Penelope Cruz Is Pregnant!

Penelope Cruz Is Pregnant!

Penelope Cruz and longtime boyfriend Javier Bardem are expecting their first child!

“Penelope is about four months pregnant,” a source confirms exclusively to JustJared.com. “She’s really healthy now and will be a great mother.”

The soon-to-be parents have appeared in three films together: Live Flesh, Vicky Christina Barcelona and Jamón, Jamón.

The 35-year-old actress has been in Germany promoting her latest movie, Broken Embrace.

Though the couple is expecting they have no plans for marriage. In August she told UK’s Psychologies magazine, “When I [have babies], I want to do it really well. I want it to be my best project in life. I don’t know if I believe in marriage. I believe in family, love and children.”

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Thanks to CBS reader Kylie!

Filed under: Penelope Cruz

Photo credit: Splash

Half the marriages end in divorce because they shouldn’t have entered into marriage in the first place. Marriage is alot more than a piece of paper, it is a legally binding contract that requires honest committment, maturity and emotional integity order to function and exist. Clearly these qualities are in short supply in modern culture regardless one’s country of origin or religious inclination. The ability to enter into and sustain a high functioning marriage is a fairly good indicator that a person is committed to other areas of their life and society in general. In the business world married men excel in their career far rapidly than their non married counterparts, during jury selection married people are far more likely to be chosen as jurors than not and married people particularly men are known to live longer happier and healthier lives than non marrieds. I am no condemning remaining single, however, when it comes to procreating IMO if a couple are not willing to officiate their relationship for a child then they should rethink how they are going to commit to raising said child. Congrat to Penelope and Javier, I wish them a healthy baby and much joy.

2. Rinoa

Aww, congrats to them! What a beautiful couple.

Does anyone believe in marriage anymore?

4. Anna

People are just realizing that marriage holds no meaning if half of them end in divorce. Marriage doesn’t make the love or the commitment stronger. It’s just ritual some people like to do and some people don’t.

I had no idea they were a couple though! Is this really a long time relationship?
    Congrats to them!

5. milla

ya Anna, those two have been together for a while now. good for them:) i wish them the best.

6. Carrie

Yay!! I’m almost 4 months, too. I wonder if we have a close due date. I wish her the best!

7. Two gorgeous Oscar winners. No pressure for that baby to be stunning, huh? :)

Congrats to the happy couple!

It thought she was pregnant when I saw that picture yesterday! Yay, I am happy for her : )

9. ivy

congratulations carrie :)

I am a firm believer in marriage. I think having that public commitment helps people stay together when times can get a little tough. It doesn’t always work out, but I think people try just a bit harder. Call me old-fashioned, but I have been married almost 16 years and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I give this relationship another year and they will not be together!

I also am a firm believer in marriage!

12. Carrie

Aw thanks ivy you are so nice!!! =)

Carrie, this is about Penelope Cruz – not about you! Are you a celebrity?

• Carrie

Wow. I would never insult someone just because they said they were pregnant. I’m beyond grateful I’m pregnant and my baby is healthy because I have had several miscarriages. Do you want to continue insulting me? Think before you say something.

14. ivy

wow are you the bully of CBS aonymous? we ARE allowed to talk to each other here.

15. Rinoa

I think Anonymous woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What’s wrong with congratulating someone on a happy and exciting time in life?

16. melanie1983

oh WOW! congrats!!! i looove them in VCB!

17. Émilie

Oh boy, why are American women so obsessed with the MARRIIIIIAGEEEEEEEE thing?!? It’s so ridiculous and pathetic.

Marriage would not change their relationship in any way and would certainly not make them better parents.

I don’t think this is ture I have not heard it any were else

19. Analise

Stop putting down people because they believe in marriage! A few morals never hurt anyone…that’s why our country is so screwed up. And how dare you call marriage pathetic, Emilie. Get a life!

20. anne

Every good wish to Penelope and Javier! I think the world of them individually, love them together, and hope their ‘together’ is a long, long time (and lived by their own lights).

21. Émilie

Oh but I never called marriage pathetic… I called women obsessed with marriage, pathetic. Not quite the same.

As for morals, nobody marries in my country and everybody’s fine. Even my aunt who is a nun, don’t think it’s a big deal to have children without being married. You have to understand that Europe is very progressive and not really religious. Penelope and Javier, probably, don’t think marriage is as important as you may think.

22. Shirilicious

Sigh, you know, I’m European and honestly even I’m getting tired about this “shoulder-self -patting” how progressive and not religious we Europeans apparently are. Yes, there are wonderfully open-minded, progressive people and then we have some stupendously religious folks who would perfectly blend in within the American Bible Belt. Europe is big, so is France ( assuming you’re from France, Emilie). Go to some rural areas and you’d be surprised how deeply some people (and mind you, I am talking about the younger generation) care about getting married first and having children second. Come to Great Britain and you’d be surprised how “obsessed” young women can get about their “big day”. On the other hand, visit San Francisco or NYC and you’ll be amazed about the progressiveness there.
    Your aunt for sure can’t be catholic if she thinks that’s not a big deal.