Céline Dion Expecting Baby No. 2!

Céline Dion Expecting Baby No. 2!

Update: Céline Dion is in fact pregnant with her second child! A family member told PEOPLE, “We learned this morning.” While a rep for the 41-year-old The Power of Love singer confirmed the news saying, “Céline and René are very happy,” and “They are crazy in love over the news … they are overjoyed.”

Congrats to the Dion-Angélil family!

Click below to read original post…

Is Celine Dion set to become a mother for the second time? According to a report in Canadian newspaper the Montreal Gazette, the 41-year-old songstress is expecting!

The article states that Celine and her husband René Angélil, 67, have “conceived with the help of a team of fertility doctors in New York.” The couple’s first child, 8 1/2-year-old son René-Charles, was conceived via in vitro fertilization.

In 2007, Celine spoke to Hello! Canada about her plans for the future, saying, “I’ll do little tours with little shows… and maybe have a second child. My mother had me at 41; I’m sure I could do the same.”

Filed under: Celine Dion

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. cat vomit

@AMANDA

YOU’RE WEIRD

2. Beth

He looks ridiculous like he’s wearing a wig….Thats not saying anything against Celine, Its just calling a spade a spade. He just looks silly. Congrats anyway…!

3. sheila

Their son looks like he could be a Jackson sibling, don’t you think? Amazing similarity – at least in this picture. As for the baby news, it’s a personal thing… I tend to think that if you really want to have a child and are past the prime of your fertility, wouldn’t it be a wonderful idea to adopt? But, as said, it’s a very personal thing. May the baby be healthy and the family happy.

4. Dana

Congrats to their family! I’m going out on a limb and am guessing there will be twins!

5. emmie

amanda it’s not called being rude, it’s called speaking the obvious! may he live a healthy life, but come on let’s be realistic here! anyhoo, congrats to the couple!

Cut that kid’s hair already!

7. melanie1983

hilarious ivy…not
    CONGRATS! that’s soo great, i cannot wait to see it!

8. Keri

Congratulations! After having fertiliy problems she seems to truly cherish and love her child. They both seem to be great and involved parents. I think having a loving father that is 67 is better than an irresponsible 20 or even 30 year old – it’s the quality of time we have together not the quantity!

9. Congrats Celine! Her first child is very androgynous.

10. Janie

I do not know what to say.

Her husband is 70 years old. He will be this kid’s grandfather.

Their son looks just like a girl. His hair is absolutely ridiculous!

This family is so strange!

Congratulations to Celine, but he’s pushing 70, I think that is selfish of them to have a child when the man wont be around long enough to see the child graduate from HS.

12. Amanda

That is very rude to say that about Rene, how dare you say he’s going to be too far gone or even dead by the time his second child finishes school. he is in good health, you can’t say how long he will or will not be around.

13. Keri

Congratulations! After her battle with infertility she seems to really cherish her family. Rene seems to be a wonderful father. In my opinion it is better to be a 67 year old loving involved father than a 20 or even 30 year old that is irresponsible or even absent. It is the quality of time we have togetherin life that counts —not the quantity!

14. I’m not going to go dumpster diving here. I just want to wish them the best of luck. Having a child is beautiful, and if they can pull it off; more power to them.

15. Amanda

Emmie, no thats just rude

cat vomit, gross name. and no I’m not “weird.” I’m just a really big fan of Celine’s and if you were any kind of fan of hers you’d know like the rest of her true fans do how desperately she wanted this baby as did Rene.

16. ivy

maybe they’ll have a girl then they can stop treating their son like a girl.

17. Pierre

Congratulations to Celine and Rene.

18. Amanda

Oh shut up about RC’s hair, he did get a hair cut so stop complaning!

I am so happy for Celine, when I found out I cried. I am a huge fan of Celine’s and all her fans know what it really means to her to be pregnant, she talks about it a lot in interviews. Congrats Celine, Rene and Rene Charles I wish you all the best for the pregnancy and your career in the future.

Here is the People article;;

Making good on her expressed desire to have more children, Céline Dion is pregnant.

A family member tells PEOPLE, “We learned this morning.” While a rep for the 41-year-old singer confirmed the news to various outlets saying, “Celine and René are very happy,” and “They are crazy in love over the news … they are overjoyed.”

Herself the product of a family of 14, Dion only learned of her condition on Monday, reports Tuesday’s Journal de Montreal, after she and her husband, René Angélil, 67, conceived with the help of a team of fertility doctors in New York.

The couple’s one child together, son René-Charles, was born January 2001. The rep tells ET Canada that he “starts his first day of private school today.”

Angélil also has three other children from two previous marriages.

According to reports in the French language press, Dion, whose concert tour ended in March, took time off this spring to concentrate on becoming a mother again. She also visited the clinic of Dr. Zev Rosenwaks, the Manhattan-based fertility expert who helped with the birth of René-Charles.

Quoting a previous interview the newspaper had conducted with Angélil, the Journal reports that “everything hinges on the pregnancy” in terms of Dion’s future professional plans – and that a pregnancy now could conceivably delay the singer’s scheduled return to Las Vegas in fall 2010.

19. Kylie

I saw this article and was just about to send it in! Congratulations to Celine.

20. Jenny

Omigosh how exciting!

21. Wow, I think it’s great? What is she having? A boy or a girl? Good for her and her husband. They deserve it. She is a great vocalist and he’s been good on managing her.