the other hand is 5 and still in Pull-ups. Kids kind of go at their own pace and you never know if there is a medical problem associated with potty training delays. My niece’s bladder was growing at a faster rate than the rest of her body so she wet the bed all the time…all that said, I thinks it’s unfair to judge without knowing the situation…and honestly, it’s really no one’s business unless you’re the one changing him. LOL!

15. Shoeaddict

I love her. August is beautiful, too.

You’re right Dea. There’s a truly gorgeous child!

I’ve seen this picture before, so I don’t even know if August is actually 3 in it, but, alas, judging by the kids I’ve babysat and nannied for, 3 is a very normal age to still be working on potty training. Also, if August was on set for a couple hours, or out and about, he may not have access to a kiddie potty, so perhaps the pull-up is just a precautionary measure so as not to embarrass the little dude with a wet spot if he had an accident.

Also, diapers are a man-made phenomenon. Many people think that they actually confuse the young mind, which would otherwise be in tune to its waste needs much earlier. Read about a movement (no pun intended) called Elimination Control. These babies basically start potty training at birth, and are pretty independent with it by 18 months.

Here, I’ll save you a google. This seems like a good article about Elimination Control/Communication:

19. andreita

Beautiful little boy

20. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Susan