“Jon & Kate Plus 8″ Will Continue, Minus Couch

"Jon & Kate Plus 8" Will Continue, Minus Couch

TLC President Eileen O’Neill publicly announced how their hit reality series, Jon & Kate Plus 8 , will continue at the Television Critics Association press tour on Thursday (July 30). O’Neill praised the “remarkable” Gosselins and addressed how Jon and Kate will continue their interviews, without the iconic family couch:

“Over the last four years and through 100 episodes, we’ve captured this remarkable family’s entertaining chaos. Viewers fell in love and the show developed a passionate, loyal following. But this past spring – life intervened and the family’s status changed. It was certainly something we never expected nor planned to have happen. But this has resulted in unprecedented television.

Our approach to the circumstance was simple: to cover the family with great care and thoughtfulness as they dealt with a subject that is all to familiar to many American families today. Jon and Kate [Gosselin] have never said they were perfect which has made them relatable and created an undeniable connection with the viewers.

Click below to continue reading TLC’s statement…..

We will continue to capture this family’s journey in a respectful and sensitive way. The show comes back on Monday and most new episodes remain a work in progress. But I will tell you, the iconic couch is gone. Jon & Kate will now have separate chairs for their interviews. You’re still going to see two parents that love their kids, but you’ll be seeing them parenting separately.

You’ll see what it’s like when Kate has to put a tent up for a backyard camping experience by herself. Or, see Jon trying to cook up a pizza for the kids. As far as new people and places that may be cycling into Jon and Kate’s lives, we are taking it on a case-by-case basis.

This is real life. It’s important to remember that our cameras are only there for moments in time, and those moments have limits.”

Will you tune into the next season of Jon & Kate Plus 8?

Filed under: Jon Gosselin,Kate Gosselin

Photo credit: INFdaily.com

1. Sam

Poor kids, this is a time that should e private and they should stop filming the show.

I agree 100% with Sam. If the network cared at all about this family the filming would STOP immediately. Stop seeing $ signs and think about the children.
    And, to Jon and Kate, WAKE UP ! Think about your children for once.

3. Cari

TLC is just as guilty as Jon and Kate. Exploitation is the name of the game.

4. Jumble

I stopped watching it when the marriage unravelled and it all became too fake and contrived. Kate dresses like a woman trying to catch a man. Jon dresses like an overgrown adolescent. And the children are treated like show puppets or cute monkeys. No wonder Maddy was having fits and crying. She was obviously growing more and more distressed by the constant presence of cameras.

These children need a real home, a safe haven away from the cameras where they can live a normal life–in private.

5. I

I can see why its a tough decision to continue (or not) filming. You want to continue to provide for your kids and take them places you wouldnt normally be able to… But at what expense? Those kids wont have a chance to a “normal” life. I just hope the media isnt treating them like they are Jon or Kate. Their decision to continue to air Im assuming has their best interest in mind.

Everyone loved this show before the Gosselins moved to a beautiful home and Kate (5 years after the sextuplets birth) became thinner and more fashionable. No one ever questioned the children’s experience until Kate’s family went to STAR magazine and made accusations, despite being on the show numerous times in the past. This is completely a case of America loving the “underdog”, and when the Gosselins became less of of the struggling suburbia family, people turned on them. I think Jon’s clearly having a midlife crisis (hello, REAL LIFE!) but that doesn’t mean I’m still not interested in seeing the gaggle of kids grow up and Kate (whom usually really gets on my nerves) try to hack it on her own. This is a BLATENT example of how fickle and two faced the media and American viewers really are!

7. jj

I have read through everyones comments. This show is a reality show. It was in the beginning and it is still now. It is just that the reality of things have changed. I believe America does not want to see the ugly in life. The part of reality shows is you have to take the good, bad and ugly all together. Let me throw a thought out there. Some people think that they should cancel the show. Do you really think that the paparazzi will stop following them. I think they have more of a security blanket doing the show then if they stopped for the safety of the children. Everyone has an opinion on what should be done, but I have to remind myself I am not in their situation. So I can either watch the show or not.