Ellen Pompeo’s On Set Baby Bump

Ellen Pompeo's On Set Baby Bump

A very pregnant Ellen Pompeo was spotted waiting in between takes of T.R. Knight’s character Dr. George O’Mally’s funeral on the set of Grey’s Anatomy on Monday (July 27) in Los Angeles, CA. The 39-year-old actress was also photographed arriving on the set of her popular TV show.

Now that T.R. Knight has left, show creator Shonda Rhimes recently said she is ready for everyone else to follow.

“We’re heading towards the future of the show and eventually, unless we’re really lucky, everybody’s going to go. That’s what the end of season five taught me. So we’re looking at how do we mess with that structure now while we have everybody and figure out ways in which, ‘What would we do without Ellen? What would we do if we had an episode without Patrick Dempsey?’”

Would you still watch Grey’s if Meredith and McDreamy were gone?

Filed under: Ellen Pompeo

Photo credit: Fame

1. Carol

I would never watch this show without PD & EP. They have by far the largest fan base and their chemistry is awesome. I can’t imagine this show surviving their departure. The writing and story arcs have been a disaster for the past 3 seasons and they have been the only reason I have watched this show since it jumped the shark.

2. sarah_ga

I won’t watch any episode without Pompeo. I’m watching this show ONLY for MerDer couple, so.. No Pompeo. No me.

3. pregnancy suits her :)

I wuold never watch Grey’s withouth Ellen. for sure.

I love her pictures. she looks adorable. :)

Wouldn’t watch without them.

6. Shirilicious

Well, without Meredith it wouldn’t be Grey’s Anatomy.
    Is Shonda Rhimes seriously contemplating this show’s future without its main couple? I mean, can a show jump a shark twice? I am really wondering, because with all the bad press GA got (deservedly) in the last couple years, why not try to end it on a high note (it would still be possible) instead of killing it twice?

7. SP

Uh…spoiler alert much? Not of all of us are so steeped in celebrity gossip that we knew what happened on the show. Thanks a lot.

That said, I’d probably still watch if they left. They’re nowhere near the best parts of the show anymore.

I thought years ago they could have killed Meridith off a few years ago when she was nothing but utterly depressing. They could have just renamed the show Seattle Grace.

9. Jenny

Good point SP. I definitely assumed all of us Grey’s fans knew of T.R.’s departure…..

Don’t watch the show, wish I did but I feel so far behind.

11. cat vomit

i never watched that show its so overdramatic! and annoying except there are some pretty hot guys in the show haha

12. dea

I dont follow and watch the show but I agree with some posters here, what’s the point of watching a show without the main stars? it’s like watching law & order:SVU without Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni.